Texas Instruments Interview Questions in Dallas, TX

Updated Jun 9, 2015

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Knowing people that work in the company helps establish contact. Process was deliberate, well organized and thorough. Phone call by manager established fit for position and comparability with supervisor. Group interview established collaboration potential with team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you got a project back on schedule after it had fallen behind schedule.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was an on campus interview with the hiring manager and one of the leads within the department. I was nervous at first but they were both very nice and engaging which made it easy to dive into conversation. They asked me questions based off of material I had on my resume, and from there discussion was very smooth. We laughed a lot and I got to pick their brains on the kind of work I would be dealing with as an intern which they were extremely informative about. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome ambiguity in a team environment   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to take lead on a project and how your team reacted to your decisions   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I faced Junior level java developer position interview and It went well. It was a telephonic interview. They only concerned about core java, JavaScripts, CSS, Oracle Database, PL/SQL, SQL, and etc. It was not that much difficult and easy too. I made some research about the company and I found out it is a perfect place to have a job. Still I am waiting for their feedback, I hope I will get some good news.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1-Video chat interview
    2-Onsite interview
    They do a 2 interviews onsite. For one you need to sell a travel package and in the other one they just ask some behavioral questions. You need to make sure to ace the sell part and ask right questions during the sell simulation. Be professional and try to be yourself.

Student Program Employee- Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at my University, and applied for the job. A few days later a hiring manager called me and told me to apply for a different job. After that, took a bit of scheduling but I was able to get an Webx interview with two current PE's. I shared a 10 minute presentation on myself with them, then they asked questions about the presentation. Nothing too technical until the end, when one interviewer showed me some technology he was working with and he asked me for some potiential points of failure on the product.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time, being involved with so many organizations while keeping grades high?   Answer Question
    • What are some points of failure on this device?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

This was one of the very different interviews that I had.
    First was the HireView Questions where it asks questions and you have a few seconds to answers. Then it was another interview with a TI employee on HireVue again. The last step was the onsite interview in Dallas. You have dinner the night before with current TSAs which is very casual and you hang out with them. Then you are on site all day the next day. You have a behavioral interview, campus tour then a sales simulation. Overall, the process was not too bad. Just have fun with the current TSAs, be friendly and show passion for TI and what they do and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• The sales simulation was a unique but it wasn't hard to do once you hear it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first is just video recording your answers to questions given to you. The next is a Skype interview with a Texas Instruments employee who was also a member of the TSA program. The last interview is an onsite interview in Dallas.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Answered some questions in an on-line, all behavioural questions, no technical questions. Next, interviewed via webcam. Again mostly just behavioural questions and just going over resume. Was flown to Dallas. Went out to dinner with about 4 other candidates and a couple of current employees. Was very relaxed. Next morning, interviewed with 2 sets of 2 managers. Nothing really technical, lots of behavioural questions again.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Three rounds. The first round was on campus. The manager asked about my project (I could talk about any project). It was more behavioral. The second round was a web-session interview. Two engineers asked about my projects, and asked both technical (they asked me questions based on the project I talked with them) and behavioral questions (have you ever had difficulty working with someone in a team?). They flew me in Dallas for the third round. Two managers each asked me for one hour. Both were heavily technical interview sessions.
    I was not happy in that although I was in for a digital verification role, the first manager grilled me hard on analog circuit and device physics related questions.

Interview Questions

• Draw the inverter's voltage transfer curve and explain what happens in each phase.
      Draw the cross section of a transistor and explain body effect.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Round 1: They had me record my answers to some questions via an online recruiting website. I needed a webcam to record my answers. They got back to me within a week and I set up a time for round 2.

Round 2: Same as round 1 except there as a person live on the other side and we talked about basic experiences and behavioral type questions. A week later I was told I got into round 3 and would be flown to Texas for the final stage.

Round 3: I got flown to Texas and put in a hotel. That night I went out with a group of people that were also there for interviews as well as current people in the program that had only been working for TI for under a year. The next day I went to there headquarters and had 3 mini interviews. One of them was a test to see if I could ask the proper questions to sell somebody a vacation package just to see what questions I would ask. The other two were basic interviews with two groups of two people. They catered lunch as well.

Within a week after I was told I didn't get the job and when I asked what I may have done wrong or what skill I may have been missing the guy on the phone had no idea and said he just calls people to say they got it or not and he didn't know anything else.

Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to simulate selling a vacation package   1 Answer