Tesco Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated May 25, 2015

2.3

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There was no interview. I went to school with the night manager, so he called me and told me to come in and do a work sample, which consists of spending an hour or so down an aisle filling it. He then came and checked up on how I did and we went to the office he photocopied my right to work documents and took my bank details and passed it on to the HR manager in the morning. I was working with them within 7 days. There was an interview documents but he filled them all out as he said he had no time to conduct an interview.

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco (Maidstone, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. It was divided into two parts; the first part you were assigned a current member of staff to work with and you were asked to complete a certain task. The second part consisted of a few simple questions so that the company could get a better understanding of who you were.

Interview Questions

• What past experience do you have that could benefit you in the role that you have applied for?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

You start off by completing online tests which test your knowledge of various applications. This is then followed by a phone interview lasting 45 minutes. if successful they tend to contact you within the day. You then go to an interview day where you are given the chance to prove yourself using a 3d CV and group tasks.
    the day runs very smoothly and you do not really stop it also includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, make sure to come prepared as they do ask you questions on how the company is doing etc.
    Ultimately your academics are less important at this stage as they know you have the grades or you wouldn't be there, showcase yourself as they want to see how you work as an individual and as a team.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hertford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco (Hertford, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

After online tests, there was a competency based phone interview that lasted roughly 45 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and relaxed, and asked standard competency questions.

The assessment centre was split into three parts;
    A one-on-one interview (again competency based) and also a 3D CV presentation about yourself which was great.
    A business simulation task, involving a group discussion to choose three out of six initiatives for a company to invest in.
    A presentation prepared on the day to one team member, based on reading a brief and choosing which area a company should focus on in the next 12 months.

Everyone was friendly, relaxed and apart from longer periods of time waiting around, it was a really fun day! Only criticism was that it was held in somewhere quite difficult to get to!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've not been able to complete a deadline as you planned?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Sat situational judgement tests. Took logic, verbal and non verbal reasoning tests. Phone interview - emphasis on the role at hand and competency questions looking for leadership and initiative. Assessment centre involving group discussion, presentation and 1:1 interview. Enjoyable experience, relaxed environment.

Summer, Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, with competency questions 5 in total more than any other FMCG I applied for.
    Testing followed the usual SJT and NRT.Then a telephone interview mainly competency stele questions quite standard. Then a AC , this was also standard, group exercises in tray exercise followed by a p1:1 presentation then a final interview with a 3D presentation of your CV. Very nice people great day.

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency based, a few technical , why Tesco, why procurement , how would you handle a difficult customer,the telephone interview lasted 50 mins and I was given good feed back at the end of it.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Balham AndTooting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Don't apply for the upper Balham or Tooting branches. The interview was terrible. My interview was at 9am I arrived at 8.45 and was waiting until 10am before the interview began despite members of staff coming in and saying "we'll start in 10 minutes". Appalling organisation and time keeping skills. When we finally started one of three interviewers looked disinterested and the interview asked us silly questions but were very interested in what we were saying. Also, it was a group interview of about 12 (they made us wait an hour because they wanted 20 but people didn't show up). Worst interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.

What is good customer service?

What is good team work?

When have you worked under pressure?

Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Group interview,The first question tell me more about yourself. The second question explain a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone,
    Very formulaic process, After answering the questions we were split into groups of three.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied online last week wherein I have filled the questionnaire regarding normal situations at store and how do I respond to them. This week I got a call for assessment at their store. We were 4 people and the session started with introduction, followed by paper tower making of 6" and me n my partner could do it successfully followed by few questions on team work. Then we moved on to one to one interview which lasted for 15-20 minutes with basic questions like what does teamwork and customer service mean to you. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth person and I really felt at ease and comfortable during the entire process. The results will be communicated in a Weeks’s time.

Dotcom Assistant (Personal Shopper)/Deli Counter Interview

Application

Interview

I went to two interviews for two different stores. Both interviews were very informal and laid back.
    The first was for the position on a counter. However we were given choices as to where we wanted to work and had to fill in our work availability. Then in a group we were asked three questions and had to go round answering. We were told we would find out the result in a few days time.
    The second interview was for personal shopper (dotcom). This time there was only myself and another person in the interview and we were asked to fill out forms and then had to answer two questions, again in the group. Then whilst one of us went off onto the shop floor to see how the shift goes, the other was asked about criminal convictions (if we had any) and some other run of the mill questions. After 10 minutes of being on the floor we were told we would find out the result in a few days.
    The questions asked in both interviews were;
    - Name a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer
    - Think of a time you either gave or received excellent customer service (and talk about it)
    - Think of a situation where you had to either adjust or change what you were doing, for somebody else (and talk about it).
    - Name a time you were disappointed or suffered a set-back?

The pay in one store was £7.47/hr, for the dotcom shopper it was £7.88/hr.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were disappointed or suffered a set-back?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None