Teradyne

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Teradyne in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very lengthy interview procedure, took over 2 months, started from phone interview by HR, phone interview by the hiring manager, onsite interview with the team, face to face interview with the hiring manager's manager, then his manager again

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Teradyne.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was a initial screening interview with two engineers. After a week there was a day long interview with about 8 people. Questions ranged from RF, AM modulation, DAC gain, ADC gain, Gain error, Inductance, Op-Amps, Nyquist theory, Internal schematic of a Audio Video Digitizer (draw and explain how it works), different cards present in a tester. Some C++ and some conflict resolution amongst team members.

Interview Question – Hard to tell. They ask almost everything. Some questions which were related to my background I could answer - some I stumbled.   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Teradyne in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Screening with Recruiter - 45 Minutes

Phone Screening with Hiring Manager -1 Hour, about a week after
* explaining the position, the job responsibilities, company benefits, training possibility, career goals and growth path, etc. A portion of the call was focused on problem solving skills, and discussions on how I would approach an issue.

On Site Interview - Full Day, about 2 weeks after the screening
Met with 10 team members of all levels, focusing on RF, mixed signal, analogue, some simple programming, questions on how to approach debugging a chip.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly related to my background, and how that would be applied in this position. Interviewers were understanding and only wanted to observe the train of thoughts and approach I had.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Teradyne in November 2012.

Interview Details – Gave resume at Career fair and got call for on-site interview..no phone interview..5 rounds of interview at location lasting 5-6 hours total..first interview was basic- how you manage time, reporting on large data etc..2. Software- Ask basics of C/C++..ask me to write basic loops and conditions in C++..3. Technical - Drew diagram of their tester circuit and asked me what different components do 4. Technical - RF/Analog - Asked me about filters and to draw circuits...Modulation- AM, FM... 5. Asked me about education and projects from resume, work I do at previous job..

Interview Question – Question about their tester diagram and circuits..Also ADC, DAC convert..   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Teradyne in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1st technical interview at university .. Very basic stuff. Then Team leader took a phone interview for 1/2 hr. Then On site interview after 15 days at San Jose Office.6 Different managers interviewed . Piad lunch with HR manager. Was not offered because of less experience.

Interview Question – draw a circuit of a filter?   Answer Question

Worked for Teradyne? Contribute to the Community!