Texas Instruments Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

3.1

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

It was an in-person interview from referral. I was asked about the project I've been working on, and my experience on IC design. They also mentioned several different positions, and asked my preferences. Questions were not difficult. Follow-up emails never got replied. Never heard from them for a couple of months. No offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

First I interviewed with a TI recruiter on my college campus. Then after that had a phone interview where I had to give a technical presentation and answer a basic opamp question. Finally, I was flown down to Dallas for an on-site interview. The interview process was fairly smooth and the recruiter was very nice; she coordinated everything well. On-site I was asked behavioral questions (Why do you want to be a design engineer? What skills do you have? etc) as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) Draw the cross-section of a MOSFET, the I-V characteristics and describe nonidealities 2) Voltage waveform of an RC circuit across the resistor and capacitor 3) D flip flop configuration 4) Some tricky circuit analysis questions 5) Design a comparator at the transistor level   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

First round interview is at campus. Just some behavior questions about team work etc. After one month, I got the second virtual interview, i am required to give a 10-15minitues presentation( need to use ppt) and then some questions about details of the presentation, technical and behavior questions were asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview a couple of days after a career fair. Wasn't really hard and the interviewer was very helpful. Overall, I was nervous going into the interview but after I sat down and started answering questions, it felt like an easy process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about basic cmos design and transistor characteristics along with a simple RLC circuit analysis.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Applied through my college's recruiting website. Got an on-campus interview. Then a phone interview. Then I had a HireVue interview (basically recorded me answer some soft-interview questions). Then a skype interview with an engineer

Interview Questions

• Scheduling was difficult, they weren't super flexible. Questions weren't super hard for an EE as far as I got.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I met with the people from TI at an University Career Fair in September. I explained my background and my interests. I got back from them in October, asking me to take an On-campus interview with them. It was an HR- interview. Lots of behavioral questions. Lasted 30 mins. Heard back from them after about 2 weeks, asking for availability for an webex/telephone interview. I was asked to give a 10 min presentation on anything. I presented my Digital Design project. Was followed by 50 mins of technical questions. Very basic questions, concerning my project. I've cleared my second round and waiting on the third and final round.

Interview Questions

• Very basic question in Digital Design. Some question in Analog IC were asked but i was more of a Digital Design person   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

two interviews--one was on campus; another one was phone interview via webex

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Sept 2013, Initially I had an on campus interview in a career fair. they asked me 2-3 simple and then hard questions and I answered well, then they scheduled an on campus interview. Initially they asked the difference between MOS and BJT. I said current noise and so on. Also a few questions on PLL. In the on campus interview they asked about a source follower. Then I had to do a presentation of a design that I had done through skype interview. They asked a few questions not so hard regarding that design. On the on site interview there were 2 groups. Th first was tough. They asked many many questions on PLL I answered most of it but had not review it so did not answer all the questions. The second group was good only a question on phase margin, stability, simple OTA and also many questions on first order RC circuits. like the step response and so on. I though I did very well but apparently was not enough!

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2013.

Interview

on campus interview, after one month phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

through campus careerfair

Interview Questions

• nothing really tricky, all basic questions. things like how to make an inverter faster or write result of a piece of c code.   Answer Question