Terex

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Redmond, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Terex in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through the Terex website and over a month later a representative from the HR department called me and wanted to set up an in-person interview. The interview was set for 11am and everyone was right on time. For my interview it was a team of 3 employees and they were all very personable and not intimidating at all. All they asked me was to take them through my resume and then they based their questions off what I said.

At this time I have not been offered the position but only 3 days have passed since the interview.

Interview Question – Most questions came directly from what I said about my resume, so know yours front to back and be prepared to talk in depth about your projects, ect.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details – Phone interview, went very well but no in person interview

Interview Question – What do you know about lean manufacturing?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Terex in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the college career website. Received contact in about a week. Had a phone interview where I was asked about my projects and the things I put on my resume. Then had another interview at their company. They told me I was the leading candidate, but in the end I did not get the position due to schedule conflicts.

Interview Question – Here's a schematic of one of our products that's not working. What's wrong with it? Feel free to use me (the interviewer) as a multimeter.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Terex in September 2013.

Interview Details – After the usual telephone interview with the hiring manager (who would be my boss), was invited to a on-site interview. The process was very organized divided in 3 segments. First an additional interview with the hiring manager who also explained the complete process and what to expect. The second interview was with the engineering director with very interesting questions about my people management experience and engineering milestones. Finally an interview with what would be my peers which was the most engineering oriented one.

Interview Question – What would you want to remember about this interview?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – another offer

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Manufacturing Manager
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Terex in August 2013.

Interview Details – Screened by national recruiter - followed up by panel interview at plant site

Interview Question – Bonus Points (this is what was said) - what are the wastes of lean   View Answer

Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details – A friend sent my resume to some of the engineering managers. One of the managers sent my information to a regional recruiter who contacted me and did a brief phone screening. I was set up with an in person interview right away which was a typical interview with an engineering manager, and 3 lower level engineers. After the interview, I was given a tour by one of the engineers. I had given up hope after a couple months of not hearing anything until one day I got a call from an HR intern to set up a phone interview with the HR representative. This was another brief phone screening and then I was set up with another in person interview with an engineering manager and supervisor. Another tour with the supervisor who was the one I would be working for directly. This was a good time to chat and for him to see my personality. After the weekend I was made a job offer and the manager I had originally interviewed with had recommended me as a better fit on a different team, which turned out to be a better job anyways.

Interview Question – There were no real technical questions. In both interviews they went over my resume and had me elaborate. I guess you may need to know about lean manufacturing. I feel as if every interview is a little different.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Try to negotiate. I didn't, but I felt the offer was strong enough as a recent graduate.

Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with a senior level manager then an in person interview about two weeks later which included going over the benefits, history of the company, tour of the factory, interview with two manufacturing engineers and lunch. Everything was done with the other two interviewees except for the interview.

Interview Question – Do you know what root cause analysis is?   View Answer

Finance Interview

Finance
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Terex in December 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and two onsite interviews. I interviewed via phone initially with an internal contract recruiter acting as a gatekeeper. Second phone interview was with the hiring manager who did not ask any technical questions.

I was invited in for an onsite interview where I expected to meet the hiring manager, did not happen. I met with two individuals from operations, one finance manager, and was given a plant tour. Overall, I was impressed.

I was then invited back for a second onsite interview and met with the hiring manager (Director), a finance manager, and a VP, overall, not impressed.

I felt that the opportunity would present a challenge and that I could add value with my experience and skill set so I played along and went through the process.

Final outcome after spending hours interviewing; the internal contact recruiter contacted me and informed me that I would not be extended and offer for employment.

No feedback or reasons given, which I felt was odd considering the level of the position that I interviewed for.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just complaints about the lack of visibility into their manufacturing finance system.   View Answer

Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Terex in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initially contacted through email by a regional Recruiter for Terex. Initial email was to set up a prescreening over the phone which was about 30-45 minutes long.

After initial prescreen, if you get called back for a second phone interview , it usually is about 45-60 minutes long with a hiring manager and a second person who usually is working that position, in this case a current Manufacturing Engineer I.

Typical Questions regarding Manufacturing Engineer I for both interviews
1. Describe your work history that is relative to this position?
2. What is your knowledge and experience with shop machinery and hand tools?
3. What is your experience or knowledge with pnuematics and hydraulics?
4. Explain what is lean manufacturing, tools and techniques used.

With most answers you give, relate your response to Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, RCA, DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, 3P and 7 waste and how you may applied them to your previous work experience and if it was successful or not.

Interview Question – . Describe your work history that is relative to this position?
2. What is your knowledge and experience with shop machinery and hand tools?
3. What is your experience or knowledge with pnuematics and hydraulics?
4. Explain what is lean manufacturing, tools and techniques used.
  View Answer

Design Engineer II Interview

Design Engineer II
Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details – Hired through a contracted technical recruiter. Position was FTE. Good communication. Short pre-screen phone call followed by interview with hiring manager and direct project lead/supervisors. In terested in skills and experience with welded structures. Amiable, but expect candidates to communicate well and express their opinions.

Interview Question – Asked to optimize a beam cross-section. Criticism of particular path we chose to pursue in a project at a prior job.   View Answer

Worked for Terex? Contribute to the Community!