Terenine

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chattanooga, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Terenine in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed back in Feb for a position that was supposed to start immediately offered the job on first interview. I waited for over 3 mos. for the offer letter that never came. The blame was placed on senior management b/c the most basic details were not followed thru; I suspect the hostile work environment, lack of focus, and tremendous attrition as eluded to by several employees probably drove away this senior manager.

The fiasco continued 6 mos after the initial interview; I was asked to interview again and I obliged. This time with the assurance that the position had the appropriate requisition and funding. First leg of gauntlet was a PHONE interview (even though I was a local candidate) with CISO, I passed and was asked to come in again for a panel interview.

The panel interview was a joke, the most senior member of the team shows 45 min late to the interview, takes call in interview, has a general lack of coherent thought and focus in his interview questions...what a gross disrespect to his colleagues and company that came prepared. I sat thru for 3.5 hours and 6 interviewers, I pressed them with as many questions as they asked me. I was told by several employees that the company was disorganized and extremely hostile.

At the end I circled back for constructive feedback, the only item willing to be shared with me was my inquisitive nature into culture was noted.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe a scenario in which you and a dozen stakeholders were involved? what your role and involvement was?   Answer Question
  • If you had a choice between a pirate or a ninja which one would you be? and why?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Chattanooga, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Terenine in February 2011.

Interview Details – One phone screening, followed by a technical phone interview, then an in person interview. Offer was given while on site after the in person interview. 'Christian' stuff all over the walls, but no one can tell you what their beliefs really are. Whiteboard test on site was very challenging. Make sure you know your stuff, comp sci theory would be very good. PHP 5 especially.

Interview Question – Design a database and class structure for a car rental business to track the information about the vehicle details.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, they don't negotiate.

IT Interview

IT
Chattanooga, TN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Terenine in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very basic interviewing process. First was a phone screening by the hiring manager. This was followed up by a face to face interview with hiring manager and also his peers. After that interview roughly a week later I get a call to take a drug test and am offered employment contingent on passed drug screen and background check.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us ?   View Answer

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Senior .NET Developer
Chattanooga, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Terenine in July 2010.

Interview Details – Completed a phone interview and the immediate feedback was that they wanted to fly me out for an in-person from Portland, OR to Chattanooga TN. I was very disappointed in the in-person interview process. I was surprised at the poor treatment I recieved and it was a real waste of my time. Also, they do a fair amount to obscure the fact their core business is the pay-day-loan outlets.

Right when I got there I got a vibe that they'd already made up their mind they had decided on someone else before I even came in.

My HR contact described to me that I would be interviewed by a panel of people who would present me with hypothetical scenarios. The interview date was delayed so that someone, who was on vacation, could be there. None of those things happened. Instead I only talked to only one person and for only hour (the guy we delayed for who was on vacation never showed). My interviewer arrived 10 minutes late, leaving me sitting in a conference room. No brainstorming of scenarios was conducted, and only a few specific things on on my resume were touched upon. Interviewer was abrupt, cut off many of my answers, and seemed uninterested for the most part. It definitely seemed like he was just going through the motions. I found it odd and disappointing I flew all the way out there for a one-hour interview with one person who was not motivated to really interview me.

Less than 16 hours later I got a boiler plate email they had picked someone else. The HR lady I had worked with for weeks on this opportunity from the beginning was not who I heard from. It would have been common courtesy to hear back from her, not someone I've never heard of before, and to hear back via a phone call, not an email. I feel I was treated rather shabbily, if not just rudely, and expected treatment substantially better than what I got.

Lastly, a former Terenine Director of Product Development I found through LinkedIn discouraged me from working there. His feedback: It was his job to bring IT professionals "to Chattanooga but this is something I am no longer comfortable with having the knowledge and experience I now have with the company. There are simply to many internal issues at the top of the organization as well as the whole pay-day-loans thing. And now a great deal of turn over in the ranks."

And Chattanooga has high unemployment, is much more rural than I expected, and not the kind of place you could expect to find another job if you needed to.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Terenine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Terenine interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Terenine employees and interview candidates.