Texas Department of Criminal Justice

2.2

Correctional Officer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado City, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice in June 2010.

Fill out application, pass background check, do 1 month pre-service class followed by 1 month OJT working all 3 shifts for 160 block hours in the different departments. Then get assigned to a shift..

Interview Questions
    • When placed on shift must write a lot of cases before offenders will leave you alone.   View Answer
    Set amount to start with mandatory raises.

District Parole Officer I Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

I applied for this position back in January 2009 after 6 months of waiting I received a call and was scheduled for an interview at my local district parole office. For the interview, I was introduced to the Assistant Regional Director and 4 Unit Supervisors. None of the unit supervisors asked me any questions, only the Assistant Director. This interview was very structured, questions pertained to Behavioral circumstances, i.e, How would you approach the situation if your offender told you he had just committed a crime? After my 45 minute interview I was thanked for my time and was told that they will reach their decision within the two week period and notify me if I was chosen.

Interview Questions
    • This type of interview requires you to really think on your feet about situations you may not be used to seeing yourself in especially when they ask you a situational question pertaining to a gun being at a home your are visiting for an offender, what would you do?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation with salary. What is posted on the website is what you get.

Lieutenant of Correctional Officers Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice in December 2012.

Depending on the Unit and the most recent mistake done by one their Lt's or Sgt's, Takes a Long time for them to call you for the interview, interviewer is biased. They already know who they are going to hire. They will not hire someone from outside, doesn't matter what experience you have You will not get hired.

Interview Questions
    Not negotiable, Get your experience and get out. There are too many good Jobs in the Houston Area than to be working in a Hot, unsanitary Prison.

Correctional Officer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice in May 2010.

Easy. Fill out application and wait 3-4 weeks. Call back continuously to check status of your application.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are common sense and security related. Most answers are to always notify a supervisor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice in May 2010.

take the test, then the interview after 45 days.

Interview Questions
    • what will you do if you see an offender on the fence?   View Answer
    it is clear

Correctional Officer Interview

Just asked if I have ever worked as part of a team, lady that did interview had nothing to do with the prison you were going to work at or anything.

Lieutenant of Correctional Officers Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Make sure you fill out your application fully, do not leave any blanks and make certain you double check your spelling. When listing the total number of employees you supervised be sure to give the break down in the summary of that job. Be sure to include how you used training to do your job and don't oversell yourself. In the interview process be sure to maintain eye contact and don't look beyond the interviewer or your watch- Questions may be presumptuous and there may not be a "correct" answer but a more logic one. Use your common sense - that's something our agency seems to lack. The overall agenda is to maintain custody and control and to reintegrate into society - that does not me we beat up convicts or rough house, it's more about running a business and keeping the overhead in mind while doing the daily tasks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference in enabling and empowering your employees. and How would you empower your employees?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase - TDCJ is salary based and your rank and months of service determines your pay on a scale. The more capable and "better" employees do not make more money than the others.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amarillo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice in May 2012.

Submit application via mail to HR.

Administrative Assistant III - Executive Clemency Interview

Panel interview conducted. It is near impossible to prepare for the interview, as they have very generic job descriptions which give you no insight as to what types of questions will be asked. Hiring Managers seem only to care about your ability to give a raving public speaking presentation than your actual qualifications and proven track record of successes. They asked extremely job-specific questions and said that your answers had to be based on directly related experience, despite the fact that my qualifications and experience were deemed sufficient based on the original job ad. I have a feeling they already had an internal employee in mind who was moving up the ladder based on their blatant aloofness and disinterest in me as a candidate.

Correctional Officer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Asked simple questions and I gave simple answers

Interview Questions

Worked for Texas Department of Criminal Justice? Contribute to the Community!