Terex

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Terex.

A friend sent my resume to some of the engineering managers. One of the managers sent my information to a regional recruiter who contacted me and did a brief phone screening. I was set up with an in person interview right away which was a typical interview with an engineering manager, and 3 lower level engineers. After the interview, I was given a tour by one of the engineers. I had given up hope after a couple months of not hearing anything until one day I got a call from an HR intern to set up a phone interview with the HR representative. This was another brief phone screening and then I was set up with another in person interview with an engineering manager and supervisor. Another tour with the supervisor who was the one I would be working for directly. This was a good time to chat and for him to see my personality. After the weekend I was made a job offer and the manager I had originally interviewed with had recommended me as a better fit on a different team, which turned out to be a better job anyways.

Interview Questions
  • There were no real technical questions. In both interviews they went over my resume and had me elaborate. I guess you may need to know about lean manufacturing. I feel as if every interview is a little different.   Answer Question
Try to negotiate. I didn't, but I felt the offer was strong enough as a recent graduate.

Other Interview Reviews for Terex

Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Terex.

Initial phone interview with a senior level manager then an in person interview about two weeks later which included going over the benefits, history of the company, tour of the factory, interview with two manufacturing engineers and lunch. Everything was done with the other two interviewees except for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what root cause analysis is?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Terex in October 2012.

Initially contacted through email by a regional Recruiter for Terex. Initial email was to set up a prescreening over the phone which was about 30-45 minutes long.

After initial prescreen, if you get called back for a second phone interview , it usually is about 45-60 minutes long with a hiring manager and a second person who usually is working that position, in this case a current Manufacturing Engineer I.

Typical Questions regarding Manufacturing Engineer I for both interviews
    1. Describe your work history that is relative to this position?
    2. What is your knowledge and experience with shop machinery and hand tools?
    3. What is your experience or knowledge with pnuematics and hydraulics?
    4. Explain what is lean manufacturing, tools and techniques used.

With most answers you give, relate your response to Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, RCA, DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, 3P and 7 waste and how you may applied them to your previous work experience and if it was successful or not.

Interview Questions
    • . Describe your work history that is relative to this position?
      2. What is your knowledge and experience with shop machinery and hand tools?
      3. What is your experience or knowledge with pnuematics and hydraulics?
      4. Explain what is lean manufacturing, tools and techniques used.
        View Answer

Worked for Terex? Contribute to the Community!