Tesco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Stock Controller Interview

Stock Controller
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tesco in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an interview 2 weeks later then managed to get the job on a 12 hour a week contract.

Interview Question – Why do you feel that you are suitable for this working environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a letter in the post about my induction then received my days that I would be working.

General Assistant Interview

General Assistant
Tonbridge, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Tesco in February 2009.

Interview Details – all done on line, just want to know what hours you can do and you must do weekends

Interview Question – are you aware that there are no permanent contracts just flexy contracts in tesco's favor   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – dont want flexy cotract

Very Easy Interview

Wages and Administrative Clerk Interview

Strood, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tesco in April 2013.

Interview Details – After applying for a job, the very next day I received a call asking if I would like to come for an interview. Of course I agreed. I received an email with all the details for the interview. The day after I received an email from another person from Tesco stating that unfortunately I'm not the right candidate this time. So I called the lady which I spoke to to double check. She apologised and said there is some kind of mistake and that the interview is still on. So today I went for it. To my amazement it took around 5 minutes, I cancelled my schedule, prepared my self, drove 15 miles(one way) just to hear that the position has been filled. Like we are living in the flipping Flinstone's times and there is no phone!Oh by the way there was another position for customer services if I wish(in other word can you fill the shelfs for free today?).Well after such a great news I refused. I'm disgusted how the manager works, her lack of communication skills and being totally disrespectful to the applying person. And that second email I received makes me think that the lady already new that someone is hired. Waste of time. NEVER AGAIN TESCO! I'm so much better than this.

Legal Counsel Interview

Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tesco in January 2013.

Interview Details – An interview with two members of the Tesco Legal Team based in Welwyn Garden City

Interview Question – Have you worked with difficult people and if so, how have you dealt with it? The difficulty with the interview was that I found out in the middle of it that I was interviewing for a role that I could not do as the employer had changed its requirements. It is always worth clarifying this matter at the start of the interview.   Answer Question

International Deployment Manager Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tesco in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process and the recruiter were really good. From the day that I applied to the day I met them and the hiring manager was relatively quick and the decisionof offer was made immediately

Interview Question – What makes you happy about work on a Friday evening   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had to relocate

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tesco in March 2008.

Interview Details – I did my interview at one of the head office and this went quite well. I was not applyiong for a senior management job so I just have to demonstrate my ability to work as a team and being customer focussed

Commercial Manager Interview

Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Tesco in February 2008.

Interview Details – 7 stage recruitment process including testing

Interview Question – How would you establish credibility in the first 30 days   Answer Question

Produce Manager Interview

Produce Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tesco in April 2012.

Interview Details – The worst interview process I've ever gone through. The phone interviews were ok, standard stuff. Instead, the 1:1 were really depressing, felt like a guinea pig. Pivotal point of the in-presence interview process was: build a paper tower at least 2m tall.

Disliked it. Disliked the fake cordiality of the people, which was, instead real deep arrogance.

Interview Question – build me a twin paper tower which is self standing, made only out of folded writing board sheets, and which is at least 2m in height.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Cheshunt, England (UK)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tesco in February 2008.

Interview Details – Standard online application with general management speak questions 'Please describe a time when you showed leadership/working in a team/dealt with a difficult situation/motivate yourself' etc.

On the open day they were kind and looked for people who were confident and stood out from the 30 or so people they invited. Different team tasks as well as 1:1.

For final round it was a three day away trip for 6 candidates. Lots of team tasks solving problems. Felt a lot like they accepted the people who were arguably smart and talkative but a little arrogant at times and a little dull.

Interview Question – What Tesco brand would you be and why?   Answer Question

SALES ASSISTANT Interview

Sutton, London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tesco in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online after carrying out a search with a search engine. I waited a week or so for a response. The interview was very informal. A range of questions but nothing too taxing. I found it very informative about the company and was pleased with how it went.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Tesco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tesco interview questions and advice in London, UK. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tesco employees and interview candidates.