Texas Department of Public Safety

Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Officer I Interview

Security Officer I
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process starts with an online application. You then move on to a military style board interview. The board is made up of security supervisors and security officers. You undergo a detailed background investigation overseen by a state trooper (records checks, associate interviews, employer interviews, home visit, etc). Then you go to work.

Interview Question – What would you do if you found $100 on the floor while making your rounds?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Assistant Mitigation Officer Interview

Assistant Mitigation Officer
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a hiring board made up of senior and junior members of the division. I was asked and open question about myself and what work I had done before. Then I was asked six questions about how I respond to different work situations. These were not terribly related to the position I was hired for.

Interview Question – There were no "difficult" or "unexpected" questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Texas Department of Public Safety? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Department of Public Safety interview questions and advice in Austin, TX. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas Department of Public Safety employees and interview candidates.