Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Texas Instruments was honestly very rude and unwelcoming. Any question I asked was met with unenthusiastic responses. They seemed to not care about my personality at all and just saw me as a resume and applicant. I will never recommend this company to anyone, as I can easily rate my experience with them as my worst.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself contributing the the small iOS team we have? We don't have any space for you there.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

They contacted me several weeks after my universities job fair. I had a pleasant face to face interview on campus and at the end he told me I should hear back in two weeks. That interview was not very technical but rather about my interests and schoolwork. I instead heard back a month later that I got to the second round of interviews. They said it would be a technical video interview on their own video conferencing system. Two whole months after I got the email that i moved to the next round they finally scheduled a time for the video interview after many unsuccessful attempts on their end. This interview was completely behavioral after telling me that it would be technical. They asked a lot about the teams and projects that I worked on. They also asked me to explain the process we used to collect data in one of my projects. I was not happy that they took so long to schedule the interview but only hours after my interview sent me an email that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you know you excelled and a time where you know you underachieved.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

The interviewer first told me about TI and info about this position. Then there were behavior questions, focusing on multitask, teamwork and projects. The technical questions are not hard, but he may choose a topic that you may not very familiar with, but with appropriate reasoning it is no hard to get there.
    I didn't get any response for a month after this interview. it's like they don't send deny emails.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about one time that your team didn't work as expected.
      Tell me about one failure.

Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Went through a recruiter after passing through an interview at a college career fair. Three interviews - one at the college, one over the phone, and an on-site interview. Typical interview questions asked; don't put something on your resume without expecting it to be asked as a technical question. Overall a good interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The weirdest part was during the on-site interview where they put the candidates in teams and made them work together to build a structure out of newspaper. Definitely irrelevant to a semiconductor manufacturing engineer, but I'm sure they were looking for interpersonal interactions and "soft skills."   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

3 interviews (2 in person,1 webcam). Total process total took close to 3 months. Had final interview (through webcam) in October, received offer in December. Overall process was alright, just wished it didn't take so long.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss most challenging project, basic run-through of resume, example of how you would debug, why TI?, behavioral questions(talk about a time where you didn't get along with your team, where you found a unique solution to a problem, etc). Some basic technical circuit problems.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Started by applying for the semiconductor manufacturing intern position on the college career website as well as online in early to mid September.

About a month later I get an email stating that I have been selected for an on-campus interview in mid October. The on-campus interview was a general behavioral interview. They specifically asked what I knew about the semiconductor manufacturing process and why I wanted to work in this industry. A week after this interview I get an email that said that they're continuing to review my application and will contact me if they are going to continue the application process with me.

After almost a month with no contact I get a call from HR asking if I was free for a phone interview with 2 plant managers the very next day. I agreed and a conference call was set up, though the details of how to connect were not sent to me until the morning of the interview. The phone interview was slightly awkward as I was talking to one manager for a few minutes before the other one connected, and thus I had to repeat a lot of things I had already said. They once again asked what I knew about the manufacturing process and why the semiconductor industry. The interview was as much informational as it was answer questions.

A week after the phone interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the semiconductor manufacturing process?   View Answer

Decided to pursue opportunities in another industry.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

First round interview is at campus. Just some behavior questions about team work etc. After one month, I got the second virtual interview, i am required to give a 10-15minitues presentation( need to use ppt) and then some questions about details of the presentation, technical and behavior questions were asked.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I was refered by a current employee. After filling out an online application I had an online interview. The interview was automated and I had to record myself answering 7 behavioral questions. The questions were about times that I had to work with an uncooperative partner/ times that I failed at something. The next interview was a skype interview with two applications engineers. This was very technical. They asked me questions about my resume and about my general knowledge of electrical engineerin.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online and had two online interviews. One of which asked to answer a few questions by myself, the other was actually talking to a representative. The questions were not too difficult, but it was hard to convey communication skills while not in person.

Texhnical Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I applied online with a referral and within a few days they sent an email asking for me to take 5 minute "get to know you interview." This was basically a screening to make sure you are able to talk to someone. The next phase was a 30 minute online live interview with a representative. And the final phase was they flew me down to dallas for a welcome dinner and two interviews and a simulation the next day.