Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Product Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The first stage was a phone interview with a 10 minute powerpoint on an engineering related topic (college projects, internships, etc.). The next step was an all day onsite interview with a ton of circuit analysis (mainly op amp circuits not taught in the classroom, but can be solved without too much trouble if you know the basics of op amps). A few basic c programming questions to check if you have ever done any programming... A few questions on how you would approach a problem (broken pcb, inoperative circuit, etc.). The onsite interview included a panel interview with a few members of the team as well. There were a few behavioral questions sprinkled in as well.

Interview Questions

• Which circuit presents a lower input impedance to a voltage/circuit that needs amplification, an inverting or non inverting amplifier configuration?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments (Denton, TX).

Interview

I did a mock interview at my university for a class and it was one my toughest/worst interview I have ever had. TI Recruits heavy from school and the interviewer was being tough for no reason.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The interview was good, a lot of knowledgeable engineers that were engaged and interested in what they were doing. Very technical. I felt comfortable to have an opportunity to work with such good engineers.

Interview Questions

• Show the gain of on amplifier/ improve. Compensation of the amplifier.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them I had other offers, they increase the options and salary

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a call from HR and schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager. After couple of days, I talked with HM on the phone and scheduled an onsite interview. Met six people, over three hours ,and they are all professional and knowledgable.

Manufacturing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Exhaustive and detailed. TI uses a staffing agengy to hire, usless your corporate. They just went through the usual smorgasbord questions that any average company asks. Examples would be but are not verbatium. Are you a team player? Can you give us an example of a situation in which you blah, blah, blah.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Knowing people that work in the company helps establish contact. Process was deliberate, well organized and thorough. Phone call by manager established fit for position and comparability with supervisor. Group interview established collaboration potential with team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you got a project back on schedule after it had fallen behind schedule.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was an on campus interview with the hiring manager and one of the leads within the department. I was nervous at first but they were both very nice and engaging which made it easy to dive into conversation. They asked me questions based off of material I had on my resume, and from there discussion was very smooth. We laughed a lot and I got to pick their brains on the kind of work I would be dealing with as an intern which they were extremely informative about. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome ambiguity in a team environment   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to take lead on a project and how your team reacted to your decisions   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I faced Junior level java developer position interview and It went well. It was a telephonic interview. They only concerned about core java, JavaScripts, CSS, Oracle Database, PL/SQL, SQL, and etc. It was not that much difficult and easy too. I made some research about the company and I found out it is a perfect place to have a job. Still I am waiting for their feedback, I hope I will get some good news.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was swift and very transparent. Three step process. Screening video interview, web interview, on-site interview. HR was very helpful, they provided a dinner the night before the interview with all of the candidates, I enjoyed the process and the employees that were currently in the program.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1-Video chat interview 2-Onsite interview They do a 2 interviews onsite. For one you need to sell a travel package and in the other one they just ask some behavioral questions. You need to make sure to ace the sell part and ask right questions during the sell simulation. Be professional and try to be yourself.