Tesco Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.5

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liverpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tesco.

I applied on-line, the process was easy. I just completed the on-line application and the psychometric tests. Then got a phone call 2 weeks later asking me to come in for a group interview.

The group interview was very laid back, there was 3 Tesco colleagues with clipboards making notes on us. There was 10 of us in total. We sat around a table did a small ice breaker that was simply saying your name and why you want to work for Tesco. We were given an application form to fill in and in that form we had to note our availability etc. One by one we were then called in for a one on one interview with a colleague (I say interview it was really more of an informal chat) during this interview I was asked basic questions such as "why Tesco?" "what makes good customer service" and just a general chat about what makes a good employee in general. I liked how laid back the one on one was.

There was then a chance for us to " have a go " on the shop floor for about 20 minutes, for me this simply involved getting an employee bar code for the self service machines and just did some basic tasks, such as checking peoples I.D's and authorizing the self scan machines, when any problems arose with peoples shopping. Also taking the tags off peoples alcohol / clothes etc. Pretty basic stuff.

We then went back to the training room, had a round up chat about the day and was told we would find out within the week about whether we are successful in our application.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions, all really straight forward stuff.   Answer Question

I also got offered a job much closer to home, so it was in my best interest to decline.

Customer Assistant Interview

filled out form and handed in to tesco store. The interview was a group interview firstly we had to introduce ourselves. The first question was explain a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone and we answered one by one. The second question was describe a time when you have done more than someone expected of you. After answering the questions we were split into groups of three and given sheets of paper, cellotape and pencils and asked to make a tower meeting certain specifications and then present and sell it to the rest of the group.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't any difficult questions but the group task was quite unexpected   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Applied online and was then told few days later to come for an interview. A relatively informal interview with the manager of the department and his manager. Asked some questions about why I wanted the job, my personal interests and my short-term plans. Received a telephone call offering me the job the next day.

Drop Ship Operations Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Welwyn, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Tesco.

Apply Online by Posting C.V.

Invited to Assessment Centre consisting of:
    - Introduction of yourself and the people you may work with (Icebreaker)
    - Individual Interview
    - Group task of a Preplanned task given by employer
    - Individual Task of coming up with a solution in regards to a problem
    - Smaller Group task of building a structure

Outcome of Interview process given back within a week with feedback also provided.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Mersea, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mersea, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tesco.

Online application, consisting of a questionnaire. Then a phone call and arranged interview at the store location. There is then more 'what would you do' questions in the interview, and a short booklet to fill out. Questions consisted of 'Can you remember a time you...' and 'Describe a time you were...'

there wasnt one.

Manager - Head Office Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tesco.

4 stage interview: HR telephone interview; face-to-face interview plus role play; online psychometric tests; 1 day assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • Decsribe the Pros & Cons of the Tesco Grocery website.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Tesco.

I went through an external recruitment company. Then had online tests, verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Then a full day assessment centre involving presentations, group exercises, and interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when a member of your team was experiencing personal difficulties.   Answer Question

Clothing Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tesco.

Individual & group interviews also for first time I got an interview we got questions we needed to discuss between the group and had a 5 minute time limit. And the second time uI got an interview it was we needed to try to build a tower that would stand without falling over and we only got paper & cellotape and a certain amount of time to do it in.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to build a tower as part of a group within a specific time.   View Answer

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Tesco.

I applied for this job twice, the first time I went through a rigourous interview but unfortunately didn't get the job. The second time I applied I was scheduled for an interview at a date that was inconvenient for me. I phoned to reschedule it, talked to a rude woman who promised to contact me. I was never contacted and it turns out the manager hired one of his friends!

Interview Questions
    • The attitude of the interviewer made me feel like I was being interrogated.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hertford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hertford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tesco in January 2014.

Application form - straight forward
    Online tests - verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, abstract reasoning
    Telephone interview - why Tesco? Why chosen scheme? Competency questions, How do we stand out from our competitors? What challenges are we facing at the moment? Describe your personal qualities...
    Assessment centre - group icebreaker, individual interview, group discussion task, presentation, group challenge task (build a structure out of paper)
    Known whether successful or not within a couple of days.
    Took weeks to receive detailed feedback.

Interview Questions
    • What are the main challenges facing Tesco at the moment?   View Answer

Worked for Tesco? Contribute to the Community!