Texas Instruments

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Started by applying for the semiconductor manufacturing intern position on the college career website as well as online in early to mid September.

About a month later I get an email stating that I have been selected for an on-campus interview in mid October. The on-campus interview was a general behavioral interview. They specifically asked what I knew about the semiconductor manufacturing process and why I wanted to work in this industry. A week after this interview I get an email that said that they're continuing to review my application and will contact me if they are going to continue the application process with me.

After almost a month with no contact I get a call from HR asking if I was free for a phone interview with 2 plant managers the very next day. I agreed and a conference call was set up, though the details of how to connect were not sent to me until the morning of the interview. The phone interview was slightly awkward as I was talking to one manager for a few minutes before the other one connected, and thus I had to repeat a lot of things I had already said. They once again asked what I knew about the manufacturing process and why the semiconductor industry. The interview was as much informational as it was answer questions.

A week after the phone interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the semiconductor manufacturing process?   View Answer

Decided to pursue opportunities in another industry.

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interviewed for a product/test engineering internship through my university career fair. There was an initial 1:1 behavioral interview (with a very easy technical question) shortly after career fair. After 2 weeks, I heard back that they wanted me to move onto a 2nd round video interview (in 1 week). My video interview was more technical and project based, and they asked me to give a 10 minute presentation on a project I had previously worked on. One week after, I heard back about my offer. They initially gave me 2 weeks to decide on the position, but I was able to extend this (they said they usually don't offer interns extensions, but I was an exception).

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate salary, but I was able to negotiate my response date for another 2.5 weeks.

Intern Interview

I was emailed to do have a phone interview with a list of times and dates. After responding to which time and date worked for me, I never got a response back. They called me on that date and time, and they asked if I had a presentation ready. I had to tell them that I had received no email from them. They still continued the interview asking me technical questions. I received an email about 1-2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They dealt with programming since I had previous programming experience.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate because it was an intern position

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

Met with a recruiter at my university career fair, then scheduled an interview for the next day. Recruiters were very friendly and professional. Asked basic personality questions, it was a one on one interview. It was rather short I was done in about 20 mins.

Intern Interview

Got through three interviews, the interviewers were reasonable and friendly, and the interview went fine. However, I was not selected for the position and never heard back from them even though I made it to the final stage. Bad communication from the beginning, I was disappointed that they didn't communicate.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Career Fair, then an On Campus Interview, which consisted of going over resume and asking more in depth questions, behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straight forward questions, asked about situational questions, what is my biggest accomplishment.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Got an interview through campus recruiting, they interviewed me on campus

Interview Questions
    • They asked many basic EE circuits problems such as filters and op amps   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Phone interview by 2 senior engineers at Texas Instruments. Did 10 mins of technical talk about my background and past projects and had a 50 min technical interview by the recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about my project, so do have great and deep understanding about what you have done in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

1st interview: on-campus, 15-20 min short interview, briefly went over resume and asked me about myself. easy interview, interviewer was very nice
    2nd interview: phone interview with 2 senior engineers, went into details on past projects and internships I had done, asked technical questions. lasted around 1 hour. after initial questions, they asked me if I had any questions and it turned into more of a casual conversation

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you failed to meet expectations, and how did you respond to the failure?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Received an email through my school's career site. Interviewed right on campus. Followed up with a phone interview less than a week later. Everyone involved seems super excited to work for TI, seems like a great company. I'm not entirely finished with the application process yet, but I expect to be recieving an offer soon

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly straightforward. They didn't ask anything specific just wanted to know if I had a general idea of the fabrication process   Answer Question