Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.7

DSP I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Lubbock, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online, then go for a drug screen. They do a first background check and then another FBI fingerprint check. Then, you go in for an interview, watch a short video that doesn't really accurately portray the job here, and have a verbal interview. It's one of those jobs you feel like you already have it as long as you can pass the interview because they go through so many people that they almost have to hire most people.

Interview Questions

• They give you a sheet of paper showing the questions they're asking you. The questions were pretty easy like, "Describe a challenging situation you've had at work and how have you handled it?" I think one question you write down which is a scenario of what you would do if 2 residents were arguing and one threw a chair at the other one.   Answer Question

Community Care Worker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Application is done online through the Health and Human Services website, no cover letter required. It took about a month to hear back; I was told I met the initial requirements and was invited for an interview. Easy interview process with a small panel of supervisors; some basic questions and maybe one situational question. I heard back within a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your organizational skills? What are some of your interviewing techniques? How would you go about obtaining sensitive information from a client? How would you deal with an irate client? What is your strength and what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Community Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Temple, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Asked a series of questions and had to respond. Took some computer tests on how to schedule out your day. What I should have realized from this interview is that they expect you to train yourself for a job you've never done. Yup. Didn't write that wrong. They want you to train yourself on how to use the computer systems and when you have no idea how to use the software they look at you like your'e stupid.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage your scheduler if you have 100 people to see in one month?   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in September 2014.

Interview

All contact outside of the interview was done by telephone. The interview was a little rote - they had stock questions and took notes, but didn't allow for a non-traditional background. Any informal discussion had to be initiated by the interviewee. I found that they responded better to friendly open comments, and want to like you. It's a small agency, and team-playing is a vital part of keeping business going.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything unexpected; as always it's difficult to sell but not oversell yourself.   Answer Question

Psychological Assistant Interview

Interview

Fairly brief and over the phone; at least one year of experience required. 4 participants shared asking questions. I was expected to have a bachelors as well. Following the interview, the hiring process went fairly quickly (within 3 weeks).

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Abilene, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I was applying my job online in Transportation department at Abilene State School Living Center, and then after seven days my unity director called me to do the interview. He asked couple of questions like how long I was a driver and my answer was 12 years.

Interview Questions

• Dad asked me if I've gotten an interview in the last five years and if so how many   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.

Interview

Be aware of what they tell you in the interview. Write down the salary when they tell it and confirm that number BEFORE you ever leave the interview room. They will tell you anything they feel you want to hear to get you to accept the job. They have a stupid amount of turn-over due to poor management/training/mentoring.

Food Service Worker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online on 9/05/2013 through a state website. I found out about the job from the state Work Force Dept. On 09/16/2013 I drove from San Antonio to Austin to interview for this job an another one. The campus was very green with bushes, large trees, and grass. The buildings were mostly very old. I drove around until I found the right building and then, a place to park. I was send upstairs for the interview. The door was right at the top of the stairs. Not very safe. I wandered around and found lots of storage rooms until someone asked me what I was looking for. He said "the same thing happened to me when I came to interview for a job." He showed me across a break room to where the offices were. I was given more forms to fill out and information to read. I sat at an old table in the break room to fill out my forms. I was interviewed by 2 ladies. I was given a very easy test to see if I could understand the instructions I would be given if I got the job. I had applied both for full time and part time so I was asked which I would prefer.

Interview Questions

• Describe 3 different machines you used while working in a food service job.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in April 2013.

Interview

Sent my State of Texas application online through the HHS portal. I was contacted by the Systems Analyst V to come in to interview with a small team involved with the budget reporting. I felt the interview went well. While I have applicable experience, they were seeking a person with a little more experience.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one specific question that was difficult, but many of the questions were very technical and detailed in nature pertaining to the reportwriting involved.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.

Interview

Complete the online state application. Interviews vary and may or may not include a timed test. Ask about the decision process and time frame expectations -- the process frequently spans several months.

Interview Questions

• The written test was a surprise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's always worth asking.