Tesco Customer Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.3

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tesco (Romford, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and answered a series of questions, got a call two days after for an interview. Arrived at the store and told to sign in. Waited 20 minutes for anyone to see me. Group interview with 9 others, Person kept dissapearing for long periods at a time. Asked the group 3 questions, waited again for half an hour. Had 1 2 1 interview, the job I applied for was completely different to what they were offering now. Asked 2 questions in 1 2 1interview. Seemed rushed and disinterested. Told to find my way out. Got lost as place was like a maze. If they offer me a job I will turn it down. If this is the sort of behaviour from senior members of staff I can understand why the store has such a high turnover. This is not the right first impression to give potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Was there an occasion where you have had to change your behaviour.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tesco

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to arrange a 1 on 1 interview. and then i was soo happy because that was my second interview since 2 years of applying :o so what happened is i forgot the day of the interview and thought it will be next day which i was late. i received a message saying i was unsuccessful for the role (because i didnt turn up).

after 2 weeks i received a phone call saying that they want to invite me for interview again same store without applying online :o. i said to myself wtf really? i didnt turn up because i mixed my days and got over excited. well i accepted the interview and came to it. i saw like people going out and coming in for interview :o i thought it will be group interview. but it was 1 to 1.

it was like 6 managers or somthing interviewing other candidates. the person whos interviewing me, she is a nice lady and i felt we were connected by chating and talking about scenario. YES!
     SHE GAVE ME scenario that would answer the question she was asking me and that helped me alot by thinking about my experience and talking about it openly. althought the room was like too loud because of other interviews next to me we were laughing and understanding each other.

she said that the position i applied is not only for 1 person .. they need like more than 7 or 10 she said.

and was told that I would receive a phone call VERY SOON if you are the successful because in 3 days will be the induction.

so yeah ... my interview experience was relaxing compared to other interviews i had :o and i wasnt feeling nervous

and by the way she was asking like 7 questions :o as she was reading it from a booklet.

- still waiting for the call.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to arrange a 1 on 1 interview. The interview was relaxed and pretty informal. There were no difficult questions and the interviewer was very friendly. Was told that I would receive a phone call the next day as she wouldn't normally say this but that I would be perfect for the position.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about about yourself" "Why tesco" No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kildare (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco (Kildare (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a few days later. Short one on one interview. Pretty casual only asked 4 questions. They went something like:
    Describe a situation when you dealt with a difficult customer/person
    Describe a situation where you had to change your behaviour to approach a situation
    Describe a time when you went out of your way to help someone/a customer
    Describe a time when you had to do something new that you weren't used to.
    Easy enough, was just caught off guard by some of the questions. said I'd get a call within the next week if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you dealt with a difficult customer/person   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Very simple questions; e.g when has someone trusted you with something, basic competencies.
    Smile lots and you should be fine! Also make sure that you are polite as they are essentially testing how well you could interact with customers.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Group interview,The first question tell me more about yourself. The second question explain a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone,
    Very formulaic process, After answering the questions we were split into groups of three.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied online last week wherein I have filled the questionnaire regarding normal situations at store and how do I respond to them. This week I got a call for assessment at their store. We were 4 people and the session started with introduction, followed by paper tower making of 6" and me n my partner could do it successfully followed by few questions on team work. Then we moved on to one to one interview which lasted for 15-20 minutes with basic questions like what does teamwork and customer service mean to you. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth person and I really felt at ease and comfortable during the entire process. The results will be communicated in a Weeks’s time.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tesco (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

After arriving the group of six people was split into two groups of three. We were asked to build a 6 foot tower with a three coloured flag on top out of 6 sheets of A2 paper. After this there was a brief one to one interview followed by a group interview where we were asked to discuss what we thought good and bad customer service was. Following this we were taken down onto the shop floor where we did some stock replenishment followed by some time on the check out.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel the here were any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Applied online, filled out screening test, never took my CV.

Team building exercises followed. Obviously wanted to see signs of leadership and courteous behaviour.

Invited to Interview: Met the store manager and assistant in office (this is in Express store). Introduced selves, asked application oriented questions (what did you learn from x position, etc). Questioned distance to store. Questioned many customer oriented situations (spill on floor, how do you react?).

Interview Questions

• Customers are arguing with you over the price mismatch, how do you resolve this?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tesco (Coventry, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview, which is unpleasant.They split us(11) in two teams and asked each team to build a tower made from insufficient newspaper. the tower should have had 6 feet height and the rule was to make it stable so that the tower stands up.
    No team made it possible.
    And after that, the 3 interviewers judged us on the tower stuff.
    They want to check our team work. I did't make the tower task but that doesn't mean I am not able to work in/as a team...because I have previous experience in stores and also worked in many teams.