Terminix Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.4

Re Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Terminix.

Interview

Met with branch and service manager. Couple questions about work habits fears and sales experience. they explained the general job duties and I was able to ask many questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you scared of bugs and tight spaces   1 Answer

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Terminix (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief Phone call with national hiring manager. He sent me an email asking what days/times would be best to contact him for a brief 10 minute discussion after having applied for the position off another website. As I was between flights at the time and my email was acting up, I called him back directly instead. We had a brief talk about why I was leaving my present position (see below), who Terminix was, what would be expected of me as a b2b salesperson and what my potential earnings would be. He then asked if I would be interested in pursuing this opportunity further. I took a deep breath (my only hesitation was that the earnings were a little lower than I had hoped) and said "yes". He said great, and that someone from the local office would be getting in touch with me the following week. It's been two weeks since then and I haven't heard a peep.

Interview Questions

• Why are you thinking about leaving your present job?   1 Answer

Pest Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olyphant, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Terminix (Olyphant, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview, I was told I qualified for several positions at the branch and was being considered for two different jobs. A few questions about my employment history then was asked my salary requirements. I gave an answer based on what I learned here on Glassdoor. My interview was then closed and I was told to call them in a week.

Interview Questions

• What was the conditions your last job ended.   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Terminix (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

WOW! Must be one of the longest hiring processes I've ever had to deal with! Going on now for 28 days! No wonder they go through so many Service Managers. Too much red tape. Thinking about pulling my application at this point.

Interview Questions

• The "assessment test" is nothing more than profiling. Some nerdy psycologist must have talked his way into corporate to get them to do these tests. Again, no wonder they go through so many "candidates".   Answer Question

Commercial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Terminix (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

This interview was for a Terminix franchise. I was contacted for an interview within two days of submitting my resume. Th interview was in a very relaxed atmosphere,and he allowed me to ask more questions about the position than were asked of me. It was more of a get-to-know you session - ensuring that I was a personality fit for the position and that I understood and did want the position -than it was the "typical" interview. He was very open with answers to my questions. When I asked about the customer portfolio, he produced a hard copy and reviewed it with me, answering any questions I had. Pay, pay dates, pay structure, benefits,etc. were discussed in detail during the interview. He didn't try to sell me on the position, but just told me the facts. He even volunteered the negatives (commission-based pay structure, on call one weekend a month, uniform costs, etc.) The interview lasted nearly two hours, after which he encouraged me to call some employees and ask about the job/company and then discuss it with my wife before accepting the position. When I called back to confirm that I wanted to move forward, the forms to complete for my background check were emailed to me within the hour and a voucher for my drug test was emailed the following morning. From this point, it took one week for background checks to come back and to receive an official offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work without supervision / effectively manage your own time / treat a customer portfolio like it is your own business?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself - not your work experience or education - but about who you are as a person?   Answer Question

Termite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northport, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Terminix (Northport, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very nice, very brief. Was asked to come in for interview, then told they weren't actually hireing as soon as I got there. Was told to keep checking back monthly for an opening.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Terminix in February 2015.

Interview

A brief phone call to set up an in-person interview. The actual interview was one of the more unprofessional experiences I've had in a 15 year sales career. Before I even sat down the interviewer was firing off questions. There was zero effort made to get to know who I was or engage in any kind of conversation. I knew about a minute into this interview that the company culture was not for me. It's evident that they are looking for stereotypically aggressive sales managers to baby sit a team of 100% commission sales people with high and constant turnover. They don't seem interested in a sales manager that has experience developing people to their maximum potential. They want someone to micromanage the recruits into short term success before they quit. Very typical of brand name, high priced, hard close companies.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions that you'd be asking someone that had never done sales before.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Terminix.

Interview

Applied online. Passed assessment test. Did a group interview on Tuesday. I'm waiting to see if I'm hired. It's been a day, which I've read is normal. I really hope I get it since I'm new in town.

Outside Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Terminix.

Interview

I applied, got an email the next day from a recruiter, had a phone interview the next day, met with the Branch manager the day after, rode with a employee 2 days later, took a drug screen and background check, got hired about 2 weeks later!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate starting draw price.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento Landing, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Terminix (Sacramento Landing, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

It took two weeks after my first initial phone screen to get a face to face interview. Typical interview questions about prior work history and details about expectations. Lasted approx 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a upset customer before.   1 Answer