Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

The Process took about 3 weeks. Applied at my school's career fair. Did an interview on campus couple of days later (completely behavioral). Had an online interview 10 days later for about an hour (completely behavioral): Team leadership experiences, bad teams that you have been a part of and how did you handle the situation, Hardest class you have taken and how did you manage to pass or do well. About 10 days later had an interview on-site. Did two interviews back to back. One simulation (you need to sell something to the interviewer) and the other one was a panel interview. Make sure you ask A LOT OF questions from the interviewer (client) during the simulation interview to make sure you understand the situation and needs of the costumer. Very positive experience. HRs were very helpful and super nice so were the interviewers. Make sure you have enough practice for the simulation part before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about your internships or volunteer works. tell us about a time where you made a big decision in a team and the succeeded.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

First I interviewed with a TI recruiter on my college campus. Then after that had a phone interview where I had to give a technical presentation and answer a basic opamp question. Finally, I was flown down to Dallas for an on-site interview. The interview process was fairly smooth and the recruiter was very nice; she coordinated everything well. On-site I was asked behavioral questions (Why do you want to be a design engineer? What skills do you have? etc) as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Draw the cross-section of a MOSFET, the I-V characteristics and describe nonidealities
      2) Voltage waveform of an RC circuit across the resistor and capacitor
      3) D flip flop configuration
      4) Some tricky circuit analysis questions
      5) Design a comparator at the transistor level

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Apply thru college career fair.
    - Got campus interview the day after the career fair. Almost all behavioral questions. Talk a little bit about my project on resume.
    - 3 weeks later got a virtual interview thru internet. Again, almost all basic behavioral questions. Only 2 "technical questions" asking about voltage divider and basic RC circuit. Also, they required me to prepare a 10 min presentation for whatever topic I like. I talked about my senior design project. The manager asked a lot of questions regarding to it.
    - One month After the virtual interview I received an email indicating that my interview went well and next step will be onsite interview. It took about 2 month to schedule and reschedule for it. During onsite interview there are also a lot of behavioral questions. I think this is because this role is not so "technical" so that they rather like to see how could you deal with problems.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult course you have taken? How did you deal with it?
      Provide an example on a certain course or project that you didn't do as well, explain why.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

1) Applied Online
    2) 10 Minute Presentation over the phone with screen share
    Questions about project and some behavioral questions
    3) On site interview - they were very generous with taking care of you
    Both Behavioral and Technical Questions

Interview Questions
    • review your semiconductor physics, transistors, and amplifier cicuits   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2015.

Applied through job fair and talked to a university recruiter. University recruiter liked my resume, so she set me up with the first interview. First interview was basically behavioral, like why you want to work here, and etc. second interview is with two senior engineers and is a video conference with a 10 minute presentation about your self. The other minutes are basically technical questions.

Applications Engineer Program Interview

First one was a video interview using Hirevue. Seven behavioral questions. Second round involved another interview via Hirevue with two managers. Both were very high up and was pretty intimidating. Asked about my project, work and extracurricular activities.

Interview Questions
    • Not extremely difficult but they were definitely looking for design experience   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Texas Instruments was honestly very rude and unwelcoming. Any question I asked was met with unenthusiastic responses. They seemed to not care about my personality at all and just saw me as a resume and applicant. I will never recommend this company to anyone, as I can easily rate my experience with them as my worst.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself contributing the the small iOS team we have? We don't have any space for you there.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

They contacted me several weeks after my universities job fair. I had a pleasant face to face interview on campus and at the end he told me I should hear back in two weeks. That interview was not very technical but rather about my interests and schoolwork. I instead heard back a month later that I got to the second round of interviews. They said it would be a technical video interview on their own video conferencing system. Two whole months after I got the email that i moved to the next round they finally scheduled a time for the video interview after many unsuccessful attempts on their end. This interview was completely behavioral after telling me that it would be technical. They asked a lot about the teams and projects that I worked on. They also asked me to explain the process we used to collect data in one of my projects. I was not happy that they took so long to schedule the interview but only hours after my interview sent me an email that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you know you excelled and a time where you know you underachieved.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

The interviewer first told me about TI and info about this position. Then there were behavior questions, focusing on multitask, teamwork and projects. The technical questions are not hard, but he may choose a topic that you may not very familiar with, but with appropriate reasoning it is no hard to get there.
    I didn't get any response for a month after this interview. it's like they don't send deny emails.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about one time that your team didn't work as expected.
      Tell me about one failure.

Applications Rotation Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2015.

Submitted my application online after talking to one of the recruiters at my school's career fair. I got an e-mail about the 1st round of interview 2 days later. I was given a 48-hour deadline to record myself answering about 7 behavioral questions for 20 minutes. All questions were quite simple but it can be a little tough if you haven't thought about them before (such as when did you find your way of doing something ineffective and had to change it?). I thought I did pretty bad and I wasn't surprised to receive a rejection letter. However, for some reason, TI decided me to include me in the 2nd round of interviews. This time it was a virtual interview with an interviewer. The questions were similar and again behavioral but more in-depth. The interview really wanted me to back up my answers with projects I did in school and not any class but classes on engineering. Make sure you are ready to describe them and mention what your role was. Although I felt confident about the 2nd round interview, I was not able to move on any further.

Interview Questions
    • When did you find your way of doing something ineffective and had to change it up to succeed?

Talk about a tough team project experience. How did you overcome the challenges?