Teradyne

Teradyne Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Teradyne.

Applied online. Was a initial screening interview with two engineers. After a week there was a day long interview with about 8 people. Questions ranged from RF, AM modulation, DAC gain, ADC gain, Gain error, Inductance, Op-Amps, Nyquist theory, Internal schematic of a Audio Video Digitizer (draw and explain how it works), different cards present in a tester. Some C++ and some conflict resolution amongst team members.

Interview Questions
    • Hard to tell. They ask almost everything. Some questions which were related to my background I could answer - some I stumbled.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teradyne in January 2013.

Initial Phone Screening with Recruiter - 45 Minutes

Phone Screening with Hiring Manager -1 Hour, about a week after
    * explaining the position, the job responsibilities, company benefits, training possibility, career goals and growth path, etc. A portion of the call was focused on problem solving skills, and discussions on how I would approach an issue.

On Site Interview - Full Day, about 2 weeks after the screening
    Met with 10 team members of all levels, focusing on RF, mixed signal, analogue, some simple programming, questions on how to approach debugging a chip.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly related to my background, and how that would be applied in this position. Interviewers were understanding and only wanted to observe the train of thoughts and approach I had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teradyne in November 2012.

Gave resume at Career fair and got call for on-site interview..no phone interview..5 rounds of interview at location lasting 5-6 hours total..first interview was basic- how you manage time, reporting on large data etc..2. Software- Ask basics of C/C++..ask me to write basic loops and conditions in C++..3. Technical - Drew diagram of their tester circuit and asked me what different components do 4. Technical - RF/Analog - Asked me about filters and to draw circuits...Modulation- AM, FM... 5. Asked me about education and projects from resume, work I do at previous job..

Interview Questions
    • Question about their tester diagram and circuits..Also ADC, DAC convert..   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teradyne in April 2012.

1st technical interview at university .. Very basic stuff. Then Team leader took a phone interview for 1/2 hr. Then On site interview after 15 days at San Jose Office.6 Different managers interviewed . Piad lunch with HR manager. Was not offered because of less experience.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Teradyne in June 2009.

Very lengthy interview procedure, took over 2 months, started from phone interview by HR, phone interview by the hiring manager, onsite interview with the team, face to face interview with the hiring manager's manager, then his manager again