Terrapinn

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Terrapinn in August 2011.

Interview Details – Went through a few emails back and forth, landed a few interviews to no success. Company seemed very interesting though.

Interview Question – Where in your life have you ever challenged yourself?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Terrapinn.

Interview Details – Contacted about a week after submitted my application. First round phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. Mostly resume walkthrough, then received an invitation to come in for an in-person interview in the office at the end of the call. In-person interview was pleasant and lasted about 45-60 minutes. Met with only one person.

Interview Question – No real surprises. Give an example of a time you failed and why.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer. Worried about retention.

Conference Manager Interview

Conference Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Terrapinn in January 2009.

Interview Details – 'Mock case study. Such a joke. Like the "management" interviewing me

Interview Question – Do you have a passion for the conference industry   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Base salary. Don't expect to live in Manhattan.

Business Development Interview

Business Development
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Terrapinn in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process started with an initial phone screen. They invited me in for group interview. The group interview consisted of a brief overview of the company followed by informational packets. We were assigned to a take-home assignment. I was invited for second interview and this time math with a manager who is very young and intimidated by me due to her lack of experience.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable making phone cold calls.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline the offer because it was not aligned with my career aspirations and the job wasn't going to be challenging enough for me.

Intern Interview

Intern
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Terrapinn in April 2010.

Interview Details – Long detailed interview process. Lack of involvement from senior management. Good flow of questions and engaging interview. Questions were mainly targeted at individuals' background and character. Company is not particular with experience and knowledge of individual at entry-level position. Received consistent updates albeit a longer than expected duration.

Interview Question – Strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – To be firm and committed to your expectations

Conference Producer Interview

Conference Producer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Terrapinn in March 2014.

Interview Details – pop test followed by a company introduction.
Then asked to create a conference with news from the Financial Times.
Individual Interview

Interview Question – Do you play basketball?   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Terrapinn in October 2012.

Interview Details – First communication through recruiter. Then phone interview, then face to face interview and then a final face to face with a roleplay.

There were a lot of grandiose claims made in this interview, about the size of events, the size of the company, the success rate of staff and staff loyalty.

All of the above turned out to be false.

Interview Question – I was told in my first face to face interview "I think you would be a great asset to a company, but unfortunately that company is not Terrapinn"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated on salary for quite some time. I felt the management respected me for doing this but on a few occasions my salary level was used as a stick to beat me with later on.

Graduate Vacancies Interview

Graduate Vacancies
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Terrapinn.

Interview Details – They'll invite you in a group of up to 15 recent graduates desperate for jobs. There's going to be a company presentation. Then a test to see how you would create your own conference, from how you'd choose the content/topic/idea for it, to how you'd invite speakers, how you'd sell it etc.

Interview Question – "Tell us something that unique about yourself"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offer a salary - say £22k for a starter role which you then accept! Easy...

Marketing Executive Interview

Marketing Executive

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Terrapinn.

Interview Details – 1st round: about 3.5 hrs of assessment.
(30mins of pop quiz, 1hr individual project)

Interview Question – Individual Project   Answer Question

Conference Producer Interview

Conference Producer
Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed at Terrapinn in February 2011.

Interview Details – 2 round process. Well-organised and efficient.

Interview Question – Group assessment   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Terrapinn

Worked for Terrapinn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Terrapinn interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Terrapinn employees and interview candidates.