Tesco Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.5

Procurement Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tesco.

Assessment center with presentation, group exercise and panel interview

Marketing Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco in March 2011.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.
    First is phone interview, typical behavioral based questions and what do you think about this position.
    Then is the AC, prior to the interview you got a case to study and asked to do a presentation at the interview day. I miss the group interview, but HR was very nice and assign me to one department manager to present my case study. After that, I was interviewed by four different department manager to talk about the details. Several technique questions. Most were about scenario question and your background details.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. he majority of the questions is about yourself.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Tesco.

Started as Temp on part time hours then asked to do more hours and was offered a permanent position after I was offered a position at another company. The company make the most of Temp staff who prove themselves talented.

Interview Questions
    My hourly rate was increased and they offered me a favourable salary for the permanent position.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco.

I applied on-line, the process was easy. I just completed the on-line application and the psychometric tests. Then got a phone call 2 weeks later asking me to come in for a group interview.

The group interview was very laid back, there was 3 Tesco colleagues with clipboards making notes on us. There was 10 of us in total. We sat around a table did a small ice breaker that was simply saying your name and why you want to work for Tesco. We were given an application form to fill in and in that form we had to note our availability etc. One by one we were then called in for a one on one interview with a colleague (I say interview it was really more of an informal chat) during this interview I was asked basic questions such as "why Tesco?" "what makes good customer service" and just a general chat about what makes a good employee in general. I liked how laid back the one on one was.

There was then a chance for us to " have a go " on the shop floor for about 20 minutes, for me this simply involved getting an employee bar code for the self service machines and just did some basic tasks, such as checking peoples I.D's and authorizing the self scan machines, when any problems arose with peoples shopping. Also taking the tags off peoples alcohol / clothes etc. Pretty basic stuff.

We then went back to the training room, had a round up chat about the day and was told we would find out within the week about whether we are successful in our application.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions, all really straight forward stuff.   Answer Question

I also got offered a job much closer to home, so it was in my best interest to decline.

Customer Assistant Interview

filled out form and handed in to tesco store. The interview was a group interview firstly we had to introduce ourselves. The first question was explain a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone and we answered one by one. The second question was describe a time when you have done more than someone expected of you. After answering the questions we were split into groups of three and given sheets of paper, cellotape and pencils and asked to make a tower meeting certain specifications and then present and sell it to the rest of the group.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't any difficult questions but the group task was quite unexpected   Answer Question

Trade Marketer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

First I applied online and then process included phone interview, face to face interview and assessment center. Face to face interview was conducted by the person form the proper department.
    The interviewers were nice, asked mostly about my studies, projects I have participated in during studies and my understanding of work.

Interview Questions
    • During face2face interview: your weakness, what motivates you, how do you handle stress, What was the hardest thing you had to overcome on your university. etc.   Answer Question

C/Out Collegue Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco in September 2014.

Filled online application, 3 days later got a call for a one to one interview which lasted half hour. Was also told i will be called back to work for hour at the store to see how i got on, never got a call back!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me abit about yourself?, name a time when you helped a friend and how did you feel?, and name a time you were put under pressure and how did deal with it.   Answer Question

Manager Service Delivery Interview

It includes good amount of technical and case wise discussion along with group discussion as well.Finally this ends with HR.This was a good hiring process ihave ever seen.Want to give some advice to the new comers as well.

Customer Assistant Interview

Applied online and was then told few days later to come for an interview. A relatively informal interview with the manager of the department and his manager. Asked some questions about why I wanted the job, my personal interests and my short-term plans. Received a telephone call offering me the job the next day.

Drop Ship Operations Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Apply Online by Posting C.V.

Invited to Assessment Centre consisting of:
    - Introduction of yourself and the people you may work with (Icebreaker)
    - Individual Interview
    - Group task of a Preplanned task given by employer
    - Individual Task of coming up with a solution in regards to a problem
    - Smaller Group task of building a structure

Outcome of Interview process given back within a week with feedback also provided.