Tesco

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.3

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

Group interview,The first question tell me more about yourself. The second question explain a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone,
    Very formulaic process, After answering the questions we were split into groups of three.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

I had applied online last week wherein I have filled the questionnaire regarding normal situations at store and how do I respond to them. This week I got a call for assessment at their store. We were 4 people and the session started with introduction, followed by paper tower making of 6" and me n my partner could do it successfully followed by few questions on team work. Then we moved on to one to one interview which lasted for 15-20 minutes with basic questions like what does teamwork and customer service mean to you. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth person and I really felt at ease and comfortable during the entire process. The results will be communicated in a Weeks’s time.

Dotcom Assistant (Personal Shopper)/Deli Counter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

I went to two interviews for two different stores. Both interviews were very informal and laid back.
    The first was for the position on a counter. However we were given choices as to where we wanted to work and had to fill in our work availability. Then in a group we were asked three questions and had to go round answering. We were told we would find out the result in a few days time.
    The second interview was for personal shopper (dotcom). This time there was only myself and another person in the interview and we were asked to fill out forms and then had to answer two questions, again in the group. Then whilst one of us went off onto the shop floor to see how the shift goes, the other was asked about criminal convictions (if we had any) and some other run of the mill questions. After 10 minutes of being on the floor we were told we would find out the result in a few days.
    The questions asked in both interviews were;
    - Name a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer
    - Think of a time you either gave or received excellent customer service (and talk about it)
    - Think of a situation where you had to either adjust or change what you were doing, for somebody else (and talk about it).
    - Name a time you were disappointed or suffered a set-back?

The pay in one store was £7.47/hr, for the dotcom shopper it was £7.88/hr.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were disappointed or suffered a set-back?   Answer Question
    None

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Tesco.

Started as Temp on part time hours then asked to do more hours and was offered a permanent position after I was offered a position at another company. The company make the most of Temp staff who prove themselves talented.

Interview Questions
    My hourly rate was increased and they offered me a favourable salary for the permanent position.

Customer Assistant-clothing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco in September 2014.

After passing the online questionnaire,It is a simple questionnaire mainly dealing with day to day scenarios in the role of sales assistant. I was called for interview after 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • It was a group interview..Behavioral and competency based questions were asked Tell us a time when you valued time...how to deal with indecisive customer...competitors of Tesco(H&M,Zara),what is the latest fashion trend-.excellent customer service.... which size sells fast( small size)....describe a time when you have gone extra mile to help your friend/customer
      The most unexpected was activity round ,we were taken to the shop floor and we were asked to pick some of our favorite clothing of our choice with matching accessories ,shoes . within 5 minutes and we were asked to explain why we have selected it and on what occasion would you wear that.what will you wear for wedding?

Answer Question

Drop Ship Operations Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Apply Online by Posting C.V.

Invited to Assessment Centre consisting of:
    - Introduction of yourself and the people you may work with (Icebreaker)
    - Individual Interview
    - Group task of a Preplanned task given by employer
    - Individual Task of coming up with a solution in regards to a problem
    - Smaller Group task of building a structure

Outcome of Interview process given back within a week with feedback also provided.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidstone, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidstone, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco in July 2014.

online via CV and cover letter
    some test questions
    one to one with store manager then I had to shadow one of the employees
    get stuck in when you shadow don't just stand there they want to see that you are willing to get your hands dirty and you understand some of the basics already

going to uni

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hertford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hertford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tesco in January 2014.

Application form - straight forward
    Online tests - verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, abstract reasoning
    Telephone interview - why Tesco? Why chosen scheme? Competency questions, How do we stand out from our competitors? What challenges are we facing at the moment? Describe your personal qualities...
    Assessment centre - group icebreaker, individual interview, group discussion task, presentation, group challenge task (build a structure out of paper)
    Known whether successful or not within a couple of days.
    Took weeks to receive detailed feedback.

Interview Questions
    • What are the main challenges facing Tesco at the moment?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco in September 2013.

Applied online, got a call a week later to come in for an interview. A few situation questions were asked e.g name a time where you had to.. type questions.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tesco in April 2013.

interviews and assessment day, potential for a lot of interviews especially if a bench hire. Company based on personal sponsorship. getting on with people is key. They use some evry straight forward competency based questions

tough!