Texas Department of Public Safety

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Java/Grails/Rails Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety in September 2014.

I got call the same day I filled out application online. I had interview with them on site. Interview was fairly very easy. There were total of 8-9 people taking your interview. There were no phone interview. Nobody asked me Tech questions but there were some very easy behavior questions.
    I got call the next day but I have rejected the offer because of following reason:
    1. I am the only person who will be required to be on call support at grave-yard shift as well as day shift.
    2. I will be working with only 1 part time contractor.
    3. Offer was very miserably low, but they claim that they have excellent benefit. I have worked for another state agency and I know how their benefits are. They do not give maximum range offer, so better don't get convinced by salary range written on job description.
    4. Work place and culture was very boring and I see pretty much all elderly working there.
    5. I have to give supports to multiple application developed by contractor who already left. i.e. Kind of Application Technical support role.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be working graveyard shift and give Application support to existing application?   Answer Question

very low offer, graveyard shift, poor work place & culture. Its 20% developer and 80% application technical support role.

Assistant Mitigation Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety.

I was interviewed by a hiring board made up of senior and junior members of the division. I was asked and open question about myself and what work I had done before. Then I was asked six questions about how I respond to different work situations. These were not terribly related to the position I was hired for.

Interview Questions
    • There were no "difficult" or "unexpected" questions asked   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Security Officer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety in March 2012.

The process starts with an online application. You then move on to a military style board interview. The board is made up of security supervisors and security officers. You undergo a detailed background investigation overseen by a state trooper (records checks, associate interviews, employer interviews, home visit, etc). Then you go to work.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found $100 on the floor while making your rounds?   Answer Question
    I