Tesco Interview Questions in Cheshunt, England

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.7

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very inefficient. After passing all stages till assessment centre, told me they normally don't provide sponsorship. I don't know why the **** they didn't tell me at the beginning. Then kept me waiting to see if they can do it for me. The recruitment team called me and expressed the concern, and I spent plenty of time firguring out the solution and helping solve every concern raised by Tesco. At first, told me that the problem is to provide the government with the marketing research, and I found out that I have exemption for it. I consulted fully certificated and lisenced lawyer that Tesco has nothing to pay and no trouble in providing sponsorship to a Tier 4 Visa student. Then simply told me Tesco just doesn't do sponsorship at all, so why gave me such an altisonant reason that Tesco needs to provide such proof to the government? Tesco is a fully licensed company for recruiting non-EU employees. What's the point in having this? Decoration? After being kept waiting for weeks, and only got a simple "NO" without any feedbacks. Could just say no at the beginning. Such a customer-focused company has such weak ability to treat people. In total the whole process is arrogant, inefficient and racist.

Interview Questions

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

interviews and assessment day, potential for a lot of interviews especially if a bench hire. Company based on personal sponsorship. getting on with people is key. They use some evry straight forward competency based questions

Negotiation

tough!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in February 2008.

Interview

Standard online application with general management speak questions 'Please describe a time when you showed leadership/working in a team/dealt with a difficult situation/motivate yourself' etc. On the open day they were kind and looked for people who were confident and stood out from the 30 or so people they invited. Different team tasks as well as 1:1. For final round it was a three day away trip for 6 candidates. Lots of team tasks solving problems. Felt a lot like they accepted the people who were arguably smart and talkative but a little arrogant at times and a little dull.

Interview Questions