Tesco

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.5

Procurement Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tesco.

Assessment center with presentation, group exercise and panel interview

Marketing Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco in March 2011.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.
    First is phone interview, typical behavioral based questions and what do you think about this position.
    Then is the AC, prior to the interview you got a case to study and asked to do a presentation at the interview day. I miss the group interview, but HR was very nice and assign me to one department manager to present my case study. After that, I was interviewed by four different department manager to talk about the details. Several technique questions. Most were about scenario question and your background details.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. he majority of the questions is about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco.

Very simple questions; e.g when has someone trusted you with something, basic competencies.
    Smile lots and you should be fine! Also make sure that you are polite as they are essentially testing how well you could interact with customers.

Tesco Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tesco.

Tesco Mobile jobs don't come up that often and usually appear on the careers website, You send in your C.V. and application online. I am told by someone in Tesco that you are assigned points which go to your overall score, these depend on you application. I am also told that the Tesco Mobile roles is a cushy one, with no hard sell, and it's very difficult to get a hired because most/all Mobile positions are taken by people already working in store.

Software Engineer Interview

Written round
    Coding round
    F2F interview
    I wrote all 3 codes and I was not there in the selected list. I asked HR he said its verified.
    Stupid HR people don't have courtesy to re-check.

Tech Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Applied online
    Was called a week or two later and asked if I could come in for a interview (one on one)
    Interview was relaxed, questions included were about times when you have had to change your behaviour, a time when you have been under pressure, a time that you have worked in a group.

Interview Questions
    • A time you have had to change your behaviour   View Answer
    Just make sure you have answers to the questions before the interview because If you think on the spot you might not give a good answer

Stock Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco.

Had read a lot of previous interview questions on here for similar jobs before. interview was straightforward, asked questions from a booklet and then interviewer wrote down my answers. questions asked were 1) a time you had a complaint from a customer and how you dealt with it. 2) A time you worked in a team 3) A time you worked under pressure 4) a time you changed your behavior from someone else. there were 2 interviewers both seemed chilled out. after interview i was placed at a cashier not on the tills but just by another employee to see how i was around with customers and other employees. will here back from them in a week

Interview Questions
    • a time you had a complaint from a customer and how you dealt with it. Was thrown by this question as i didn't prepare for it at all due to not coming across it. my own fault i should have prepared more.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

Group interview,The first question tell me more about yourself. The second question explain a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone,
    Very formulaic process, After answering the questions we were split into groups of three.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

I had applied online last week wherein I have filled the questionnaire regarding normal situations at store and how do I respond to them. This week I got a call for assessment at their store. We were 4 people and the session started with introduction, followed by paper tower making of 6" and me n my partner could do it successfully followed by few questions on team work. Then we moved on to one to one interview which lasted for 15-20 minutes with basic questions like what does teamwork and customer service mean to you. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth person and I really felt at ease and comfortable during the entire process. The results will be communicated in a Weeks’s time.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

After arriving the group of six people was split into two groups of three. We were asked to build a 6 foot tower with a three coloured flag on top out of 6 sheets of A2 paper. After this there was a brief one to one interview followed by a group interview where we were asked to discuss what we thought good and bad customer service was. Following this we were taken down onto the shop floor where we did some stock replenishment followed by some time on the check out.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel the here were any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question