Tesco HSC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

I attended the pool campus event in crecsent college, Chennai. You should have more that 70% in your undergrad. They held a quantitative aptitude exam. You have to get more than 70% in that too to get qualified for the next round. The next round was Technical round. They just ask you simple C and C++ questions about looping, overriding, oops etc. The same day you have HR round if you are selected in the technical.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer gave me a mobile phone and said how will you test it?   Answer Question

Stock Merchandiser Interview

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview for my selection. Which included the initial written or technical test and then followed with personal interview conducted by the HR and then was the technical round. All the three rounds of interview was on the same day. And I was happy with the way of conducting interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview went smoothly and there was no issue of unexpected questions asking during the interview and thus I do not have anything to share in this section.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco HSC (Manipala (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was uncomfortable. The interviewer looked very uninterested and detached. It felt like he was interviewing me as a formality, even though I answered all his questions. Sometimes, he didn't even wait for me to finish answering, before asking me another question.I made my best to keep him engaged and ask me questions.

Interview Questions

• Write the code for binary search and explain the logic.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco HSC in August 2015.

Interview

Tesco came in my college; First round was 40-45 min one consisting of aptitude , quant , verbal with many but easy questions in it ,one needs to be very fast ,it was followed by a 45 min coding round with 5 C based output Questions and 2 coding Qs ,both were easy . The next day some 46 students were shortlisted for the interview which consisted of 1Technical + 1 HR . They dwelled into my projects and asked me how I implemented data base related things in it , they asked to write queries , C++ based fundamentals , sorting techniques , finally I was called for the HR round .

Interview Questions

• what's the most challenging situation you ever faced .   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO negotiation as it was a university recruitment drive.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tesco HSC in August 2015.

Interview

There were 2 online rounds- 1 coding and 2 interview(1 technical and 1 hr). For technical, just know your projects well. Basic questions in C, C++ were asked. Know linked list, sorting, searching and OOPS concepts well. HR round was as usual.

Interview Questions

• Write the most complex C++ program you can write?   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala (India)

Application

Interview

Round 1: Aptitude and Verbal Written Test (Moderate Difficulty) Very few eliminated after first round Round 2: Coding round (5 output questions and 2 coding questions-1 was easy and the other was moderate) Many were eliminated after round 2 Round 3: Interview Process: 1 Technical and 1 HR Technical questions were basic but covered all aspects. It was more of a stress interview. HR were for people who were almost selected.

Interview Questions

• Explain all your projects   1 Answer
    • Why are linked Lists used?   1 Answer
    • Explain a sorting method and why do you choose it?   1 Answer
    • Make a BST with the data he gave and then write the function for searching an element in BST   1 Answer
    • A database question with scenario. SQL query as well   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco HSC.

Interview

The interview was good.It was well defined and organised. The interviewers were quite knowledgeable and informed persons.The process started with telephonic round.Then it was followed by quantitative aptitude tests.The interviewers asked about the projects and internships, previous exp. etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco HSC (Bangalore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Their are two round of Interviews, First one technical and other one is Managerial round. In Technical Interview programming questions were asked, In Managerial discussion current project details and what is your role and responsibilities were asked.what is the team size and how do you rate the skills on 10 point scale.

Interview Questions

• what is SDLC method followed in current company and what are various tools used.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco HSC (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Pretty easy. One one-on-one and than a meeting with WL3. Then same day I got a call for salary negotiation and submitting my required documents(that took long thought as the HR was on leave and there was no proper co-ordination)

Accounts Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tesco HSC.

Interview

first round will be appti and followed by hr and techincal round no such difficult question they ask no value for candidates waiting for long time bad exprience about interview process waste of time and silly questions were asked in techincal round for payroll executive no such behaviour by company people there as it is mnc company but i did not see any professional there