Tesco

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.5

Tesco Mobile Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tesco.

Tesco Mobile jobs don't come up that often and usually appear on the careers website, You send in your C.V. and application online. I am told by someone in Tesco that you are assigned points which go to your overall score, these depend on you application. I am also told that the Tesco Mobile roles is a cushy one, with no hard sell, and it's very difficult to get a hired because most/all Mobile positions are taken by people already working in store.

Software Engineer Interview

Written round
    Coding round
    F2F interview
    I wrote all 3 codes and I was not there in the selected list. I asked HR he said its verified.
    Stupid HR people don't have courtesy to re-check.

Personnel Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tesco in January 2015.

The day was a full assessment day at a hotel conference room near Hatfield. There was a really relaxed, open feeling even though the day was attended by many senior members of Tesco- some who had been part of the business for 20 years, one woman who had just joined the day before! It was therefore a great opportunity to get to ask some of these people questions (in the final one-to-one presentation task, or at lunch) and to really test the vibe of the working environment.

The day started with us all (8 girls, one boy, one non-attendee) in a meeting room slotted between these Tesco vets. We had a simple ice breaker (one item to a desert island) and watched a video about the Tesco offices and working ethos. We were then split into two groups for the task. My group's order was: 3D CV, forty minute break. Group 'Business strategy' task, 20 minute break. Lunch. 20 minute break. 20 minutes for planning for an individual presentation on one of three ideas. A really long accidental break whilst they hustled the Tesco staff into individual rooms, whilst we sat there with our finished presentations, unable to touch them. 30 minutes giving the presentation and answering questions. Then hanging around at the end for the Tesco staff to say goodbye.

The 3D CV is very trendy now, two girls brought baking and offered it to the interviewers, which I found odd. The 'Business Analyst' task was amazing, there was an interactive video feed where new information kept flashing up as tweets or news blasts to try and make you re-think the answer you gave to the proposal. The presentation task involved reading a booklet of information, and then deciding which one of three directions you should take 'Potter's' business strategy in, before presenting it to a Tesco team member.

The cons were: long waiting times, the 8 pages of feedback we received with some strongly negative comments, the embarassing-ness of writing and giving a 3D CV.

The pros were: Becky, the graduate from last year! So kind, so helpful, so wise. The lovely environment that all the Tesco staff managed to give off. The lunch! The other people there. Having such a small group really killed any kind of competitive vibe and I would really look forward to working with any of them again.

Interview Questions
    • 'What are your three worst qualities' and 'Give an example of a time where you failed to meet a deadline'.   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tesco in January 2015.

I applied online through Tesco's recruitment website. The process was pretty quick. A recruitment officer called me the next day, asking me to describe my previous previous and academic background. Then, he sent me a link to complete on online 'Oxford English Test', and invited me to an interview the following week at Tesco HQ.

Before the interview day, I was told to bring a calculator to complete a quantitative test. On the actual day, I had to fill in an application form and spend 40 minutes on a math test. The test comprises 20 multiple choices, requiring basic calculations of business-related figures (ex. profit, margins, percents, break even point, etc). After the test, I was interviewed by the same recruitment officer, followed by the potential line manager.

I got the job offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about yourself.
      Why did you apply to this position? Why Tesco?
      Why didn't you apply for a position at advertising agencies?
      What was your biggest achievement?
      What was the most difficult thing you had to deal with on your previous work?
      What is your short-term / long-term ambition?
      What is your ideal workplace?

Answer Question

The offered salary didn't match my expectation.

Tech Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Applied online
    Was called a week or two later and asked if I could come in for a interview (one on one)
    Interview was relaxed, questions included were about times when you have had to change your behaviour, a time when you have been under pressure, a time that you have worked in a group.

Interview Questions
    • A time you have had to change your behaviour   View Answer
    Just make sure you have answers to the questions before the interview because If you think on the spot you might not give a good answer

Stock Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco.

Had read a lot of previous interview questions on here for similar jobs before. interview was straightforward, asked questions from a booklet and then interviewer wrote down my answers. questions asked were 1) a time you had a complaint from a customer and how you dealt with it. 2) A time you worked in a team 3) A time you worked under pressure 4) a time you changed your behavior from someone else. there were 2 interviewers both seemed chilled out. after interview i was placed at a cashier not on the tills but just by another employee to see how i was around with customers and other employees. will here back from them in a week

Interview Questions
    • a time you had a complaint from a customer and how you dealt with it. Was thrown by this question as i didn't prepare for it at all due to not coming across it. my own fault i should have prepared more.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

Group interview,The first question tell me more about yourself. The second question explain a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone,
    Very formulaic process, After answering the questions we were split into groups of three.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

I had applied online last week wherein I have filled the questionnaire regarding normal situations at store and how do I respond to them. This week I got a call for assessment at their store. We were 4 people and the session started with introduction, followed by paper tower making of 6" and me n my partner could do it successfully followed by few questions on team work. Then we moved on to one to one interview which lasted for 15-20 minutes with basic questions like what does teamwork and customer service mean to you. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth person and I really felt at ease and comfortable during the entire process. The results will be communicated in a Weeks’s time.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

After arriving the group of six people was split into two groups of three. We were asked to build a 6 foot tower with a three coloured flag on top out of 6 sheets of A2 paper. After this there was a brief one to one interview followed by a group interview where we were asked to discuss what we thought good and bad customer service was. Following this we were taken down onto the shop floor where we did some stock replenishment followed by some time on the check out.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel the here were any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Dotcom Assistant (Personal Shopper)/Deli Counter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

I went to two interviews for two different stores. Both interviews were very informal and laid back.
    The first was for the position on a counter. However we were given choices as to where we wanted to work and had to fill in our work availability. Then in a group we were asked three questions and had to go round answering. We were told we would find out the result in a few days time.
    The second interview was for personal shopper (dotcom). This time there was only myself and another person in the interview and we were asked to fill out forms and then had to answer two questions, again in the group. Then whilst one of us went off onto the shop floor to see how the shift goes, the other was asked about criminal convictions (if we had any) and some other run of the mill questions. After 10 minutes of being on the floor we were told we would find out the result in a few days.
    The questions asked in both interviews were;
    - Name a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer
    - Think of a time you either gave or received excellent customer service (and talk about it)
    - Think of a situation where you had to either adjust or change what you were doing, for somebody else (and talk about it).
    - Name a time you were disappointed or suffered a set-back?

The pay in one store was £7.47/hr, for the dotcom shopper it was £7.88/hr.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were disappointed or suffered a set-back?   Answer Question
    None