Tesco Interview Questions in Liverpool, England

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco.

I applied on-line, the process was easy. I just completed the on-line application and the psychometric tests. Then got a phone call 2 weeks later asking me to come in for a group interview.

The group interview was very laid back, there was 3 Tesco colleagues with clipboards making notes on us. There was 10 of us in total. We sat around a table did a small ice breaker that was simply saying your name and why you want to work for Tesco. We were given an application form to fill in and in that form we had to note our availability etc. One by one we were then called in for a one on one interview with a colleague (I say interview it was really more of an informal chat) during this interview I was asked basic questions such as "why Tesco?" "what makes good customer service" and just a general chat about what makes a good employee in general. I liked how laid back the one on one was.

There was then a chance for us to " have a go " on the shop floor for about 20 minutes, for me this simply involved getting an employee bar code for the self service machines and just did some basic tasks, such as checking peoples I.D's and authorizing the self scan machines, when any problems arose with peoples shopping. Also taking the tags off peoples alcohol / clothes etc. Pretty basic stuff.

We then went back to the training room, had a round up chat about the day and was told we would find out within the week about whether we are successful in our application.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions, all really straight forward stuff.   Answer Question

I also got offered a job much closer to home, so it was in my best interest to decline.