Texas Attorney General

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Attorney General.

Interview Details – Received phone invite to interview. Most questions dealt with prior knowledge of the program and experience interacting with employees I previously supervised. Also received questions regarding goals and vision casting.

Interview Question – Did not receive any questions considered very challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation permitted as salaries are allocated from a range fundamentally based on public tax dollar allocation for that government agency.

Attorney Interview

Attorney

Interviewed at Texas Attorney General

Interview Details – I was contacted some weeks after submitting my application by phone to set an interview. I met with the head of the division and another attorney. Everyone was very friendly, and very relaxed.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question for me was where I hoped to see my career in 10 years time   Answer Question

Systems Analyst IV Interview

Systems Analyst IV
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Attorney General in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was called by the hiring manager to inquire about my skill set. Then he called me in for an in person interview twice. He asked me to describe my past work experience. Then he talked about the range of projects that are worked on. Weeks later he called me in for another interview where I interviewed with three other people that I would be working with. They all were respective experts in their area and I was supposed to know an intermediate amount of each area. They evaluated and ranked my interviews overall and compared against other candidates (this I found out later). The outcome was good for everyone.

Interview Question – Talk about an situation where you lead a team through a project and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process really. The telecommuting option was not available, although managers are allowed to provide for it. Also, there was no salary range, only a specified salary, so I couldn't go up or down from there.

Attorney Interview

Attorney

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Attorney General in September 2008.

Interview Details – Panel interview, asked about cases I had worked, asked a few ditzy questions such as "how do you feel about change" and "how do you deal with competing deadlines" and others right out of interviewing 101. Could tell most were bored and didn't want to be there, seemed overly concerned that I actually had other interests besides being a lawyer and arguing with people all day, so I'm sure I may not have fit the profile of aggressive litigator that they were looking for, although 99% of their cases are settled and don't go to trial.

Interview Questions

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Attorney General in July 2008.

Interview Details – One on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Explain an example of a previous project where the business requirements did not meet the customer expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was the amount I requested.

Worked for Texas Attorney General? Contribute to the Community!