Tetra Tech

Relevance Date Difficulty

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

Interviewed at Tetra Tech

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is what you'd expect from most generic interviews. You'll have a phone screen, then in-person interview. Interview questions are not surprising. Just talk about your past experiences, weakness, strengths, etc.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Tetra Tech in July 2010.

Interview Details – It took four interviews to get hired for a job that was created. The whole process took, for me, took over over 5-6 months. The vice President was let go 4 months later and I was transferred to another supervisor, a Director who didn't know what to do with me, and offered little support.

Interview Question – IT really revolves around the premise of being a seller doer. T   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I counter offered and then they counter offered and I accepted.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Tetra Tech in May 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with multiple people from groups to single discussions. The interview was in a good discussion of my skill set and what benefit I could provide the company. I felt it was very informative and productive. Was treated well and got to talk to a broad group of their employees.

Interview Question – Name three or your negatives qualities   Answer Question

Resource Efficiency Manager Interview

Resource Efficiency Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tetra Tech in February 2014.

Interview Details – I initially posted my resume to the company website. Finally received a phone call from the Energy Department HR Manager a few weeks later. I had an initial phone conversation with the HR Manager. A week later I completed a series of phone interviews over the course of a few days. First the Project Manager for the REM position interviewed me , which included technical questions regarding job related experience. Next interview was with the Energy Department HR Manager. Questions and information was mostly HR related areas i.e. benefits, chain of command, company policy. Final interview was with the Department Director which included a meet/greet conversation and finished with a verbal salary offer. Overall it was a good interview process. No real tough questions, just lengthy conversations to really get to know you, as they primarily do phone interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected for the position I was applying.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personal reasons

Very Easy Interview

Project Administrator Interview

Project Administrator
Canfield, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tetra Tech in May 2013.

Interview Details – Worked as a temp employee before being hired directly. I did not have to go through an interview process.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for my position.

Engineer, Senior Associate Interview

Engineer, Senior Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tetra Tech in January 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my application & I was called within two days for a phone interview (~30 min), and then two days later for an in-person interview (~ 2 hrs) which lasted about 30 min.

Interview Question – The phone interview was pretty basic- hardest questions was 'Describe a major challenge at a previous job you had to overcome & how did you?".

From the in-person interview:
1. Describe a time when a project outcome was not 100%. How did you decide when enough was enough? How did you decide when to say the project was finished?
2. Describe a time in the past when you had a problem with a client. How did you deal with the client and resolve the problem?
3. If you had to work for someone with a tyrranical management style, how would you handle it?
  Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Environmental Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tetra Tech.

Interview Details – Emails, one interview then lunch. Met with managers, direct reports, and HR. Pretty simple and straight forward. Not a lot of negotiating wiggle room. Not a lot of fluff. Offer in mail and/or phone within two weeks, start date was flexible. One on one time with others…..kind of shopped around a little bit.

Interview Question – I didn't find any questions difficult or unexpected. They are interested in your experience, desires, and goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No wiggle room

Very Easy Interview

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Engineer
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tetra Tech in November 2010.

Interview Details – Called into office for an interview with 4 other engineers and managers.
Called back a few days later and started job within 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Questions were non-technical and primarily asked about previous employment and experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for this position

OSP Supervisor Interview

OSP Supervisor
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tetra Tech.

Interview Details – Interviewed by phone, by the project manager doing the hiring very simple and very down to earth great guy easy to get along with

Interview Question – Very general and basic down to earth questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got my asking price on everytning, be able to walk the talk

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Mechanical Engineering
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tetra Tech in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a position at the Ann Arbor, MI office. I was contacted the next day through email by a regional HR Rep and we scheduled an in-person interview for 1.5 weeks later.

When I got to the office, the guy I was supposed to interview with was not there, so I interviewed with two other staff engineers. The two guys were friendly and there weren't any very difficult questions. It lasted just over an hour and they gave me a walk around the office afterward. This was just before Thanksgiving so they told me they would get back to me the next week. That was the last I ever heard from them.

Aside from an immediate thank you email, I never followed up because I wasn't terribly interested in the job. However, I see another reviewer here interviewed at the same office and also never heard from them. I agree with that reviewer that this behavior is very discourteous and unprofessional. Seeing that it happened to us both, it seems that this is standard practice for this office. I would consider this a red flag to anyone considering working for or doing business with this branch.

Interview Question – What would be your ideal first assignment?   Answer Question

Worked for Tetra Tech? Contribute to the Community!