Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board

Very Easy Interview

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.

Interview Details – "Supervisor" was seriously mentally ill. Called in from out of town for an interview to take place two days later. Interview lasted about an hour with a committee and superficial obvious questions. Was called back for a 2nd interview FOUR DAYS LATER! And a one day notice...hundreds of miles away, which they clearly knew. "Supervisor" could not attend the first interview and wanted to meet me. Went back with the same committee plus one and "supervisor." SAME QUESTIONS! "Supervisor" grandstanded, was incoherent, rambled, couldn't follow a question. It was OVERTLY clear that this was no place to work. But I had been looking for several months. The ONE and ONLY reason I stepped in to this pile was because I was currently unemployed and needed to get to work.

Interview Questions

• The BIG-TITLED person asking me if I had known one of his/her personal friends.   Answer Question
  • How long will you be here, in Austin? Where are you staying?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. They dishonestly advertised a salary range. "Supervisor" said, "It would not be fair if I paid you more than other new hires." "Fair'! Isn't that a word that children use. THECB allows for a flexible daily work hours. "Supervisor" did not allow flexibility and demanded that hours coincide with his/hers.

Worked for Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board? Contribute to the Community!