Terex

Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.9

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Terex in October 2013.

Applied through the college career website. Received contact in about a week. Had a phone interview where I was asked about my projects and the things I put on my resume. Then had another interview at their company. They told me I was the leading candidate, but in the end I did not get the position due to schedule conflicts.

Interview Questions
    • Here's a schematic of one of our products that's not working. What's wrong with it? Feel free to use me (the interviewer) as a multimeter.   Answer Question

Key Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Terex.

Prescreening with recruiter, in-person interview in Ohio, Phone interview, and another phone interview.

Interview Questions

75% travel just does not fit with my homelife right now.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Terex in September 2013.

After the usual telephone interview with the hiring manager (who would be my boss), was invited to a on-site interview. The process was very organized divided in 3 segments. First an additional interview with the hiring manager who also explained the complete process and what to expect. The second interview was with the engineering director with very interesting questions about my people management experience and engineering milestones. Finally an interview with what would be my peers which was the most engineering oriented one.

Interview Questions
    • What would you want to remember about this interview?   View Answer

another offer

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Terex in August 2013.

Screened by national recruiter - followed up by panel interview at plant site

Interview Questions
    • Bonus Points (this is what was said) - what are the wastes of lean   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Terex.

A friend sent my resume to some of the engineering managers. One of the managers sent my information to a regional recruiter who contacted me and did a brief phone screening. I was set up with an in person interview right away which was a typical interview with an engineering manager, and 3 lower level engineers. After the interview, I was given a tour by one of the engineers. I had given up hope after a couple months of not hearing anything until one day I got a call from an HR intern to set up a phone interview with the HR representative. This was another brief phone screening and then I was set up with another in person interview with an engineering manager and supervisor. Another tour with the supervisor who was the one I would be working for directly. This was a good time to chat and for him to see my personality. After the weekend I was made a job offer and the manager I had originally interviewed with had recommended me as a better fit on a different team, which turned out to be a better job anyways.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real technical questions. In both interviews they went over my resume and had me elaborate. I guess you may need to know about lean manufacturing. I feel as if every interview is a little different.   Answer Question
    Try to negotiate. I didn't, but I felt the offer was strong enough as a recent graduate.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Terex.

Initial phone interview with a senior level manager then an in person interview about two weeks later which included going over the benefits, history of the company, tour of the factory, interview with two manufacturing engineers and lunch. Everything was done with the other two interviewees except for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what root cause analysis is?   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Terex.

After applying for the position through an online job board, I received an email requesting that I fill out an online application. The next step was a phone screening that took about an hour. This interview was in depth and the screener was pleasant and not rushed. Next, my information was passed to a Senior Recruiter that became my point of contact. The Senior Recruiter was very responsive to my follow-ups as a panel interview with the hiring manager via phone was scheduled. Had I been a "finalist", the next step would have been an onsite interview and then.....? The process is as expected and played out over about 4 weeks (working around schedules on the panel interview).

Interview Questions
    • The questions through the whole process were as expected with a mix of behavioral and technical/job specific questions.   Answer Question

Product Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Terex in April 2013.

Applied within company online, got a call at my home number for 1 interview from corporate then interviewed with a panel or hr and supervisors along with managers. Most people know me well so it may be different for those applying outside the company

Interview Questions
    • Who was my inspiration, what were my weaknesses, personal questions were the hardest. Most were questions i had already experienced in previous interviews   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate however with a cost of living raise coming up my raise was added into that

Team Lead I Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Terex.

The Human Resource gal called me six months after I had applied for the job. I was not going to go because of this but I decided to go anyways. She e-mailed me the wrong directions so I had to stop at a different building to get proper directions. I don't know who runs that place but they need some help, that's for sure.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been told to do something by your manager that your know was wrong?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Terex in January 2013.

Multi step interview process, starting with a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, and a panel interview, and a follow up phone interview with folks from Corporate. There were many situational questions all aimed at determining how you would react in different scenarios. Seemed like a good company with good people.