TerraCycle Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.0

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at TerraCycle in March 2015.

I was contacted for a phone interview first, which lasted about 45 minutes. The questions were not too difficult but required creativity to answer. I was called back a few weeks later for an on-site interview, where I was given a tour of the facility and asked more questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think has been the most useful class you have taken so far?   Answer Question

Public Relations Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TerraCycle.

Sent a resume and cover letter to the email provided on job listing. Had a phone interview 2 weeks later, got an offer a week after that. Took place form March to April.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't come off as an interview, seemed like a conversation talking about points on my resume.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TerraCycle in September 2013.

Applied online with my resume and received an email requesting a phone interview about one week later. Phone interview went great! Asked about my professional experience thus far, what I wanted to do in marketing, and my level of familiarity with various social media platforms. BE 100% HONEST! I admitted I knew very little about Twitter and didn't use it, but what I knew about other platforms made up for it. I was offered the internship by the end of the phone call. :) Accepted gladly.

Interview Questions
    • What social media platforms are you familiar with? Have you used any of these on the business side before, or just as a casual user?   Answer Question

PR Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TerraCycle in April 2013.

I emailed them asking for an interview and were very quick to respond. The whole process took about two weeks. Very easy interview, they're not looking for much in terms of qualifications and they give you great hands on experience. Just standard questions...tell me about yourself, why PR, etc. Most challenging question was to tell them about the construction of a press release, and they didn't care that much that I didn't know too much about it yet. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the proper construction of a press release.   Answer Question

PR & Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TerraCycle in April 2013.

Submitted my resume through my school's career website. I heard back in a few days and met in person for an interview. I was asked general questions about my work experiences and why I wanted to work with TerraCycle.

Interview Questions
    It's unpaid so there really is no negotiation phase.

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TerraCycle in March 2013.

Found job posting online...submitted resume. Within a week, I received a phone screening and was told they were interested in an in-person interview. Week or two later, I met with two people regarding the position...no real questions but typical: goals, how'd you find us, etc. First person loved me enough to break another from a meeting, got a tour of the building and felt like an offer was going to be made. I went home, wrote thank you/follow-up emails, and nothing...called a week or so later, was told to come in again. When I had my next interview, it was like they forgot who I was and wanted to know why I was there. Very confusing...and no offer was made because I had potential and they didn't think I would stay there long.

Multiple Positions - Finance and Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I had a generic email sent out saying to give my availability for certain days and that interviews were being scheduled for specific times. My day came and I was second of ten interviews for time frame. Very basic-give me details of employment, went over resume...there was a list of questions and a guideline for the interview but we just had a 30 minute conversation. I was told I was one of top candidates and was back for a second interview and met with a general manager-type person. He spent 15 minutes with me asking my experience that was on my resume but irrelevant to the position. Roughly another week had passed and I received an email stating that I was not chosen.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem with a lack of a corporate structure?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I sent in my resume based on the directions posted on their website. Shortly after I received an email to set up a phone interview at a time appropriate for me. The interview was fairly generic with the question set and there was nothing out of the ordinary. The interviewer then emailed me to let me know I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a specific question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question