Tesco Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

Marketing Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tesco in March 2011.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.
    First is phone interview, typical behavioral based questions and what do you think about this position.
    Then is the AC, prior to the interview you got a case to study and asked to do a presentation at the interview day. I miss the group interview, but HR was very nice and assign me to one department manager to present my case study. After that, I was interviewed by four different department manager to talk about the details. Several technique questions. Most were about scenario question and your background details.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. he majority of the questions is about yourself.   Answer Question

Procurement Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Tesco.

Assessment center with presentation, group exercise and panel interview

Trade Marketer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tesco.

First I applied online and then process included phone interview, face to face interview and assessment center. Face to face interview was conducted by the person form the proper department.
    The interviewers were nice, asked mostly about my studies, projects I have participated in during studies and my understanding of work.

Interview Questions
    • During face2face interview: your weakness, what motivates you, how do you handle stress, What was the hardest thing you had to overcome on your university. etc.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tesco in September 2013.

Applied online, got a call a week later to come in for an interview. A few situation questions were asked e.g name a time where you had to.. type questions.

Manager Service Delivery Interview

It includes good amount of technical and case wise discussion along with group discussion as well.Finally this ends with HR.This was a good hiring process ihave ever seen.Want to give some advice to the new comers as well.

Checkout Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tesco in October 2013.

I applied online doing the usual online questionnaire that comes with applying to work at a supermarket. I passed that by selecting the obvious options and swaying towards the customer service answers.

I then got a call from a Checkout Manager and arranged a 'small interview'. That is exactly what it was, a checkout manager and I went into a small office where she asked me a couple of questions in an informal setting. (The questions that were asked were all in a book and were obviously asked to every single person entering Tesco country-wide).

It was a while ago now but roughly:
    Give me an example of when you provided excellent customer service...

Interview Questions
    • If you haven't been in a retail role then this may be hard to answer but just try and make something up before you go in there so it looks believable.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate pay, was way better than what I was getting. Talked about hours and they were very flexible.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leicester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Tesco in February 2012.

Initial meeting to tell everyone the plan of the day. Simple group exercise, who could build the tallest tower, with time and material constraints. One on one intervies followed, where they sasked when i was free to work and that was about it.

Interview Questions
    Told them i was free all the time, but had to attend college. Was able to work the hours they wanted me to

Customer Assistant Interview

Applied online and was then told few days later to come for an interview. A relatively informal interview with the manager of the department and his manager. Asked some questions about why I wanted the job, my personal interests and my short-term plans. Received a telephone call offering me the job the next day.

Drop Ship Operations Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Welwyn, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Tesco.

Apply Online by Posting C.V.

Invited to Assessment Centre consisting of:
    - Introduction of yourself and the people you may work with (Icebreaker)
    - Individual Interview
    - Group task of a Preplanned task given by employer
    - Individual Task of coming up with a solution in regards to a problem
    - Smaller Group task of building a structure

Outcome of Interview process given back within a week with feedback also provided.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Tesco in November 2012.

Was contacted by the current incumbent . Process started with video interview. Went through extensive psychometric testing. Post clearing these had face to face interviews with senior management and then the head of the function. Salary negotiations were protracted . All the people were very supportive. Interviews were to gauge cultural fit and domain knowledge.

Interview Questions
    Extensive negotiations were possible. Company was willing to accommodate for specific needs/ requirements

Worked for Tesco? Contribute to the Community!