Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services

Updated Aug 4, 2014
Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.9

Psychological Assistant Interview

Fairly brief and over the phone; at least one year of experience required. 4 participants shared asking questions. I was expected to have a bachelors as well. Following the interview, the hiring process went fairly quickly (within 3 weeks).

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.

Be aware of what they tell you in the interview. Write down the salary when they tell it and confirm that number BEFORE you ever leave the interview room. They will tell you anything they feel you want to hear to get you to accept the job. They have a stupid amount of turn-over due to poor management/training/mentoring.

Food Service Worker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in September 2013.

I applied online on 9/05/2013 through a state website. I found out about the job from the state Work Force Dept. On 09/16/2013 I drove from San Antonio to Austin to interview for this job an another one. The campus was very green with bushes, large trees, and grass. The buildings were mostly very old. I drove around until I found the right building and then, a place to park. I was send upstairs for the interview. The door was right at the top of the stairs. Not very safe. I wandered around and found lots of storage rooms until someone asked me what I was looking for. He said "the same thing happened to me when I came to interview for a job." He showed me across a break room to where the offices were. I was given more forms to fill out and information to read. I sat at an old table in the break room to fill out my forms. I was interviewed by 2 ladies. I was given a very easy test to see if I could understand the instructions I would be given if I got the job. I had applied both for full time and part time so I was asked which I would prefer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe 3 different machines you used while working in a food service job.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst IV Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in April 2013.

Sent my State of Texas application online through the HHS portal. I was contacted by the Systems Analyst V to come in to interview with a small team involved with the budget reporting. I felt the interview went well. While I have applicable experience, they were seeking a person with a little more experience.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one specific question that was difficult, but many of the questions were very technical and detailed in nature pertaining to the reportwriting involved.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.

Complete the online state application. Interviews vary and may or may not include a timed test. Ask about the decision process and time frame expectations -- the process frequently spans several months.

Interview Questions
    It's always worth asking.

Nurse III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in December 2012.

apply online and wait for about 2-3 weeks. candidate will be contacted if qualified for the position. basic interview questions along with in basket exercise.

can't negotiate. set salary

QDDP III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in July 2012.

A panel of 3 interviewed me. The interviewers ran 30 minutes late and I was left to just wait around in some room. No one apologized about having me wait so long passed the scheduled interview appointment time. One of the interviewers had the audacity to knock me for being anxious - she was like, " is this how you are with your clients?" I thought to myself, "Ma'am, this is a COMPLETELY different dynamic!" A very rude and unempathetic bunch. I guess they only care about how smooth-talking someone is, not what they are actually capable of. I have a proven track record of success and deliver quality results. Their loss!

Clerk IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in July 2010.

Initially brought in for a group interview that consisted of working through a packet. Was later brought back for a second interview with multiple supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Overall really not very difficult. Very friendly and laid back and easy going.   Answer Question

Geri Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in May 2010.

Few questions about life and work experience, Mostly about how to manage issues or negative interactions with staff or team members. Very basic type of interview, little information about salary, benefits, and the actual job. No real information about the actual job and the amount of travel and time away from home discussed.

No negotiation

Psychological Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in March 2012.

It took the organization 12 months to contact me.I interviewed with a behavorial specialist, psychologist.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose change careers from teaching to psychology.   Answer Question
    • How can you benefit DadS(Department of Aging and Disability.   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services? Contribute to the Community!