Terex Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.8

Global Trade Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Terex (Westport, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was probably the most efficient I've ever seen from a major corporation. It lasted 3 weeks from speaking with recruiter to interviewing in Westport, CT and accepting job. All the staff members involved were very very professional and classy! Awesome experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The HR has a phone screen with me. She promised to get back to him no matter I'm going to have an interview with the hiring manager or not. I did not hear back from them after even after several follow up emails. I took it as the way they did not consider your application.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Terex.

Interview

I applied through an online job posting and was contacted by a recruiter for an intial phone screen. After passing the phone screen, I did a phone interview with my manager - followed by a face to face interview with him. After that, another phone interview with an HR executive, phone interview with another sales rep and final phone interview with the VP of the division.

They are looking for sales people who can manage accounts, maintain relationships and obtain new accounts. Industrial sales experience is a plus but is not necessary.

They like STAR questions so be prepared for that. Center your answers around your ability to manage accounts and get new accounts and you'll be good.

Interview Questions

• How honest are you? What is the most important thing for a sales rep to do to be successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate on the base pay. They will give you more if you make a strong case but not a lot more.

Finance Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Terex.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview from their internal recruiter who was very friendly and professional. The next round of interviews were with the Controller and a series of meetings with other staff members. The last meeting was with the CFO. An offer was made shortly after the meeting with the CFO.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were primarily related to the position, my background, my knowledge of the Company, career goals, and management/communication style. I believe they were looking for a good cultural fit in the organization.   Answer Question

For the responsibilities, the pay was below market rate although the Company seemed flexible regarding telecommuting, working off-hours, and overall seemed like a nice environment.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Terex in July 2014.

Interview

One phone interview with the recruiter who asked standard questions for example tell me about yourself, why are you looking for the job, why you would like to work for this company, give brief example of prior work experience related to the stated position requirement, what are your strengths and weaknesses. Also asked about what was my salary at the last job and my expectations.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through the Terex website and over a month later a representative from the HR department called me and wanted to set up an in-person interview. The interview was set for 11am and everyone was right on time. For my interview it was a team of 3 employees and they were all very personable and not intimidating at all. All they asked me was to take them through my resume and then they based their questions off what I said.

At this time I have not been offered the position but only 3 days have passed since the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions came directly from what I said about my resume, so know yours front to back and be prepared to talk in depth about your projects, ect.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had two interviews. Both were relatively informal. I initially met with the hiring manager. During the second interview, I met with some of the additional staff. Everyone was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was... When you get the newspaper, what section do you read first?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

It took about 3 weeks for process. I applied through a on-line job posting and the recruiter called me the next day. Interview is easy, one to one on-site interview, asked about some none technical questions and some personality questions. I got the offer 2 weeks after the interview.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Terex.

Interview

Pretty easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fine

Emplyee Interview

Interview

Had 3 interviews laasting about an hou each

Had a better offer