Texas Instruments

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Met the TI HR person at a job fair in Austin, TX, 2 business days after I was laid off from my job there. Scheduled for 2 days of interviews 1 week later, each day for a different position.

The 1st day was for a power management IC designer working in a bipolar process.
    I thought this interview was very difficult. I interviewed with a TI Fellow, a Sr TI Fellow and Senior Member Tech Staff, and 2 others. A full day of challenging questions.

The 2nd day was for a class D power amplifier designer, working in bicmos processes.
    Since I had a lot of background in audio in general, and class D in particular, I found this day of interviews to be very easy and enjoyable. Have never done so well in a job interview as I did on this day.

Apparently, the 1st group's need was greater, because an offer was made for the 1st job, but not the 2nd.

Interview Question – TI Fellow asked me this question: If you're hired, your job will be to design a power supply, that I haven't been able to figure out. How will you go about it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – An offer was made in writing at the end of the 2nd day of interviews.

They made a generous offer, and when I wanted additional items, they gave me those too. They clearly wanted me to stop looking for a job, move to Dallas, and work for them.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had applied online and a telephonic Interview was scheduled. The interview lasted around 45 -50 mins, after which they took 7 days to decide. I was chosen for the on site interview. It consisted of 6, 1-1 interviews and a presentation

Interview Question – Explain the concept of Differential Amplifiers?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details – On campus interview first. She told me that she works as an application engineer and I start the topic from the TI E2E thread. Then She asked some general questions like what do you imagine yourself after 5 to 10 years, how do you and your partner deal with difficulties in project, etc.

Interview Question – The accomplishment in your life of which you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Texas Instruments Videos

Texas Instruments – Why Work for Us?

Look around you. TI is there. Our analog and embedded processing technologies power every type of electronics you touch – from laptops and cameras to auto infotainment systems and medical technologies to video games… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments Analog IC Design Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees and interview candidates.