Texas Attorney General

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Attorney General

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Attorney General.

Received phone invite to interview. Most questions dealt with prior knowledge of the program and experience interacting with employees I previously supervised. Also received questions regarding goals and vision casting.

Interview Questions
    • Did not receive any questions considered very challenging.   Answer Question
    No negotiation permitted as salaries are allocated from a range fundamentally based on public tax dollar allocation for that government agency.

Program Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Attorney General in October 2013.

It took 3 months for me to get hired on. I interviewed in early October of 2013 and started on January 1. I went through 2 interview rounds. I had given up on the position since I didn't hear back for almost 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How I feel about working for an elected official.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Government jobs are very clear in the job postings.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Attorney General in March 2013.

Resume sent in and reviewed. Had two followup interviews. Most of this was handled through a professor's program. I had to do very little to get the interview. I found the who process to be fairly simple for this reason. I might like to work there again in the future as a regular employee

Attorney Interview

I was contacted some weeks after submitting my application by phone to set an interview. I met with the head of the division and another attorney. Everyone was very friendly, and very relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question for me was where I hoped to see my career in 10 years time   Answer Question

Systems Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Attorney General in August 2009.

I was called by the hiring manager to inquire about my skill set. Then he called me in for an in person interview twice. He asked me to describe my past work experience. Then he talked about the range of projects that are worked on. Weeks later he called me in for another interview where I interviewed with three other people that I would be working with. They all were respective experts in their area and I was supposed to know an intermediate amount of each area. They evaluated and ranked my interviews overall and compared against other candidates (this I found out later). The outcome was good for everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an situation where you lead a team through a project and what was the outcome.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation process really. The telecommuting option was not available, although managers are allowed to provide for it. Also, there was no salary range, only a specified salary, so I couldn't go up or down from there.

Attorney Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Attorney General in September 2008.

Panel interview, asked about cases I had worked, asked a few ditzy questions such as "how do you feel about change" and "how do you deal with competing deadlines" and others right out of interviewing 101. Could tell most were bored and didn't want to be there, seemed overly concerned that I actually had other interests besides being a lawyer and arguing with people all day, so I'm sure I may not have fit the profile of aggressive litigator that they were looking for, although 99% of their cases are settled and don't go to trial.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a heated argument with a co-worker?   View Answer
    • How do you feel about change?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Attorney General in July 2008.

One on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Explain an example of a previous project where the business requirements did not meet the customer expectations.   Answer Question
    The offer was the amount I requested.