Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Geri Surveyor Interview

Geri Surveyor
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in May 2010.

Interview Details – Few questions about life and work experience, Mostly about how to manage issues or negative interactions with staff or team members. Very basic type of interview, little information about salary, benefits, and the actual job. No real information about the actual job and the amount of travel and time away from home discussed.

Interview Question – How manage difficult people   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Clerk IV Interview

Clerk IV
Tyler, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initially brought in for a group interview that consisted of working through a packet. Was later brought back for a second interview with multiple supervisors.

Interview Question – Overall really not very difficult. Very friendly and laid back and easy going.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.

Interview Details – Be aware of what they tell you in the interview. Write down the salary when they tell it and confirm that number BEFORE you ever leave the interview room. They will tell you anything they feel you want to hear to get you to accept the job. They have a stupid amount of turn-over due to poor management/training/mentoring.

Interview Question – How cheap will you work?   Answer Question

Food Service Worker I Interview

Food Service Worker I
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online on 9/05/2013 through a state website. I found out about the job from the state Work Force Dept. On 09/16/2013 I drove from San Antonio to Austin to interview for this job an another one. The campus was very green with bushes, large trees, and grass. The buildings were mostly very old. I drove around until I found the right building and then, a place to park. I was send upstairs for the interview. The door was right at the top of the stairs. Not very safe. I wandered around and found lots of storage rooms until someone asked me what I was looking for. He said "the same thing happened to me when I came to interview for a job." He showed me across a break room to where the offices were. I was given more forms to fill out and information to read. I sat at an old table in the break room to fill out my forms. I was interviewed by 2 ladies. I was given a very easy test to see if I could understand the instructions I would be given if I got the job. I had applied both for full time and part time so I was asked which I would prefer.

Interview Question – Describe 3 different machines you used while working in a food service job.   Answer Question

Nurse III Interview

Nurse III
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in December 2012.

Interview Details – apply online and wait for about 2-3 weeks. candidate will be contacted if qualified for the position. basic interview questions along with in basket exercise.

Interview Question – in basket exercise   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – can't negotiate. set salary

Systems Analyst IV Interview

Systems Analyst IV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in April 2013.

Interview Details – Sent my State of Texas application online through the HHS portal. I was contacted by the Systems Analyst V to come in to interview with a small team involved with the budget reporting. I felt the interview went well. While I have applicable experience, they were seeking a person with a little more experience.

Interview Question – There wasn't one specific question that was difficult, but many of the questions were very technical and detailed in nature pertaining to the reportwriting involved.   Answer Question

QDDP III Interview

QDDP III
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – A panel of 3 interviewed me. The interviewers ran 30 minutes late and I was left to just wait around in some room. No one apologized about having me wait so long passed the scheduled interview appointment time. One of the interviewers had the audacity to knock me for being anxious - she was like, " is this how you are with your clients?" I thought to myself, "Ma'am, this is a COMPLETELY different dynamic!" A very rude and unempathetic bunch. I guess they only care about how smooth-talking someone is, not what they are actually capable of. I have a proven track record of success and deliver quality results. Their loss!

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.

Interview Details – Complete the online state application. Interviews vary and may or may not include a timed test. Ask about the decision process and time frame expectations -- the process frequently spans several months.

Interview Question – The written test was a surprise.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's always worth asking.

Psychological Assistant Interview

Psychological Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – It took the organization 12 months to contact me.I interviewed with a behavorial specialist, psychologist.

Interview Questions

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in November 2010.

Interview Details – Discussion over skills and application, spent much of the time getting to know interviewer and how I could fit the needs of the organization and position.

Interview Question – Describe your last project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for State employees during a hiring and merit freeze. Strict rules about internal applicants moving up the ladder. If you are coming in from outside State employment you have much more flexibility in negotiation or if you are upper management.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services employees and interview candidates.