Texas Instruments

99 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – The interview process included a presentation to be presented in front of approximately 8-10 engineers and two face to face interviews. Took approximately four hours which included lunch.

Interview Question – What does the cross section of a MOSFET and BJT look like and how does it operate?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – On campus interview at Georgia Tech. Not too technical, go over your resume and describe the projects you have worked on at school, what do you like to do for fun, how do you manage your work/life balance etc.

Interview Question – What are some specif tech blogs that you follow and why?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was first recruited at my university's career fair and set up an interview the next day. It was pretty general, just asking personal questions and a lot about my resume. I got lucky though because the recruiter didn't see on resume that I've done a presentation in the past and commented on that if he had he would of made me do it for the first interview. So be prepared! I had a second phone interview with two quality engineers at the same time and they went into even more detail about my resume and threw in a few technical questions but mainly they just wanted to know about projects I have worked on and what machines I have used. The third interview they flew me out to Dallas and it was a day long affair. There were 8 of us split into 2 groups but they made it explicit we weren't there for the same job which was a huge relief. First half was a presentation given by a recent new hire(less than a year with the company) so it was easy to identify with them and more relaxed. Then lunch where you can meet supervisors and managers which was great networking experience. After lunch came our 20 min technical presentation and then 2 separate interviews. The hardest part of the day was the presentation but everyone was really nice so it wasn't too stressful. The fact that there were other students present at this point actually helped a lot so we could kind of cheer each other up.

If you have a really technical project that pertains to the job field definitely go into a lot of detail with it for the presentation. I did and the rest of my interviews weren't technical because of that.

The interview processes for other positions is a lot different though and you might not get to do a presentation. I know for design they set up a white board and have you draw things for them.

Interview Question – The difference between wet and dry etching, which is an/isotropic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very lenient on my start time. The actual offer was a lot better than I was hoping for so I didn't negotiate it and they have really nice benefits.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mixed-signal Test Engineer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Applied the resume by my friend in TI, got a call from the manager later he conducted phone interview for basic technical check, one week later TI bring me to Dallas (I was in San Jose) for group interview, the entire organization interview me and check everything thoroughly, aq very stressful interview experience, from 8:00 in the morning until 4:00 pm, non-stop.

Interview Question – They drew a picture of the circuitry and ask me to explain how it worked, to be honest I had never seen it before, hence I answered terribly on those questions. I believe that is something only those people know, because they worked on it. If I drew my work on the board, it will stun them as well, I believe:)   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the rotational program a while back. I hear its now 50-50 technical vs behavioral questions vs all behavioral when I interviewed a few years ago. You are graded more on your ability to communicate (for rotation program only) and how well you handle extreme situations

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you have lead a team of collegues/engineers on a project or had significant input on a project and it failed. Why did it fail and how did you go about it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated 2x AFTER my offers had expired. If they want you as an employee, they will let you negotiate a bit.

Failure Analysis Engineer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2010.

Interview Details – Employer reached out to me directly before graduation from college. Initial phone interview was followed by an in-person full-day interview, including some technical questions on circuit analysis and on comfort with chemical processing. I interacted with many of the employees in the department, more than my eventual supervisor, to make sure I was a fit for the culture and that all were on agreement on my competence.

Interview Question – Some questions regarding abstract spacial reasoning, essentially brain-teasers. Alternately, I was asked to individually pick alternating bond wires from a packaged device with a needle; the department has discontinued this screen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate (this being my first job out of college) but they were flexible on my start date. You should try to negotiate more than I should, ie. at all.

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2010.

Interview Details – Typical interview, beginning with HR phone screen, followed by on-site interview and then second on-site interview with peers and hiring manager.

Interview Question – What can you do for us?   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Analog Design Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2010.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone interview. The interview was just about what I had studied and previous work. Next I was invited to a on-site interview. HR made the process pretty easy by getting the plane tickets and hotel reservations for me.
The on-site interview consisted of 2 technical interviews and 3 other personality interviews form various people form the group I was hiring into, one of which was over lunch.
The way the technical interview went was the interviewers would ask me to create a typical circuits. Finally you also go through an interview with the group manager and HR. Later I learned more about the process which is that all the interviewees email their evaluation of your interview to HR. Then the hiring manager goes over the reviews with HR to make the decision, but the group manager and HR have veto power in the hiring decision.

Interview Question – Make sure to go over general circuit architectures like oscillators, bandgaps, and dif amps.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called 4 days later and was told that TI would like to extend an offer and was given a date when I needed to accept by. I had interviewed at another company around the same time and had an offer from that company. After speaking with TI HR, TI increased their offer to an amount I was happy with.

Intern Interview

Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1st interview: on-campus, 15-20 min short interview, briefly went over resume and asked me about myself. easy interview, interviewer was very nice
2nd interview: phone interview with 2 senior engineers, went into details on past projects and internships I had done, asked technical questions. lasted around 1 hour. after initial questions, they asked me if I had any questions and it turned into more of a casual conversation

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed to meet expectations, and how did you respond to the failure?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Dallas, TX

Interview Details – I met with the people from TI at an University Career Fair in September. I explained my background and my interests. I got back from them in October, asking me to take an On-campus interview with them. It was an HR- interview. Lots of behavioral questions. Lasted 30 mins. Heard back from them after about 2 weeks, asking for availability for an webex/telephone interview. I was asked to give a 10 min presentation on anything. I presented my Digital Design project. Was followed by 50 mins of technical questions. Very basic questions, concerning my project. I've cleared my second round and waiting on the third and final round.

Interview Question – Very basic question in Digital Design. Some question in Analog IC were asked but i was more of a Digital Design person   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Texas Instruments Videos

Texas Instruments – Why Work for Us?

Look around you. TI is there. Our analog and embedded processing technologies power every type of electronics you touch – from laptops and cameras to auto infotainment systems and medical technologies to video games… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments interview questions and advice in Dallas, TX. All 99 interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees and interview candidates.