Tesco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.4

Procurement Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Assessment center with presentation, group exercise and panel interview

Marketing Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.
    First is phone interview, typical behavioral based questions and what do you think about this position.
    Then is the AC, prior to the interview you got a case to study and asked to do a presentation at the interview day. I miss the group interview, but HR was very nice and assign me to one department manager to present my case study. After that, I was interviewed by four different department manager to talk about the details. Several technique questions. Most were about scenario question and your background details.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. he majority of the questions is about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tesco (Romford, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and answered a series of questions, got a call two days after for an interview. Arrived at the store and told to sign in. Waited 20 minutes for anyone to see me. Group interview with 9 others, Person kept dissapearing for long periods at a time. Asked the group 3 questions, waited again for half an hour. Had 1 2 1 interview, the job I applied for was completely different to what they were offering now. Asked 2 questions in 1 2 1interview. Seemed rushed and disinterested. Told to find my way out. Got lost as place was like a maze. If they offer me a job I will turn it down. If this is the sort of behaviour from senior members of staff I can understand why the store has such a high turnover. This is not the right first impression to give potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Was there an occasion where you have had to change your behaviour.   1 Answer

Stock Replenisher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco (Street, England (UK)).

Interview

I was greeted very friendly. Taken to the office where the interviews were held, asked to fill out an application form. I'd asked previously if I needed to do an application form and was told no, so it wasted some time having to do it in the interview.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Start off with some fairly standard online tests. Afterwards if successful you will be invited to an interview in the store where more questions are asked of you but in a group interview, but that all depends on what store you apply for as some may have own strategy. I had a one on one but ever since it seems to be a group thing.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to arrange a 1 on 1 interview. and then i was soo happy because that was my second interview since 2 years of applying :o so what happened is i forgot the day of the interview and thought it will be next day which i was late. i received a message saying i was unsuccessful for the role (because i didnt turn up).

after 2 weeks i received a phone call saying that they want to invite me for interview again same store without applying online :o. i said to myself wtf really? i didnt turn up because i mixed my days and got over excited. well i accepted the interview and came to it. i saw like people going out and coming in for interview :o i thought it will be group interview. but it was 1 to 1.

it was like 6 managers or somthing interviewing other candidates. the person whos interviewing me, she is a nice lady and i felt we were connected by chating and talking about scenario. YES!
     SHE GAVE ME scenario that would answer the question she was asking me and that helped me alot by thinking about my experience and talking about it openly. althought the room was like too loud because of other interviews next to me we were laughing and understanding each other.

she said that the position i applied is not only for 1 person .. they need like more than 7 or 10 she said.

and was told that I would receive a phone call VERY SOON if you are the successful because in 3 days will be the induction.

so yeah ... my interview experience was relaxing compared to other interviews i had :o and i wasnt feeling nervous

and by the way she was asking like 7 questions :o as she was reading it from a booklet.

- still waiting for the call.

Supply Chain Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Sat situational judgement tests. Took logic, verbal and non verbal reasoning tests. Phone interview - emphasis on the role at hand and competency questions looking for leadership and initiative. Assessment centre involving group discussion, presentation and 1:1 interview. Enjoyable experience, relaxed environment.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco (Hertford, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

After online tests, there was a competency based phone interview that lasted roughly 45 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and relaxed, and asked standard competency questions.

The assessment centre was split into three parts;
    A one-on-one interview (again competency based) and also a 3D CV presentation about yourself which was great.
    A business simulation task, involving a group discussion to choose three out of six initiatives for a company to invest in.
    A presentation prepared on the day to one team member, based on reading a brief and choosing which area a company should focus on in the next 12 months.

Everyone was friendly, relaxed and apart from longer periods of time waiting around, it was a really fun day! Only criticism was that it was held in somewhere quite difficult to get to!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've not been able to complete a deadline as you planned?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, one interview by 2 people. All questions were competency based. Mainly wanted you to describe times when you showed specific skills ie. teamwork, confidence, perseverance etc.. Main thing is to be super smiley and confident. They train you on the tills anyway, so you could get away with saying that you've already had till/supermarket experience- there's no check-up.

Interview Questions

• A time you worked as part of a team? Time you had to overcome a challenge?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to arrange a 1 on 1 interview. The interview was relaxed and pretty informal. There were no difficult questions and the interviewer was very friendly. Was told that I would receive a phone call the next day as she wouldn't normally say this but that I would be perfect for the position.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about about yourself" "Why tesco" No difficult questions.   Answer Question