Texas Instruments

Updated Dec 5, 2014

3.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

First round interview is at campus. Just some behavior questions about team work etc. After one month, I got the second virtual interview, i am required to give a 10-15minitues presentation( need to use ppt) and then some questions about details of the presentation, technical and behavior questions were asked.

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied through my college's recruiting website. Got an on-campus interview. Then a phone interview. Then I had a HireVue interview (basically recorded me answer some soft-interview questions). Then a skype interview with an engineer

Interview Questions
    • Scheduling was difficult, they weren't super flexible. Questions weren't super hard for an EE as far as I got.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

I met with the people from TI at an University Career Fair in September. I explained my background and my interests. I got back from them in October, asking me to take an On-campus interview with them. It was an HR- interview. Lots of behavioral questions. Lasted 30 mins. Heard back from them after about 2 weeks, asking for availability for an webex/telephone interview. I was asked to give a 10 min presentation on anything. I presented my Digital Design project. Was followed by 50 mins of technical questions. Very basic questions, concerning my project. I've cleared my second round and waiting on the third and final round.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic question in Digital Design. Some question in Analog IC were asked but i was more of a Digital Design person   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

two interviews--one was on campus; another one was phone interview via webex

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2013.

Sept 2013, Initially I had an on campus interview in a career fair. they asked me 2-3 simple and then hard questions and I answered well, then they scheduled an on campus interview.
    Initially they asked the difference between MOS and BJT. I said current noise and so on. Also a few questions on PLL. In the on campus interview they asked about a source follower.
    Then I had to do a presentation of a design that I had done through skype interview. They asked a few questions not so hard regarding that design.
    On the on site interview there were 2 groups. Th first was tough. They asked many many questions on PLL I answered most of it but had not review it so did not answer all the questions. The second group was good only a question on phase margin, stability, simple OTA and also many questions on first order RC circuits. like the step response and so on.
    I though I did very well but apparently was not enough!

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2013.

on campus interview, after one month phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

through campus careerfair

Interview Questions
    • nothing really tricky, all basic questions. things like how to make an inverter faster or write result of a piece of c code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

After applying, received a call asking for an on campus interview the following day. Three workers of texas instruments were the interviewers. Questions varied from personal traits (leadership, good/bad things about myself) to technical (draw transistor level gates, etc). Questions were not too difficult, but it'd be good to review the theory on whatever position you're applying for. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things about yourself you feel you should work on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2013.

First met TI on Campus back in September and had an on campus interview with an employee. It was nothing technical. Just went over my resume and talked a bit about the company and the opportunities. A month goes by and in October I was notified that I made it the the second round interview which consisted of a video conference with two employees. I was to present a design project that I've worked on in school. The presentation length should have been 10-15 minutes and after presenting I was asked both technical and behavioral questions based on the project. The whole call conference lasted an hour or so. Two weeks later I was informed that I was invited to an on-site interview in Dallas, Texas. This happened around November. Onsite interview consisted of an office tour which lasted an hour and then in the afternoon there were interviews. There are two hour block interviews with two panels consisting of two people. The first panel that interviewed me was very welcoming and made the interview a lot more relaxed. They went over my resume and then asked technical questions based on that with increasing difficulty. The second panel was much more intimidating. When I walked in the room, one of the interviewers had already started drawing out problems to solve. On top of that I applied for a digital design role and the second interviewer was in the analog field, so there were a few questions that I had trouble with. After finishing the interviews I was shooed to the airport so I could catch my flight back. I was told that by the end of the week I would know whether or not I got the job, if not then I would be considered for other positions. I didn't hear back from them that week. The following week a manager from TI called me and asked me if I was interested in joining her team and I said yes. A week after that I got a call from a TI recruiter telling me that I will receive an offer for the role that I discussed with the previous manager. Two weeks after I still hadn't received an offer, so I emailed the recruiter and within two days I got my offer. This was near the end of November. All in all, it was a very long and tedious process with a lack of communication towards the end. The offer was competitive based on the area so I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How to make a divide by 2 clock with Verilog?
      How to make a divide by 3 clock with a 50% duty cycle in Verilog?
      Timing questions about min and max slack.
      Why are there glitches when synthesizing source code into mapped?
      Using transistor logic make an inverter.
      Using one nmos, make an inverter.
      Why is it better to use a nmos and a pmos rather than just an nmos for an inverter?
      Difference between case and if statements in verilog
      Using two half adders make a full adder.
      1's and 2's complement questions.
      Write out all the equations for a BJT.
      Given a RC circuit describe what happens with time.
      Solve Op-amp questions.

Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate salary but they wouldn't budge. The salary is competitive for the area. Start dates are very flexible though.

Design Engineer Interview

Phone interview, lasted 30 minutes, with hiring manager. First 20 minutes going through back ground of the group, and my professional background. Next 40 minutes was the "Technical" portion. First question was regarding a signal crossing clock domains. how to handle this with it being a single signal. How to prevent metastability. How to handle a bus crossing clock domains. The second question was on how to implement a clock divider (by 2). then a clock divider (by-4). then an improved by-4 clock divider using a counter. Very low level stuff, but very typical of how mangers at TI like to interview. Have an onsite interview next...

Interview Questions
    • every thing was about the same in terms of difficulty.   Answer Question