Terex

Updated Dec 29, 2014
Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.9

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Terex.

I applied through an online job posting and was contacted by a recruiter for an intial phone screen. After passing the phone screen, I did a phone interview with my manager - followed by a face to face interview with him. After that, another phone interview with an HR executive, phone interview with another sales rep and final phone interview with the VP of the division.

They are looking for sales people who can manage accounts, maintain relationships and obtain new accounts. Industrial sales experience is a plus but is not necessary.

They like STAR questions so be prepared for that. Center your answers around your ability to manage accounts and get new accounts and you'll be good.

Interview Questions
    • How honest are you? What is the most important thing for a sales rep to do to be successful?   View Answer
    Not much room to negotiate on the base pay. They will give you more if you make a strong case but not a lot more.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grantham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grantham, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Terex in June 2014.

I sent my CV via email and within a few days I had a phone call from HR to ask if i was available to attend an interview. My interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was made to feel at ease from the very start, my now boss who took the interview was very friendly and full of enthusiasm.

Interview Questions
    • As i had previously worked for Genie I had a good knowledge of the company and I didn't feel I had any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    We negotiated a salary and it went through very smoothly and direct.

Finance Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Terex.

The process began with a phone interview from their internal recruiter who was very friendly and professional. The next round of interviews were with the Controller and a series of meetings with other staff members. The last meeting was with the CFO. An offer was made shortly after the meeting with the CFO.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were primarily related to the position, my background, my knowledge of the Company, career goals, and management/communication style. I believe they were looking for a good cultural fit in the organization.   Answer Question

For the responsibilities, the pay was below market rate although the Company seemed flexible regarding telecommuting, working off-hours, and overall seemed like a nice environment.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Terex in July 2014.

One phone interview with the recruiter who asked standard questions for example tell me about yourself, why are you looking for the job, why you would like to work for this company, give brief example of prior work experience related to the stated position requirement, what are your strengths and weaknesses. Also asked about what was my salary at the last job and my expectations.

Lean Workshop Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Terex in January 2010.

Went well got the job, they sent me to a clinic for a physical, the clinic was closed. Didn't believe me and tried calling the clinic. No answer, surprise! Went back the next week to complete the process. 60 mile drive!

BI Cognos Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Terex in June 2014.

I was told that I got selected and they took all my documents and after a month simply informed that position is on hold, Pathetic company , that I got back to them asking why the offer is not released even after documents are taken, They simply told its on hold

HSE Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Terex in September 2013.

Initial interviews conducted by a recruiting firm. Slow to respond initially and I believe that the initial phone interview phase was the longest wait. After the initial "weeding" out process things went fairly quickly. I was asked to come to the local site and have an interview. It was a panel interview with the hiring manager and some HR folks. I was asked about my experience, asked about specific examples, and asked a few "routine" questions about EHS people in the field should know.

Not bad, tried to lowball somewhat on salary. In the end I got what I was asking.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Terex in May 2014.

I applied through the Terex website and over a month later a representative from the HR department called me and wanted to set up an in-person interview. The interview was set for 11am and everyone was right on time. For my interview it was a team of 3 employees and they were all very personable and not intimidating at all. All they asked me was to take them through my resume and then they based their questions off what I said.

At this time I have not been offered the position but only 3 days have passed since the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions came directly from what I said about my resume, so know yours front to back and be prepared to talk in depth about your projects, ect.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had two interviews. Both were relatively informal. I initially met with the hiring manager. During the second interview, I met with some of the additional staff. Everyone was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was... When you get the newspaper, what section do you read first?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

It took about 3 weeks for process. I applied through a on-line job posting and the recruiter called me the next day. Interview is easy, one to one on-site interview, asked about some none technical questions and some personality questions. I got the offer 2 weeks after the interview.