Tesla Motors Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tesla Motors in June 2012.

Initially contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter. Set up a phone interview via email. Phone interview was basically just asking general questions about resume "tell me about your time at XYZ". This led to an in-store interview at the retail location. I was interviewed by both of the current assistant store managers as well as one of the employees that works underneath them (total about 1.5 hours). The store manager happened to not be at the store that day, so I was contacted to have a separate interview with him a week later. We met at a starbucks and chatted for around 40 minutes. I was then scheduled to interview with the regional sales manager who would be flying in from California to interview the final 4 candidates. All interviews had gone extremely well for me with the interviewers basically telling me they liked me and were rooting for me. The final interview with the regional director went really well, and he said his final decision was between me and one other guy. Then, I never heard anything ever again. I contacted my recruiter contact and she said they were still making a decision. Weeks later she said they were undergoing some type of hiring audit. Weeks after that and she still had no information. As the months went by, I lost respect for Tesla. 4 separate interview occasions and 6 interviewers and then nothing? Who does that?

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla Motors

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tesla Motors.

Phone interview was OK, just regular questions. It was somehow rush like a machine asking you irrelevant questions back to back. Unable to expand in detail about your skills and professional experience. Besides, lack of update/response from the HR Deaprtment after the interview was done. Waited weeks before an answer was obtained and it did not come from them, followed up done from my end.

Interview Questions
    • None but questions should be straight to the point or give the opportunity for expanding on the persons skills so they can decide if the person can be a right fit for the position.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tesla Motors.

Phone interview with Tesla Recruiter - "what do you know about Tesla?"
    On-site interview with Assistant Manager and Store Manager
    On-site interview with Regional manager

Didn't go further with interview. Salary lower than expected. I realized it wasn't the right job for me.

Overall, very pleasant experience. Everyone seems very nice and feel passionate about Tesla.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tesla Motors.

I was contacted by a recruiter in regard to an opening for an Assistant Manager in a retail location in my area. When I responded I was set up for a phone interview a few days later. At the end of the interview the recruiter told me that my experience and personality seemed like a good fit for the position and she asked whether I could meet with the Store Manager at the store later that week. When I met with the Store Manager he also told me that I seemed like I would make a good addition to the team and asked me to interview with the rest of the management team that same day. The following day I was then contacted by the recruiter again, told that the team was impressed by my experience and personality and asked to take part in a phone interview with the Regional Manager. I was then told that the RM would contact the recruiter and she would contact me the following week. That, however, is where all contact ended. I have since tried to contact both the recruiter as well as the store manager, and have received no reply regarding the status of my application with Tesla. As everyone I met and spoke with seemed very helpful and thorough until this point, I am very surprised by the lack of communication at the end. Because of this I wanted to share my experience with others who may apply with this company so they might not be as surprised by lack of followup as I was.

Interview Questions
    • If you could choose one cause (political, environmental, etc) what would it be?   Answer Question

Worked for Tesla Motors? Contribute to the Community!