Texas Instruments Analog Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

On campus screening for personality, past projects, quick question on lowpass filter. Give a 10 minute presentation on a technical subject. Then, questions on situations you've been in, how you solve problems. Then technical questions, what you know.

Interview Questions

• What is a differentiator in the Laplace domain?   1 Answer
  • What is transconductance, gm, of a mosfet transistor?   Answer Question
  • What half plane are poles in to maintain stability?   1 Answer
  • Do zeros affect stability?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

Interview

I'm there for the intern only, nothing too complicated, it only lasted half an hour, 3 to 4 basic analog design block problem, like redesign two single output op amps into one op amp with differential output, or design buffer for the delta sigma ADC. if you get in touch with these often it won't be a problem.

Interview Questions

• I haven't touched the basic MOSFETs for almost a year, nothing seems to be familiar to me now. Though nothing challenging during the interview, but you need to have a solid background knowledge on the IC design.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Interview

BU manger asked dumb questions such as pointless riddles.
    engineers asked highly technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation they offered what I wanted.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

First round on campus by one person, 30 minutes duration includes technical and behaviour questions. second by phone, I did a presentation for 15 minutes and we talk about my work experience and technical question about an hour. The final round is on-site, small panel interview, two people for an hour, total four people. One panel is more technical detailed than the other team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

You get a round of questions and are given 30 seconds to prepare your answer. Nothing to out of the ordinary. They mainly ask for direct experience you have with the area you applied for. Some broad questions. A few technical ones to make sure you know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed in something you tried and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

technical questions over the phone about analog design

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview. The interview was just about what I had studied and previous work. Next I was invited to a on-site interview. HR made the process pretty easy by getting the plane tickets and hotel reservations for me.
    The on-site interview consisted of 2 technical interviews and 3 other personality interviews form various people form the group I was hiring into, one of which was over lunch.
    The way the technical interview went was the interviewers would ask me to create a typical circuits. Finally you also go through an interview with the group manager and HR. Later I learned more about the process which is that all the interviewees email their evaluation of your interview to HR. Then the hiring manager goes over the reviews with HR to make the decision, but the group manager and HR have veto power in the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to go over general circuit architectures like oscillators, bandgaps, and dif amps.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called 4 days later and was told that TI would like to extend an offer and was given a date when I needed to accept by. I had interviewed at another company around the same time and had an offer from that company. After speaking with TI HR, TI increased their offer to an amount I was happy with.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

interview process generally consists of written test and technical interview followed by hr interview. written test contains aptitude and reasoning and technical parts. aptitude was easy but technical paper was somehow difficult. so basics should be stronger if you want to score more and get a chance for interview. sometimes there will be negative marking so avoid guessing if possible.

Interview Questions

• what is rlc transients and resonance related question.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Bangalore (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was shortlisted after applying online
    first round was written
    second technical interview
    analog project will be the added advantage
    I was shortlisted after applying online
    first round was written
    second technical interview
    analog project will be the added advantage

Interview Questions

• first round was written , it had two sections 1) aptitude and 2) analog. Aptitude was easy just basics quant and few english questions. Analog part was a bit difficult 20 questions covered all the subjects in engineering , control system, EDC, MOSFET,OPamps.
      If one is good in Analog he/she could crack the first round.

Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Campus placement starting with the first round of written examination on fundamentals and analytical ability. After that there were 2 rounds of face to face interviews. One technical and the other HR interview. The entire process took one day. Interviews went on for 3 hours. And written examination was 1 hour long.

Interview Questions

• nothing as such, company focuses on good fundamentals and learning capability.   1 Answer