Tetra Tech

2.7

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tetra Tech.

Stay away from this company. They hire people from one nationality and if you are not one of them, you will not be comfortable.
    I had to wait 50 minutes foe the project manager who interviewed me because he was riding the metro coming back from a client's location! Tetra Tech office space is nice but the programmers are not on the same floor, AMTI office space is old, rusty, dark and unorganized cubical offices.
    I nailed all their questions, the project manager asked a question and he requested his employees to answer his question but they didn't know the correct answer. of course I answered correctly and the employees didn't feel comfortable. He brought them in to interview me technically and when they found that I am much better than them, they started asking some tricky questions which was not a problem at all.
    After all, I was told that I will get the job and that the project manager is going to send me an email soon to prepare for the background check. I didn't hear back from him for 2 months and then he sent an email apologizing and he said that he is willing to explain what happened. I replied to his email but he didn't get back to me at all.

Anonymous Interview

The hiring and interview process is what you'd expect from most generic interviews. You'll have a phone screen, then in-person interview. Interview questions are not surprising. Just talk about your past experiences, weakness, strengths, etc.

Entry Level Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Tetra Tech in May 2014.

Process took 1 month. Started with a phone call from HR to set up in person interview. Arrived at tetra tech for said date and had three one on one interviews with human resources personnel being a no show. Standard behavorial and experience questions. After last interview, a tour attempt of office was given. No news afterwards. No attempt to communication after interview to process to either confirm hire or finding a better candidate. Horrible lack of organization by personnel.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tetra Tech in April 2014.

Applied online. Was directly contacted by the project engineer of the office and had a brief phone interview. An interview was scheduled through email for one week later. The interview was very straight forward and laid back. Was given the offer a couple hours later by phone.

Be confident of your skills and background and do your best to relate to the job duties.

Interview Questions
    • What are some related coursework or experiences that you have had that is related what we do at this office?   Answer Question
    Compensation was stated during the interview for the intern position.

Resource Efficiency Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tetra Tech in February 2014.

I initially posted my resume to the company website. Finally received a phone call from the Energy Department HR Manager a few weeks later. I had an initial phone conversation with the HR Manager. A week later I completed a series of phone interviews over the course of a few days. First the Project Manager for the REM position interviewed me , which included technical questions regarding job related experience. Next interview was with the Energy Department HR Manager. Questions and information was mostly HR related areas i.e. benefits, chain of command, company policy. Final interview was with the Department Director which included a meet/greet conversation and finished with a verbal salary offer. Overall it was a good interview process. No real tough questions, just lengthy conversations to really get to know you, as they primarily do phone interviews.

Personal reasons

Environmental Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tetra Tech.

Emails, one interview then lunch. Met with managers, direct reports, and HR. Pretty simple and straight forward. Not a lot of negotiating wiggle room. Not a lot of fluff. Offer in mail and/or phone within two weeks, start date was flexible. One on one time with others…..kind of shopped around a little bit.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any questions difficult or unexpected. They are interested in your experience, desires, and goals.   Answer Question
    No wiggle room

OSP Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tetra Tech.

Interviewed by phone, by the project manager doing the hiring very simple and very down to earth great guy easy to get along with

Interview Questions
    I got my asking price on everytning, be able to walk the talk

Engineer, Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tetra Tech in January 2014.

I submitted my application & I was called within two days for a phone interview (~30 min), and then two days later for an in-person interview (~ 2 hrs) which lasted about 30 min.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was pretty basic- hardest questions was 'Describe a major challenge at a previous job you had to overcome & how did you?".

From the in-person interview:
      1. Describe a time when a project outcome was not 100%. How did you decide when enough was enough? How did you decide when to say the project was finished?
      2. Describe a time in the past when you had a problem with a client. How did you deal with the client and resolve the problem?
      3. If you had to work for someone with a tyrranical management style, how would you handle it?

Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tetra Tech in November 2013.

I applied online for a position at the Ann Arbor, MI office. I was contacted the next day through email by a regional HR Rep and we scheduled an in-person interview for 1.5 weeks later.

When I got to the office, the guy I was supposed to interview with was not there, so I interviewed with two other staff engineers. The two guys were friendly and there weren't any very difficult questions. It lasted just over an hour and they gave me a walk around the office afterward. This was just before Thanksgiving so they told me they would get back to me the next week. That was the last I ever heard from them.

Aside from an immediate thank you email, I never followed up because I wasn't terribly interested in the job. However, I see another reviewer here interviewed at the same office and also never heard from them. I agree with that reviewer that this behavior is very discourteous and unprofessional. Seeing that it happened to us both, it seems that this is standard practice for this office. I would consider this a red flag to anyone considering working for or doing business with this branch.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tetra Tech.

I interviewed many years ago before a small company was bought by Tetra Tech; however, I was the interviewer for many employees that I hired for the company.

Interview Questions
    • I did not try to fire "difficult questions" at interviewees; rather, I always attempted to engage the in a normal conversation to see what kind of person they were and how they would fit in with the workforce.   Answer Question
    My personal negotiation was one on one with my interviewer, who was the office manager at the time, a position that I later took.