Teradyne

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Contractor/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Reading, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Teradyne.

I was contacted by contract recruiter who works at the Teradyne site in North Reading. I had one interview with 2 managers and 2 technical people. The overall experience was very positive, but thorough. After a brief introductory interview with the recruiter, I jumped right into an interview where I was asked to code 4 algorithms while the interviewer watched over my shoulder. While this level of scrutiny was unnerving at first, he did his best to make me comfortable and do my best. I actually enjoyed getting a chance to show what I like to do and can do best, rather than just talk about it. The person asked a large number of short, basic questions about C# that showed the breadth, rtaher than depth of your knowledge. Again, he was friendly and relaxed in what is essentially a confrontational, diagnostic scenario. The last 2 interviews with managers where more general and philosophical in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to code while the interviewer watched over my shoulder was a new and challenging situation for me.   View Answer
    The rate & benefits (none) had been stated at the outset, since it was a contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teradyne.

Very technical, digital, analog and DSP, plus some software questions. Talked to 5 different people, each concentrated on a different area. Took me out to lunch, the manager asked me some general questions.

Interview Questions
    I was just out of college, so I didn't really negotiate the salary.

Testing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Teradyne.

phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Asking about RC, Frequency response, mathematical formula   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Teradyne.

Applied online. Was a initial screening interview with two engineers. After a week there was a day long interview with about 8 people. Questions ranged from RF, AM modulation, DAC gain, ADC gain, Gain error, Inductance, Op-Amps, Nyquist theory, Internal schematic of a Audio Video Digitizer (draw and explain how it works), different cards present in a tester. Some C++ and some conflict resolution amongst team members.

Interview Questions
    • Hard to tell. They ask almost everything. Some questions which were related to my background I could answer - some I stumbled.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer IV Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Teradyne.

Slow to move on making an offer. Well educated people.

Interview Questions
    • Must be very technically inclined. To answer deep technical questions.   Answer Question
    Still working on this.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teradyne in January 2013.

Initial Phone Screening with Recruiter - 45 Minutes

Phone Screening with Hiring Manager -1 Hour, about a week after
    * explaining the position, the job responsibilities, company benefits, training possibility, career goals and growth path, etc. A portion of the call was focused on problem solving skills, and discussions on how I would approach an issue.

On Site Interview - Full Day, about 2 weeks after the screening
    Met with 10 team members of all levels, focusing on RF, mixed signal, analogue, some simple programming, questions on how to approach debugging a chip.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly related to my background, and how that would be applied in this position. Interviewers were understanding and only wanted to observe the train of thoughts and approach I had.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Reading, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Teradyne in January 2013.

Hr contact me thru email and scheduled a phone interview.

Phone interview is pretty enjoyable. They introduced what they are doing and asked my interest. Then followed by a onsite.

Onsite. Talked to 5 people. Each 45 mins. Questions are based on what did you do and your basic knowledge about some programming languages and technologies. Plus, what type of person you are.

Anonymous Employee in North Reading, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Teradyne in December 2012.

Was scheduled a phone interview via email and asked a few basic questions regarding Masters Project in the Resume, saying I will be notified within a week regarding the results. I did not hear from them for almost two months and finally got a reply saying I was not selected. Very slow in the whole procedure.

Interview Questions
    • Masters Project Related questions regarding Design Test.   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teradyne in November 2012.

Gave resume at Career fair and got call for on-site interview..no phone interview..5 rounds of interview at location lasting 5-6 hours total..first interview was basic- how you manage time, reporting on large data etc..2. Software- Ask basics of C/C++..ask me to write basic loops and conditions in C++..3. Technical - Drew diagram of their tester circuit and asked me what different components do 4. Technical - RF/Analog - Asked me about filters and to draw circuits...Modulation- AM, FM... 5. Asked me about education and projects from resume, work I do at previous job..

Interview Questions
    • Question about their tester diagram and circuits..Also ADC, DAC convert..   View Answer

Product Support Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Reading, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teradyne in October 2012.

Received an email that they were interested in me. No initial phone call, just email. Got an interview the same week. Met the department manager, quick chat about what they do, then had about 30 minute interviews with 3 of his team members. Got asked a few simple technical questions by each interviewer. One of them gave me a small tour of their facility and what they do. Lastly, met with HR, asked typical HR questions, given a brochure. HR was about 20 minutes late. Lasted about 2 1/2 hours long. Nice people, was okay even if I messed up some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between ++*ptr and *ptr++?
      Draw a half-wave rectifier.
      Explain your most recent project.
      Explain a time you had a conflict with a team member.

Answer Question