Tesco

Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.5

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco.

Very simple questions; e.g when has someone trusted you with something, basic competencies.
    Smile lots and you should be fine! Also make sure that you are polite as they are essentially testing how well you could interact with customers.

Tesco Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tesco.

Tesco Mobile jobs don't come up that often and usually appear on the careers website, You send in your C.V. and application online. I am told by someone in Tesco that you are assigned points which go to your overall score, these depend on you application. I am also told that the Tesco Mobile roles is a cushy one, with no hard sell, and it's very difficult to get a hired because most/all Mobile positions are taken by people already working in store.

Tech Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Applied online
    Was called a week or two later and asked if I could come in for a interview (one on one)
    Interview was relaxed, questions included were about times when you have had to change your behaviour, a time when you have been under pressure, a time that you have worked in a group.

Interview Questions
    • A time you have had to change your behaviour   View Answer
    Just make sure you have answers to the questions before the interview because If you think on the spot you might not give a good answer

Stock Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco.

Had read a lot of previous interview questions on here for similar jobs before. interview was straightforward, asked questions from a booklet and then interviewer wrote down my answers. questions asked were 1) a time you had a complaint from a customer and how you dealt with it. 2) A time you worked in a team 3) A time you worked under pressure 4) a time you changed your behavior from someone else. there were 2 interviewers both seemed chilled out. after interview i was placed at a cashier not on the tills but just by another employee to see how i was around with customers and other employees. will here back from them in a week

Interview Questions
    • a time you had a complaint from a customer and how you dealt with it. Was thrown by this question as i didn't prepare for it at all due to not coming across it. my own fault i should have prepared more.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

Group interview,The first question tell me more about yourself. The second question explain a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone,
    Very formulaic process, After answering the questions we were split into groups of three.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

I had applied online last week wherein I have filled the questionnaire regarding normal situations at store and how do I respond to them. This week I got a call for assessment at their store. We were 4 people and the session started with introduction, followed by paper tower making of 6" and me n my partner could do it successfully followed by few questions on team work. Then we moved on to one to one interview which lasted for 15-20 minutes with basic questions like what does teamwork and customer service mean to you. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth person and I really felt at ease and comfortable during the entire process. The results will be communicated in a Weeks’s time.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

After arriving the group of six people was split into two groups of three. We were asked to build a 6 foot tower with a three coloured flag on top out of 6 sheets of A2 paper. After this there was a brief one to one interview followed by a group interview where we were asked to discuss what we thought good and bad customer service was. Following this we were taken down onto the shop floor where we did some stock replenishment followed by some time on the check out.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel the here were any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Dotcom Assistant (Personal Shopper)/Deli Counter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

I went to two interviews for two different stores. Both interviews were very informal and laid back.
    The first was for the position on a counter. However we were given choices as to where we wanted to work and had to fill in our work availability. Then in a group we were asked three questions and had to go round answering. We were told we would find out the result in a few days time.
    The second interview was for personal shopper (dotcom). This time there was only myself and another person in the interview and we were asked to fill out forms and then had to answer two questions, again in the group. Then whilst one of us went off onto the shop floor to see how the shift goes, the other was asked about criminal convictions (if we had any) and some other run of the mill questions. After 10 minutes of being on the floor we were told we would find out the result in a few days.
    The questions asked in both interviews were;
    - Name a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer
    - Think of a time you either gave or received excellent customer service (and talk about it)
    - Think of a situation where you had to either adjust or change what you were doing, for somebody else (and talk about it).
    - Name a time you were disappointed or suffered a set-back?

The pay in one store was £7.47/hr, for the dotcom shopper it was £7.88/hr.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were disappointed or suffered a set-back?   Answer Question
    None

Grocery Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tesco.

I had a group interview , there was a few of us in a room we all had to introduce ourselves to the big boss, then she asked us a question all answered one by one, then had to build a tower in groups , then had a 10min break, went back in and had my one on one interview she asked me a few questions e.g. when did you last go that extra mile fora customer , what could you bring to this company. I then was put out on shop floor for like 10mins and then was told I would have a phone call and letter. Had a phone call later that day to say I was successful, I was really pleased and btw it was so relaxed, it weren't like a interrogation room, they were really friendly, and can't wait to start working for them :)

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Applied online, filled out screening test, never took my CV.

Team building exercises followed. Obviously wanted to see signs of leadership and courteous behaviour.

Invited to Interview: Met the store manager and assistant in office (this is in Express store). Introduced selves, asked application oriented questions (what did you learn from x position, etc). Questioned distance to store. Questioned many customer oriented situations (spill on floor, how do you react?).

Interview Questions
    • Customers are arguing with you over the price mismatch, how do you resolve this?   Answer Question