Texas Instruments Engineering Technician Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I started my conversation and initial interview with a staffing agency. I then was interviewed by the hiring manager and several engineers under the manager. I was hired as a contractor for the first year. At the end of my first year as a contractor, I was hired into the company as a regular employee.

I did not negociate

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2010.

Hiring and Interview process was long (two months) and it was kind of straight forward, with technical and skills questions, with hiring manager and his manager. Your experience and knowledge counts for about 75%, and being like-able counts for the rest.

Interview Questions
    • Having a 10 years gap in my work history, not working in technical field, I was asked: "Why did I change the carrier to a very different field?" I had to come up with a little history, and that was actually a good thing, manager being satisfied with that.   Answer Question
    When asked about salary, I said that " I want the maximum, what do I need to do for that?" Manager started laughing and offered the position, with a very good offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Sherman, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in June 2011.

The hiring and interview process was in three parts. The first part of the interview was a 1:1 with the hiring manager. The second part of the interview was with the direct supervisor. Then I was given a fab tour by two different technicians. I received an offer one week later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you troubleshoot an unfamiliar piece of equipment.   View Answer

The job offer was for $19000/yr less than I currently made

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2009.

I got a call from a staffing company asking me if I want to interview with TI for a position. I said yes and got scheduled for first interview which went great. After the first interview I got scheduled few days later for the second interview and that one was with a higher manager who was awesome. Got the offer and I' glad that I did it.

Interview Questions

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!