Texas Instruments

Getting the Interview

366 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Design Engineer Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Gave a presentation. Had round table discussions with groups. Had one on one or two on one meetings.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question. The whole interview process was quite easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not neogotiate

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details – BU manger asked dumb questions such as pointless riddles.
engineers asked highly technical questions.

Interview Question – asked to design PLL on the spot including equations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation they offered what I wanted.

Product Marketing Engineer Intern Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2013.

Interview Details – I talked to on-campus recruiters at my university's career fair about my experience, what i was interested in, etc. They invited me for an on-campus interview later that week. The on-campus interview was about 30min and the woman asked me some questions but also told me a lot about what she did as a sales engineer. I received a somewhat cryptic followup email about "we were pleased to meet with you, we will let you know if we have any positions meeting your qualifications." I then received a formal invitation to interview again. This time it was through a service called HireView, where i had to complete a video interview where they flashed a question for :30s then i had 1min to record my answer before the next question popped up. I then was invited for a final interview, also through the HireView site, but this time with a manager. I was then emailed a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – Questions included: Explain how an op-amp works. What is the greatest struggle you have encountered and what did you do about it? What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was found at a job fair on my campus. I was then called unexpectedly a few weeks later and asked if I could fly from my campus to Texas within the week. I was on the plane two days later with hotel accommodations made by TI. When I arrive I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and went to my interview in the morning. I directly to my site at RFAB where I met my contact and he led me to the interview room. 8 people were present and each asked several questions. Most were behavioral questions and situational questions.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work nights? That was the most unexpected question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called back 2 weeks later and offered the position. The benefits and salary were perfect and would have been silly to negotiate or change. For someone who just graduated from college a 60,000.00 dollar a year job sounded amazing. In hind sight I wish I wouldn't have been blinded by the dollar amount.

Analog Design Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Interviewed via university recruiting in October, strictly behavioral. Followed up in January with second online interview and third interview with manager a week later.

Interview Question – Give a 10 minute presentation on a class or research project of your choice.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New College Hire Interview

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details – I had one itpnitail in person interview on campus which was just describing my resume and activities. Second interview was a phone interview with two hiring managers, half behavior and half technical. The next step was in person in dallas I had to give a 10 minute presentation in front of 8 managers, and then a series of behavioral interviews and then agroup interview with all candidates and all hiring managers

Interview Question – The group interview was very challenging   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Talked the a recruiter at an on campus info session. Then had a video conference interview and for the final round of interviews I was brought to their campus in Dallas, TX. Everyone was super nice and made me feel extremely comfortable during this whole process. Amanda T is the best recruiter I have even worked with, so on top of everything and always willing to answer any questions I had.

Interview Question – During my on campus interview I had to teach the guy something I've learned in class. Op amps are always a good choice. They also asked about A/D converters. Other than that not too much technical stuff, mostly personality based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for the rotational program but their offer was great!

Quality Engineer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – The interview process included a presentation to be presented in front of approximately 8-10 engineers and two face to face interviews. Took approximately four hours which included lunch.

Interview Question – What does the cross section of a MOSFET and BJT look like and how does it operate?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Very friendly, but will pound you with difficult interview questions. They say they don't expect most people to get them right, but what that sounds like to me is they pick the ones who do.

Interview Question – Designing a logic circuit that would SEEM easy, but was truly much harder than expected   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was asked for on-campus interview. Standard questions for technical sales took place such as " Why would you want to be a sales person?" or "Are you aware of the differences between Application Engineer and Tech. Sales" to confirm your attendance to the information session previous night.

During 30 min. webcam interview, you are asked some behavoural questions as well as " what are the qualities of a tech sales person", "do you love to win or hate to lose?".

During on site interview, you are asked to sell a vacation package. This is not very formal as they help you during the process and provide feedback. However, there is a 45 min behavioural interview with 2 regional sales/marketing managers. Try to be very communicative and talkative to demonstrate your sales side.

Interview Question – How to persuade someone to buy a product?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Texas Instruments Videos

Texas Instruments – Why Work for Us?

Look around you. TI is there. Our analog and embedded processing technologies power every type of electronics you touch – from laptops and cameras to auto infotainment systems and medical technologies to video games… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments interview questions and advice. All 366 interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees and interview candidates.