Tesco

72 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details – I applied for this job twice, the first time I went through a rigourous interview but unfortunately didn't get the job. The second time I applied I was scheduled for an interview at a date that was inconvenient for me. I phoned to reschedule it, talked to a rude woman who promised to contact me. I was never contacted and it turns out the manager hired one of his friends!

Interview Question – The attitude of the interviewer made me feel like I was being interrogated.   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

PHP Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Tesco in December 2013.

Interview Details – One Technical round
second HR and technical

Interview Question – How a company should be employee oriented if they ask to stay long in a day and pushing you hard for a task.   View Answer

Checkout Assistant Interview

Checkout Assistant
Galway (Ireland)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tesco in February 2010.

Interview Details – I gave my CV to a worker on checkouts who I knew. I received a call 4 days later, and was asked to interview. The interview was one-on-one with the checkout manager. It was 30 mins in all, and took place in an office.

Interview Question – Tell us something you accomplished in the past year?   View Answer

Stock Controller Interview

Stock Controller
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tesco in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an interview 2 weeks later then managed to get the job on a 12 hour a week contract.

Interview Question – Why do you feel that you are suitable for this working environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a letter in the post about my induction then received my days that I would be working.

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant

Interviewed at Tesco

Interview Details – Very formulaic process, but that comes with them hiring hundreds and thousands of people every year. The interview wasn't particularly intimidating, and I was made to feel welcome.

Interview Question – There weren't any real surprises. You might need to think of a time when you went above and beyond customer expectations to help them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tesco in October 2013.

Interview Details – Total 3 rounds. 1st round written test(consist of four sections verbal, analytical, quantitative aptitude, technical) 2nd round technical questions are basic and from all the areas like software engineering, data structure, c. 3rd round HR..

Interview Question – nothing like that   Answer Question

Buying Operation Specialist Interview

Buying Operation Specialist
Bangalore (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Tesco in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had attended the interview for buying ops specialist at TESCO, the interview process was not bad, they came back that m selected, however after few days informed me the project got ramped down or watever, and asked me to attend interview for other process which I did wasting two days of my leaves... and after the interview they never got back to me about the outcome of the interview..!!!! and when i try to reach the HR over mails and calls they never bother to respond.. :-/ If they do not have openings why waste ppl's time by calling them for a day long interview????

Interview Question – The stress round conducted by the Project Manager.. tried to confuse n create stress..!!   Answer Question

Checkout Assistant Interview

Checkout Assistant
Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tesco in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview began with being took to shop floor to help pack bags as they wanted to see how I interacted with customers and colleagues. They then asked me ten questions, two each based on a certain area e.g. my team work, following rules and procedures, my integrity, dealing with a difficult customer, overcoming disappointment, helping someone who hadn't asked for help.

My interview was today and was told I would find out within 3 weeks whether I was successful or unsuccessful. However the woman told me I did very well and would I consider working in another store close by aswell.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult question was how I overcame any rules or procedures I didn't agree with or wasn't happy about.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Tesco

Interview Details – online portal submission, got contacted by e-mail ..and subsequent rounds were driven by the HR contact who would set up initial reviews and meetings ..had to go through 4 rounds all diverse .

Interview Question – define infinity .   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect

Interviewed at Tesco

Interview Details – Recruited through an agency, went to psychometric testing session which had two tests, non verbal reasoning and then a negatively scored verbal reasoning test. There was an initial set of interviews after that. Followed by an assessment day which included team exercises interviews and skills based testing. After the assessment day I was offered a position, interviewed with a couple of teams who interested in taking me and chose the one I wanted to work in.

Interview Question – Coming from a non-retail background, there were a number of retail specific business cases which were challenging.   Answer Question