Teradata

2.4

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teradata in November 2014.

Was initially referred by a former student in my program. I completed an online interview, then a phone screening, and finally met face-to-face with HR and senior consultants. Overall the process wasn't too difficult and the questions were mostly easy, with a could atypical interview questions thrown in. There was a lot of competition for the position which is likely why I wasn't given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would your least favorite professor have to say about your strengths.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Teradata in August 2014.

The initial process up until the first interview took only about two weeks. I got a call from a recruiter from the company, was vetted and then pushed to an additional phone interview with the Hiring Manager. After that, I was brought in for a face-to-face interview the next week... and this is when the strange stuff started.

The interview was easy, but not substantive at all. I was brought into the very quite office (like a ghost town) and into a small conference room with just the hiring manager; which would be my would-be boss. He seemed very easy-going and gave me his history at the company. The entire time I was praying inside that the hiring manager would ask me any question that would allow me to distinguish my talents, experience and personality. I was confused because we obviously seemed to have a positive rapport, but the interview was so uneventful that I wondered "did I just basically get the job?" After the whole process, it became more clear that he was not interested in hiring anyone for the role... at all.

Many weeks passed and nothing came of it. I was (and am) gainfully employed, so I took less concern of this and assumed that they went for someone else. However, every time I inquired, I was told that there were delays for reason x, y and z and that I was still on the short list; promising next steps 4 weeks out... and this is from the hiring manager! Very strange.

After being on the hook for over two months, the recruiter told me that the hiring manager wanted to scrap all candidates and search again. By this time, I didn't really care, as the division seemed like it didn't know what the hell it was doing. However, it was annoying enough for me to write this negative review to the talented workforce out there.

Information Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teradata.

Applied online. E-mailed me 2 weeks later. Set up phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teradata in January 2014.

New Grad position - first contacted to fill out a screening form where I outlined my experience in certain areas as well as answered questions regarding expected salary. Next I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and an engineer. Relatively easy and mostly non-technical. We discussed my education and experience in internships. At the end of my phone interview the hiring manager said he wanted to move forward and get me in for an on-site interview. We scheduled that interview right then. The onsite interview consisted of 2 rounds with 3 people each. The first was with a group of engineers and it was some technical questions, but nothing really specific or hands on. Some behavioral questions. The second round was mostly all technical and certainly the most difficult part of the interview. This round was with the hiring manager and senior engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a stack on the board, BST traversal, insertion, removal, pointers   Answer Question
    Offer was a little lower than I was expecting. The HR representative indicated flexiblity but in providing a counter offer they were only able to come up a little bit. Nevertheless, a great company that I am excited to work for!

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Teradata in July 2013.

I was contacted by them at the beginning of the week to schedule the interview. They really wanted to interview me, so they asked if they could interview me after hours. I said sure. They asked me basic questions. I was able to answer almost all of them.

Interview Questions
    It was already set by the temp agency.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

interviewed at Teradata in March 2013.

contacted HR through Linkedin. They scheduled my 1 hour long phone interview. The questions were mainly on resume and some on data warehouse and data base. Phone interview was held by a team consisting of 1 project manager, 1 system tester, 1 senior developer and 1 HR.

Interview Questions
    • Just know your resume and let them know why you need to work with Teradata.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teradata in September 2012.

Phone screen lasted about 30 minutes. It consisted of 5 technical questions and going over related work history. Not much was discussed about the new position. On site interview as mostly going over work history.

Interview Questions
    • I expected the on site interview to be more technical like the phone screen. I was asked only one technical question, the rest of the time was just reviewing my work history.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Teradata in June 2012.

The Hiring Manager emailed me to set-up a series of Interviews. The interview consisted of 4 1:1 interviews:
    1st Interview with Hiring Manager; We discussed my resume & past experiences & tried to identify pertinent aspects for the job. It was extremely cordial
    2nd Interview was with Director of PM - again a comfortable interview; we discussed merits of Pragmatic Marketing etc
    3rd Interview was with another Product Manager - again cordial; we discussed the infrastructure for PM
    Then Hiring Manager gave me a tour of the campus & told me that they consider me extremely interesting & also asked me my salary expectations. He asked me to comeback the next week & meet another PM - that was on vacation
    4th 1:1 - was cordial; we traded notes on Product Realization Process & felt comfortable about the process
    The Hiring Manager informed that they are in process of wrapping up interview process the next week - they still had some internal candidates to interview
    The next week the Hiring Manager informed me that final decision would be made after 2 weeks
    After 2 weeks, Hiring Manager informed me that they decided to go with an internal candidate for the job - disappointing but understandable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing of note - usual PM questions: top accomplishments, weaknesses (if any) etc   Answer Question

Database Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Teradata in February 2012.

Went to school job fair and submitted resume to the hiring manager. A week or so later I got an email from her to schedule a phone interview with one of the engineers. He asked a couple of database questions and about what I wanted to do in the future.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Teradata in November 2011.

This was a typical interview process where I met with members of the team and talked about the job and my experience. Really nothing too hard about the interview just have your act together.

The strange thing about Teradata is that you negotiate with HR and not your hiring manager. I had never experienced this before so be ready with your industry standards and proof that you are what you are worth. They are low in their initial offer and will work hard to keep you low.