Texas Instruments

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – I started my conversation and initial interview with a staffing agency. I then was interviewed by the hiring manager and several engineers under the manager. I was hired as a contractor for the first year. At the end of my first year as a contractor, I was hired into the company as a regular employee.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negociate

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process was long (two months) and it was kind of straight forward, with technical and skills questions, with hiring manager and his manager. Your experience and knowledge counts for about 75%, and being like-able counts for the rest.

Interview Question – Having a 10 years gap in my work history, not working in technical field, I was asked: "Why did I change the carrier to a very different field?" I had to come up with a little history, and that was actually a good thing, manager being satisfied with that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When asked about salary, I said that " I want the maximum, what do I need to do for that?" Manager started laughing and offered the position, with a very good offer.

Sherman, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was in three parts. The first part of the interview was a 1:1 with the hiring manager. The second part of the interview was with the direct supervisor. Then I was given a fab tour by two different technicians. I received an offer one week later.

Interview Question – How would you troubleshoot an unfamiliar piece of equipment.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The job offer was for $19000/yr less than I currently made

Dallas, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2009.

Interview Details – I got a call from a staffing company asking me if I want to interview with TI for a position. I said yes and got scheduled for first interview which went great. After the first interview I got scheduled few days later for the second interview and that one was with a higher manager who was awesome. Got the offer and I' glad that I did it.

Interview Question – How do you calculate Cpk for a device?   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!