Terex

31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Terex in August 2013.

Interview Details – Screened by national recruiter - followed up by panel interview at plant site

Interview Question – Bonus Points (this is what was said) - what are the wastes of lean   View Answer

Key Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details – Prescreening with recruiter, in-person interview in Ohio, Phone interview, and another phone interview.

Interview Question – What was your most creative moment in your career?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 75% travel just does not fit with my homelife right now.

Buyer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Terex in January 2013.

Interview Details – Multi step interview process, starting with a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, and a panel interview, and a follow up phone interview with folks from Corporate. There were many situational questions all aimed at determining how you would react in different scenarios. Seemed like a good company with good people.

Interview Question – What is the current stock price?   Answer Question

Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details – A friend sent my resume to some of the engineering managers. One of the managers sent my information to a regional recruiter who contacted me and did a brief phone screening. I was set up with an in person interview right away which was a typical interview with an engineering manager, and 3 lower level engineers. After the interview, I was given a tour by one of the engineers. I had given up hope after a couple months of not hearing anything until one day I got a call from an HR intern to set up a phone interview with the HR representative. This was another brief phone screening and then I was set up with another in person interview with an engineering manager and supervisor. Another tour with the supervisor who was the one I would be working for directly. This was a good time to chat and for him to see my personality. After the weekend I was made a job offer and the manager I had originally interviewed with had recommended me as a better fit on a different team, which turned out to be a better job anyways.

Interview Question – There were no real technical questions. In both interviews they went over my resume and had me elaborate. I guess you may need to know about lean manufacturing. I feel as if every interview is a little different.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Try to negotiate. I didn't, but I felt the offer was strong enough as a recent graduate.

Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with a senior level manager then an in person interview about two weeks later which included going over the benefits, history of the company, tour of the factory, interview with two manufacturing engineers and lunch. Everything was done with the other two interviewees except for the interview.

Interview Question – Do you know what root cause analysis is?   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details – After applying for the position through an online job board, I received an email requesting that I fill out an online application. The next step was a phone screening that took about an hour. This interview was in depth and the screener was pleasant and not rushed. Next, my information was passed to a Senior Recruiter that became my point of contact. The Senior Recruiter was very responsive to my follow-ups as a panel interview with the hiring manager via phone was scheduled. Had I been a "finalist", the next step would have been an onsite interview and then.....? The process is as expected and played out over about 4 weeks (working around schedules on the panel interview).

Interview Question – The questions through the whole process were as expected with a mix of behavioral and technical/job specific questions.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Terex in December 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and two onsite interviews. I interviewed via phone initially with an internal contract recruiter acting as a gatekeeper. Second phone interview was with the hiring manager who did not ask any technical questions.

I was invited in for an onsite interview where I expected to meet the hiring manager, did not happen. I met with two individuals from operations, one finance manager, and was given a plant tour. Overall, I was impressed.

I was then invited back for a second onsite interview and met with the hiring manager (Director), a finance manager, and a VP, overall, not impressed.

I felt that the opportunity would present a challenge and that I could add value with my experience and skill set so I played along and went through the process.

Final outcome after spending hours interviewing; the internal contact recruiter contacted me and informed me that I would not be extended and offer for employment.

No feedback or reasons given, which I felt was odd considering the level of the position that I interviewed for.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just complaints about the lack of visibility into their manufacturing finance system.   View Answer

Team Lead I Interview

Team Lead I

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details – The Human Resource gal called me six months after I had applied for the job. I was not going to go because of this but I decided to go anyways. She e-mailed me the wrong directions so I had to stop at a different building to get proper directions. I don't know who runs that place but they need some help, that's for sure.

Interview Question – Have you ever been told to do something by your manager that your know was wrong?   Answer Question

Inventory Resources Specialist Interview

Waco, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Terex in June 2008.

Interview Details – Hire only through temp agencies. Then, after 90 days you are eligible for "conversion" to a full time employee

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You either accepted the job or didn't.

Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Terex in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initially contacted through email by a regional Recruiter for Terex. Initial email was to set up a prescreening over the phone which was about 30-45 minutes long.

After initial prescreen, if you get called back for a second phone interview , it usually is about 45-60 minutes long with a hiring manager and a second person who usually is working that position, in this case a current Manufacturing Engineer I.

Typical Questions regarding Manufacturing Engineer I for both interviews
1. Describe your work history that is relative to this position?
2. What is your knowledge and experience with shop machinery and hand tools?
3. What is your experience or knowledge with pnuematics and hydraulics?
4. Explain what is lean manufacturing, tools and techniques used.

With most answers you give, relate your response to Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, RCA, DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, 3P and 7 waste and how you may applied them to your previous work experience and if it was successful or not.

Interview Question – . Describe your work history that is relative to this position?
2. What is your knowledge and experience with shop machinery and hand tools?
3. What is your experience or knowledge with pnuematics and hydraulics?
4. Explain what is lean manufacturing, tools and techniques used.
  View Answer