Teradici Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2014
Updated Jun 26, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Teradici in November 2013.

The hiring process was done online, after submitting an resume and cover letter, my co-op advisors contacted me with a over the phone interview. After the phone interview there was a formal interview where they asked me a few questions and showed me around the office.

Intermediate Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Teradici.

I was interviewed at Teradici for the software developer position. First of all, they asked me to explain my background. Then, asked me to explain the most challenging project that I have gone through. Later, they asked me to write a short function that returned a string in a reverse order after it receives a string as an input.

Interview Questions
    • Write a short function that returned a string in a reverse order after it receives a string as an input.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Teradici in February 2013.

I met the Director of Software Engineering, Paul Pavlik, at my school's career fair where I talked with him and conveyed my interest and enthusiasm towards different aspects of software engineering such as Agile development. After we had talked, I gave him a resume and a week later, I was given an interview.

The interview process was fairly standard and consisted of two senior programmers and myself in a spacious and well-lit room. I was first asked to give a brief description about myself and why I decided to pursue a career in software engineering. I was later told that this question was asked to relax and get rid of any nervousness felt by the interviewee (which I appreciated).

After the introductions, I was given two brain teasers. After a small hint, I was able to solve the first one and I easily solved the second brain teaser by using that same hint. I later learned that this is what the interviewers were looking for - identifying similarities between problems and using the same approach that worked on one problem, on a different problem. I was then asked a programming question ("write a program that reverses a c-style string") which I did fairly well in. Initially, I had several errors in my code but luckily, I was given a chance to look over my code to catch these errors without any help. Finally, I was asked to talk about one of my school projects and some of the design choices I had made.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that I was asked concerned the project I talked about (it was building a multimeter). I was asked how to reduce the tolerance level of the multimeter and get more accurate readings.   Answer Question
    Co-op student so no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Teradici in May 2011.

Since I was part of the Engineering Co-op program in my university, the application process was pretty much constrained to submitting a Cover Letter and Resume through the program. As for the interview itself, when I first got to the office I was greeted by the lady at the front desk, then she offered me something to drink while we waited for my interviewer. When my interviewer arrived, we then moved to a meeting room (Just the two of us), then he introduced himself and what he does, then he asked me to introduce and tell him about myself as well.

After the introductions, he asked me about some of the projects that I worked on since I had quite a few listed on my resume. He seemed very interested in what I have done in said projects and that actually helped me relax during the rest of the interview. Then we moved to some technical questions. Questions included some software related stuff (in my case it was about a sorting algorithm), then we moved on to hardware questions. All the hardware related questions were about transistors, their operation, etc...

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I got was what If you drive a transistor with a frequency much higher than its transition frequency. It was unexpected because I never actually thought about it before that day or actually did it in any of my classes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Teradici in December 2011.

Interviewed for a QA testing position. Interviewed with on person for roughly 30 minutes to an hour. Standard technical black box testing questions, linux terminal questions, simple coding questions, networking technical questions, and behavioural questions. The experience was good overall, the interviewer was more than happy to answer some of my questions, as well as drop hints on simple errors made during white board coding.

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Teradici in July 2013.

Initially applied through the Teradici website after hearing positive comments regarding the company from friends and past colleagues. Received a call from one of the recruiters a couple weeks later to arrange a phone interview with him.

After that interview, I had to follow up with the recruiter a few weeks later regarding my application. Soon after, I was invited to a first round in-person interview with two Staff Engineers on the team. This interview lasted an hour and mainly consisted of behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume and past experience.

Three days after that interview, I was invited to a second in-person interview with five other members of the team, including a Director and Software Manager. This interview had a total duration of two and half hours and was split into three parts. The questions included both behavioral and strictly technical ones that were specific to topics listed in the job description.

Throughout the entire process, everyone that I interacted with at Teradici was extremely nice and passionate about their work. The office and work culture appeared very positive and almost all of the interviewers ensured that there is heavy emphasis on constant learning and guiding new members in order for them to become comfortable with the team.

I received a call regarding a formal offer for the position a few hours after the second interview. My salary expectations were met and the large list of employee benefits and health coverage was great.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see your career in five years? What makes you a good candidate for this position? Design an algorithm and test plan for a program that will print out all integers that are not a multiple of three.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Marketing Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Teradici in July 2013.

Recently i had the pleasure of interviewing with Teradici Corporation. i interviewed with about 10 different people from various business units including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, HR and Business Development. this gave both Teradici and me an overall perspective of the organization and people that contribute to the business. while it was time consuming to interview with so many people, it solidified my decision to join the company. I am happy i did.

Interview Questions
    • i was asked what my fear was in working for large global companies (+100,000 employees) to now join a small company with only 250 employees.   View Answer
    Once everyone at Teradici had re-grouped and compared notes about me, they had a consistent view and perspective of me and i think the decision was easy. we had a few discussions around compensation and they met my expectations. from there are on it was easy.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Teradici.

Seemed like a factory operation - just hiring bodies... Two interview rounds, mostly technical. Seemed like a cold place for employees. Not really interested in answering my questions when asked - short answers, kind of brushed them off.

Interview Questions
    • Focused on my agile development experience, which was clear on my resume that I didn't come from that type of development environment   Answer Question

Didn't seem like a good place to work and grow my career. Pretty clear they had no plan for employee development

Associate Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Teradici.

Only one interview, mostly technical about object oriented programming and design patterns

No negotiation

Worked for Teradici? Contribute to the Community!