Terranea

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

Server Interview

I attended a hiring fair where I was looked over physically by the first panel, then asked what I would like to do. Then sent over to the restaurants area where they would be doing the interviews. I was never asked which restaurant I would like to interview for, and when hired, I was told that it would be easy to apply to work in a different restaurant since I was already familiar with the resort. None of that ever happened.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very basic, just wanted to fill in empty positions where needed   Answer Question

PBX Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Terranea.

everything went pretty well..they called me in and asked the normal interview questions. then they called me back a week later and told me i was hired. then the training process lasted two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • there really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Junior Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Terranea in September 2011.

The Human Resource are great people and they gave a great information. Very great attitude with people.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult was trying to be a fair salary and they have ignored my expectation.   Answer Question
    Pay fair is what they should be dealing with it.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Terranea in January 2010.

Conducted a short phone interview and email questionnaire. First interview was with the Director of Human Resources. Second interview was with the Human Resources Generalist and Director of Human Resources.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Terranea in January 2010.

Must apply online first. Once you meet with HR hiring manager, you are scheduled an interview with outlet manager. Once hired, must go through an orientation that lasts a whole day. Must pass drug test.

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable base with tips.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Terranea in February 2011.

Interviewed with all leadership personnel in F&B and HR. Waiting to hear back from them which took weeks and then got a call back to accept an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place.