Tesco Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.5

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Mersea, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mersea, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tesco.

Online application, consisting of a questionnaire. Then a phone call and arranged interview at the store location. There is then more 'what would you do' questions in the interview, and a short booklet to fill out. Questions consisted of 'Can you remember a time you...' and 'Describe a time you were...'

there wasnt one.

Manager - Head Office Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tesco.

4 stage interview: HR telephone interview; face-to-face interview plus role play; online psychometric tests; 1 day assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • Decsribe the Pros & Cons of the Tesco Grocery website.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Tesco.

I went through an external recruitment company. Then had online tests, verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Then a full day assessment centre involving presentations, group exercises, and interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when a member of your team was experiencing personal difficulties.   Answer Question

Clothing Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tesco.

Individual & group interviews also for first time I got an interview we got questions we needed to discuss between the group and had a 5 minute time limit. And the second time uI got an interview it was we needed to try to build a tower that would stand without falling over and we only got paper & cellotape and a certain amount of time to do it in.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to build a tower as part of a group within a specific time.   View Answer

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Tesco.

I applied for this job twice, the first time I went through a rigourous interview but unfortunately didn't get the job. The second time I applied I was scheduled for an interview at a date that was inconvenient for me. I phoned to reschedule it, talked to a rude woman who promised to contact me. I was never contacted and it turns out the manager hired one of his friends!

Interview Questions
    • The attitude of the interviewer made me feel like I was being interrogated.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hertford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hertford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tesco in January 2014.

Application form - straight forward
    Online tests - verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, abstract reasoning
    Telephone interview - why Tesco? Why chosen scheme? Competency questions, How do we stand out from our competitors? What challenges are we facing at the moment? Describe your personal qualities...
    Assessment centre - group icebreaker, individual interview, group discussion task, presentation, group challenge task (build a structure out of paper)
    Known whether successful or not within a couple of days.
    Took weeks to receive detailed feedback.

Interview Questions
    • What are the main challenges facing Tesco at the moment?   View Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Very formulaic process, but that comes with them hiring hundreds and thousands of people every year. The interview wasn't particularly intimidating, and I was made to feel welcome.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any real surprises. You might need to think of a time when you went above and beyond customer expectations to help them.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Tesco in December 2013.

One Technical round
    second HR and technical

Interview Questions
    • How a company should be employee oriented if they ask to stay long in a day and pushing you hard for a task.   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tesco in October 2013.

Total 3 rounds. 1st round written test(consist of four sections verbal, analytical, quantitative aptitude, technical) 2nd round technical questions are basic and from all the areas like software engineering, data structure, c. 3rd round HR..

Checkout Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tesco in October 2013.

I applied online doing the usual online questionnaire that comes with applying to work at a supermarket. I passed that by selecting the obvious options and swaying towards the customer service answers.

I then got a call from a Checkout Manager and arranged a 'small interview'. That is exactly what it was, a checkout manager and I went into a small office where she asked me a couple of questions in an informal setting. (The questions that were asked were all in a book and were obviously asked to every single person entering Tesco country-wide).

It was a while ago now but roughly:
    Give me an example of when you provided excellent customer service...

Interview Questions
    • If you haven't been in a retail role then this may be hard to answer but just try and make something up before you go in there so it looks believable.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate pay, was way better than what I was getting. Talked about hours and they were very flexible.