Terex

2.9

Sales/Marketing Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Terex in January 2011.

I found a position through an on-line resource and applied, and was contacted by a recruiter (positive experience) and screened. Based on that I was set up with an interview with the company's general manager (positive experience) who wanted me to come back and interview with a group manager. I did, and that's where it turned ugly. During the interview, she made a comment about their sales force being comprised of "white guys in their late 50's counting down toward retirement." Full disclosure: I am also in the same age/demographic group, but extremely motivated and hardly slowing down.

She realized her slip immediately and froze up; I smiled, mentioned something about being able to work with all types, but it was evident that I was going to pay for her bias and the interview turned frosty-- game over. The clincher came the next day when the recruiter called me to tell me they'd selected another candidate and "it was a coin toss" as we were "that close." I thanked her, then checked the position the next week-- sure enough it had reopened; so much for the "coin toss" candidate who allegedly got the job.

The general manager who'd passed me along left the company a relatively short time later, and I am not surprised. I was familiar with the last company he worked with and am sure he's appreciated where he is now.

I have to say I am grateful for one thing: in doing volunteer work with other "mature workers" during this period, I used this experience as an example of what can happen during the job-seeking process so it turned out to be valuable.

Interview Questions
    • The age-bias outburst was blatent and unexpected, and frankly offensive. I doubt an interviewer would have made a similar comment regarding race, religion or sexual preference.   View Answer

Terex Response

Feb 21, 2014Admin

Hello,

My name is Natasha Valani and I work in the Human Resources department at Terex. First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for your interview experience with us. We
    ... More

Product Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Terex in April 2013.

Applied within company online, got a call at my home number for 1 interview from corporate then interviewed with a panel or hr and supervisors along with managers. Most people know me well so it may be different for those applying outside the company

Interview Questions
    • Who was my inspiration, what were my weaknesses, personal questions were the hardest. Most were questions i had already experienced in previous interviews   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate however with a cost of living raise coming up my raise was added into that

Inventory Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Terex in June 2008.

Hire only through temp agencies. Then, after 90 days you are eligible for "conversion" to a full time employee

There was no negotiation. You either accepted the job or didn't.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Terex in December 2012.

Two phone interviews and two onsite interviews. I interviewed via phone initially with an internal contract recruiter acting as a gatekeeper. Second phone interview was with the hiring manager who did not ask any technical questions.

I was invited in for an onsite interview where I expected to meet the hiring manager, did not happen. I met with two individuals from operations, one finance manager, and was given a plant tour. Overall, I was impressed.

I was then invited back for a second onsite interview and met with the hiring manager (Director), a finance manager, and a VP, overall, not impressed.

I felt that the opportunity would present a challenge and that I could add value with my experience and skill set so I played along and went through the process.

Final outcome after spending hours interviewing; the internal contact recruiter contacted me and informed me that I would not be extended and offer for employment.

No feedback or reasons given, which I felt was odd considering the level of the position that I interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just complaints about the lack of visibility into their manufacturing finance system.   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Terex.

Initial phone interview with a senior level manager then an in person interview about two weeks later which included going over the benefits, history of the company, tour of the factory, interview with two manufacturing engineers and lunch. Everything was done with the other two interviewees except for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what root cause analysis is?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Terex.

A friend sent my resume to some of the engineering managers. One of the managers sent my information to a regional recruiter who contacted me and did a brief phone screening. I was set up with an in person interview right away which was a typical interview with an engineering manager, and 3 lower level engineers. After the interview, I was given a tour by one of the engineers. I had given up hope after a couple months of not hearing anything until one day I got a call from an HR intern to set up a phone interview with the HR representative. This was another brief phone screening and then I was set up with another in person interview with an engineering manager and supervisor. Another tour with the supervisor who was the one I would be working for directly. This was a good time to chat and for him to see my personality. After the weekend I was made a job offer and the manager I had originally interviewed with had recommended me as a better fit on a different team, which turned out to be a better job anyways.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real technical questions. In both interviews they went over my resume and had me elaborate. I guess you may need to know about lean manufacturing. I feel as if every interview is a little different.   Answer Question
    Try to negotiate. I didn't, but I felt the offer was strong enough as a recent graduate.

Buyer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Terex in January 2013.

Multi step interview process, starting with a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, and a panel interview, and a follow up phone interview with folks from Corporate. There were many situational questions all aimed at determining how you would react in different scenarios. Seemed like a good company with good people.

Key Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Terex.

Prescreening with recruiter, in-person interview in Ohio, Phone interview, and another phone interview.

Interview Questions

75% travel just does not fit with my homelife right now.

As Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Terex in June 2008.

a

Global Sourcing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Terex in May 2008.

I met the reciters at the career fair at my school, which was where I applied for the internship position. About 2 to 3 weeks later, I got a phone call to set up a personal interview with 3 supply chain managers. The questions asked during the interview were behavior questions and some technical terms. I was offer a job about 3 weeks later.