Terremark Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Strategic Account Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Terremark Worldwide in November 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring VP for lunch then he brought me in for addtional interviews with VP of Engineering and Director of Service Management

Interview Question – Why would you leave Microsoft for a smaller company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was fair and comp plan generous so I did not negotiate

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Terremark Worldwide in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is extensive. You should be prepared to interview with engineers and technical team members before you get to the hiring manager for your position.
Building rapport and being able to communicate are two extremely valuable skills to have when interviewing with Verizon Terremark.
After you interview with multiple team members, you will meet with either the recruiter or the hiring manager for the position. If you are passed you'll know quickly from the HR recruiter. If you are on the way to being hired, you will receive an offer letter.
My best advice after the interview is to stick to your salary request. If you're being reasonable for what the market offers in the DFW metroplex you will receive the offer, but you must present 2-3 valid reasons for your salary requirement. While I haven't had personal experience, I have been told that HR receives bonus compensation based on staying beneath a threshold for positions and new hires.

Interview Question – As simple as it may sound, when it was proposed it caught me off guard.
I was asked to completely diagram a sample virtualization POD. Once I diagramed the environment I was then asked to trace a packet from the external internet into the environment, to a VM and back out.
This proves that understanding the basics and being able to effectively communicate intricacies without skimping on detail is infinitely useful while at Verizon Terremark.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will ask you for a salary history, I'll be blunt:
I had 5 years of experience and my history was $32,000 - $42,000
I justified my salary request of $60,000 based on the market and what the position paid at Dell and HP. I provided clear examples based on Robert Half Technology. I also took into account that the benefits are AMAZING.
**Note** - I have come to understand that for this position the salaries vary greatly. I have team members on the legacy Verizon side that make nearly double what I do. The point though is that they manage contracts worth 10-20 millilon per year.

Assigned Client Engineer Interview

Assigned Client Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Terremark Worldwide.

Interview Details – Initial communication to final hire took several months, partially due to delays on my end. Phone interview with recruiter, phone technical interview with hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and multiple colleagues. Hiring requires approval all the way up to CEO level which caused additional delay.

The interviews were both technical and personality-oriented.

Interview Question – None were difficult, but there were several to which I did not know the answer. The interviews will be designed to find the limits of your knowledge by reaching something you don't know. I was familiar with the core technologies used but missed some details.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated briefly.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Technician Interview

IT Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Terremark Worldwide in October 2011.

Interview Details – The HR person set it up with the Supervisor. The interview was for an hour and I was taken through a series of questions from a list

Interview Question – Why should we hire you and not the other able applicants for this job.   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Enterprise Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Terremark Worldwide in December 2011.

Interview Details – They had me interview at their main office and Irving; simple interview with the VP and immediate manager. Discussed my past experience, actively tried to sell me on the position and the contribution I could make here. Was very impressed by the candor and professionalism of all involved; overall, a pretty seamless, painless process!

Interview Question – How would you handle conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Terremark Worldwide in September 2009.

Interview Details – Short and sweet. Nice offices, professional staff. There were no match between us. But I would keep my options open with them.

Interview Question – What is your vision of the future, the market trends for the future of this telecom services?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Terremark Worldwide in January 2008.

Interview Details – Overall, it is a cool company and the people work there seem pretty smart. It has a Prove-it test, which is a shorter version of a whole test.

Advice on preparation to the face-face interview: better ask for a score report of the test and search for the answer of the questions that were missed because they may come up as questions.

For face-to-face interview, there is a technical one and one/two non-technical interviews.

Interview Question – sql query questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Terremark Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Terremark Worldwide interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Terremark Worldwide employees and interview candidates.