Terracon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.3

Environmental Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Terracon.

I had responded to an advertisement for a department manager. I went so far as to see if. The person I knew was serving in that position was still there. I saw where a person with the same name was employed with another company, so I thought it was legit. After. Completing the online application, it only took a day or two to get an interview with the office manager. Imagine my surprise when the department manager was in the room. It was only surpassed by his when i told him that I had applied for his position. At that time, the office manager chirped up that he posted the position to get higher quality candidates.

Yeah, I took the jobless a project manager.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Terracon.

I was given a face to face interview with the hiring manager who was a "Scientist." He was very vague about the company, hiring process, and wouldn't discuss any compensation or benefits. He was quick to promote how "smart" he was and how he's made lots of $$$ for Terror-con. I lost interest quickly in the interview and knew this wasn't a place I would want to work. I was introduced to the office managers which were cold and not very sincere. The employees all seemed very tired and you could easily tell that morale was low. No thanks!

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. They were all the same as anywhere else like the usual "where do you see yourself in 5 years." In my case I was thinking in my head "not here." They didn't seemed organized nor prepared for the interview unlike other interviews that I've been to.   View Answer

The pay was awful and I knew the office I would be working from was a terrible place to work.

Entry Level Industrial Hygienist/Technician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Terracon.

Found out about it on a job seeker site, emailed resume and received a call within days. Interview went well, looked at resume and asked questions relating to education and experience. Gave details about the company and perks of company, also gave details about the job... it went very well. 2 people interviewed and asked the questions...

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself within the company in 2 years?   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Had mutual acquaintance, phone interview, in person interview

Field Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Terracon.

Originally interviewed for another position, based on experience, through recruiter. Was called back for my current position. The project manager was late for the interview, he forgot about it (has happened to other people).
    One thing that struck me was that during the interview he advised that he doesn't expect employees in our division to stay more than three years. He advises most people of this and I have talked with other employees in other offices who hear the same thing from other managers. We are an employee owned company. Why do they have such a low expaectation for their personnel and what are they doing to change it?
    This was an easy interview to ace.

Interview Questions
    • There were none.Comapny was not used to hiring personnel with actual trades experience.   Answer Question
    Recruiter negotiated for me, had relationship with company.

Staff Scientist Interview

The interview went quick. There were two managers there. Only one in person.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me why I was interested in leaving my current company   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but wish I did, think I probably could have gotten more money.

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Terracon.

Move slowly threw the interview process and three or more people will want to speak with you.

Interview Questions
    • Normal everyday questions that they use to see how you handle different issues or problems.   Answer Question
    Did not spend much time on negotiations.

Staff Geotechnical Engineer Interview

I sent many applications online, and the next day, Terracon regional owner in Oklahoma sent me an email, what is your prefered time. I thought I was going to there from Texas, but they wanted me to have an interview on phone first.

Engineering Technician Interview

It was a little strange. The man interviewing me paced nervously back and forth in his office and then he started humming. He looked at my resume for 10 minutes silently, asked me where I went to school and then left the room for another 10 minutes. Then he shook my hand and escorted me to my van.

Senior Field Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Terracon.

I initially interviewed with the Office Manager, who then sent me to the Department Manager. We talked shop for about 45 minutes, toured the office, met the other personnel, and then received job offer next day via UPS. It was very positive. When I transferred to an office closer to home, I was told "don't steal gas, and don't let your chargeability drop below 85%."

Interview Questions
    • "Would you have difficulty leaving your family to work for another office?"   View Answer
    • I asked them "Would you have any difficulty with me going back to college on a part-time basis?"   View Answer
    I asked for an hourly wage, intentionally high, they countered at a dollar lower, and I accepted.

Worked for Terracon? Contribute to the Community!