Terminix Interview Questions

2.3

Commercial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Terminix in March 2015.

This interview was for a Terminix franchise. I was contacted for an interview within two days of submitting my resume. Th interview was in a very relaxed atmosphere,and he allowed me to ask more questions about the position than were asked of me. It was more of a get-to-know you session - ensuring that I was a personality fit for the position and that I understood and did want the position -than it was the "typical" interview. He was very open with answers to my questions. When I asked about the customer portfolio, he produced a hard copy and reviewed it with me, answering any questions I had. Pay, pay dates, pay structure, benefits,etc. were discussed in detail during the interview. He didn't try to sell me on the position, but just told me the facts. He even volunteered the negatives (commission-based pay structure, on call one weekend a month, uniform costs, etc.) The interview lasted nearly two hours, after which he encouraged me to call some employees and ask about the job/company and then discuss it with my wife before accepting the position. When I called back to confirm that I wanted to move forward, the forms to complete for my background check were emailed to me within the hour and a voucher for my drug test was emailed the following morning. From this point, it took one week for background checks to come back and to receive an official offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work without supervision / effectively manage your own time / treat a customer portfolio like it is your own business?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself - not your work experience or education - but about who you are as a person?   Answer Question

Termite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northport, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Northport, AL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Terminix in February 2015.

Very nice, very brief. Was asked to come in for interview, then told they weren't actually hireing as soon as I got there. Was told to keep checking back monthly for an opening.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Terminix in February 2015.

A brief phone call to set up an in-person interview. The actual interview was one of the more unprofessional experiences I've had in a 15 year sales career. Before I even sat down the interviewer was firing off questions. There was zero effort made to get to know who I was or engage in any kind of conversation. I knew about a minute into this interview that the company culture was not for me. It's evident that they are looking for stereotypically aggressive sales managers to baby sit a team of 100% commission sales people with high and constant turnover. They don't seem interested in a sales manager that has experience developing people to their maximum potential. They want someone to micromanage the recruits into short term success before they quit. Very typical of brand name, high priced, hard close companies.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions that you'd be asking someone that had never done sales before.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Terminix.

Applied online. Passed assessment test. Did a group interview on Tuesday. I'm waiting to see if I'm hired. It's been a day, which I've read is normal. I really hope I get it since I'm new in town.

Outside Sales Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Terminix.

I applied, got an email the next day from a recruiter, had a phone interview the next day, met with the Branch manager the day after, rode with a employee 2 days later, took a drug screen and background check, got hired about 2 weeks later!

Interview Questions
    Negotiate starting draw price.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento Landing, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento Landing, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Terminix in December 2014.

It took two weeks after my first initial phone screen to get a face to face interview. Typical interview questions about prior work history and details about expectations. Lasted approx 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a upset customer before.   View Answer

Planner Interview

All hiring done through on-line program. If you get past the software you may get interview. Interview is professional and formulaic. All of the expected questions, Background check and drug screening.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Terminix.

The initial phone call from a staffer they tell you that you are required to contractually agree to move or be placed anywhere within the first year. Probably not a deal breaker for most but if your established in your area and have a family, not even an option. This needs to be stated in the job description.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Terminix.

Sales focused and production driven! RM is focused on growth and not so much service to our customers. Customers are better off new custoemr than old. I was promised an 18 month review to be geared towards a BM position, no feed back was given nor discussed.

Interview Questions
    • How long will you take until you are state certified   View Answer
    TMX was not forth coming, relocation pay is apart of SM vetting however they did not offer it when they knew i was moving from out of state.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Terminix.

Honestly answer questions, have business hat on. Dress appropriately, no gym shoes or jeans. Have a resume handy.do not chew gum. Wear business suit and tie. Look interviewer in the eye