Texas A&M

79 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Professional Interview

IT Professional

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas A&M in April 2013.

Interview Details – Brought in and explained the basic background of the organization and current pitfalls. Explained how much work there was to do and how much I would be relied on to complete the work. Expected to be a self starter and to take action where I saw problems. Overall interview was nice, but they seemed to indicate that I already had the job.

Interview Question – How will you be assisting to resolve our current infrastructure issues? We would like to know what technologies you feel we could better utilize.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations allowed.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
College Station, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas A&M in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was nice. Met with the current graduate students and had tours of the facility. It didn't feel like a hard core interview, more like a selling of the lab. It overall was a nice experience. Having helped interview multiple applicants after I was hired, I know that this is the usual way for the department.

Interview Question – What is your future goal?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

Interviewed at Texas A&M

Interview Details – Just applied using jobs for aggies, they called me within the week and asked for an interview. I went into the office, was pretty lax atmosphere. Had the direct supervisor as well as their supervisor interview me generic customer service questions. Nothing too difficult

Interview Question – What did you do when you told someone the wrong information   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas A&M in August 2012.

Interview Details – Informal initial interview via Skype (lasted around 30 minutes). Following this I traveled to College Station for a day of interviews - I gave an hour long presentation about my previous research and had discussions with a range of faculty members (each lasting 30-60 minutes). After the interview I stayed in touch with Texas A&M - I notified them of several other offers I'd had (some of these had approaching deadlines for my response) and they made an offer quickly.

Interview Question – Questions were specific to my previous research.   Answer Question

Student Worker II Interview

Student Worker II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas A&M.

Interview Details – Try and get an interview as soon as possible, because processing times take almost a whole semester. The best way to get in is if you already know someone that works there (a recommendation).

Interview Question – How do you relax?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas A&M.

Interview Details – Posted job in hire aggies
Got a call from the supervisor
Scheduled time for interview
The interview had a few behavioral questions, but most of it had to do with the position that I was applying. The position was at a machine shop in an engineering building, so it required physical activities.

Interview Question – If I can lift more than 50 pounds   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Fellow) Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Fellow)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Texas A&M.

Interview Details – Go over the CV ask me questions related to my CV. Also, I was asked to do a presentation for what I have done so far . Asking me if I am willing to stay more than one year. the interview was straightforward and went do sooth. Be prepared and confident and everything will be great.

Music Hall Interview

Music Hall
College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas A&M in August 2011.

Interview Details – They interview you in a room and ask you about management skills for event planning. They review your resume and you have to explain any work experience or volunteer experience.

Interview Question – What is your experience in organizing events?   View Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas A&M.

Interview Details – This was an informal interview. I met with advisor and viewed labs. I was granted the position on my prerequisites and recommendation of previous employer. This was an informal interview. I met with advisor and viewed labs. I was granted the position on my prerequisites and recommendation of previous employer.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Online Adviser Interview

Online Adviser
College Station, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas A&M in April 2010.

Interview Details – I worked at the Bush School as an online adviser for the graduate certificate programs in Homeland Security and Public Policy. Got a referral and called about open positions. Interviewed a week later in an hour long interview. Received a call the next day and started work a week later.

Interview Question – What animal would you be? It was a very dry interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation.

Worked for Texas A&M? Contribute to the Community!