Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

Cannot Divulge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2010.

Excellent interview although interviewed by three people simultaneously each with very different backgrounds which made answering questions cumbersome at times in order to relate to each of them individually at the same time. Each asked me about my background and how I might handle specific situations. This position was new ground for them so their questions were rather vauge. Once I understood what they were looking for I was better able to interject information that perhaps they had not considered. This gave them the realization I had the necessary experience and knowledge and how it would apply to their requirements. They were obviously impressed and approved me the following day.

Interview Questions
    • It was friendly, pleasant and easy interview with no difficult questions. What they were seeking was new ground for them so they were in discovery mode of what would be necessary and my background strengths helped them to realize what they needed at that point in time.   View Answer

Product/Test Engineer Interview

interviewed at Texas Instruments in June 2010.

Initial contact by email from hiring manager, followed by ~45 minute phone screen that covered items from education detail to last job responsibilities. An onsite interview was set up soon after. Met with 8-9 people overall, mix of managers and individual contributors. Two 2-2.5 hour group interviews - one more technical, one more behavioral, with a lunch in between. Interviewers were friendly and positive in general.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions about device physics and different test modes. Did not push the issue if I didn't know the answer to a particular question.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

-First a phone interview or on campus interview
    -Will fly applicant to sales office or to Dallas Headquarters
    -Interview with 2-3 Managers
    -Asked to sell a vacation package (Sales Simulation)
    -Leadership role questions
    -Interpersonal skills evaluation

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied through my college's recruiting website. Got an on-campus interview. Then a phone interview. Then I had a HireVue interview (basically recorded me answer some soft-interview questions). Then a skype interview with an engineer

Interview Questions
    • Scheduling was difficult, they weren't super flexible. Questions weren't super hard for an EE as far as I got.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

After applying, received a call asking for an on campus interview the following day. Three workers of texas instruments were the interviewers. Questions varied from personal traits (leadership, good/bad things about myself) to technical (draw transistor level gates, etc). Questions were not too difficult, but it'd be good to review the theory on whatever position you're applying for. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things about yourself you feel you should work on?   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2010.

Start from HR for evaluation of papers then interview to current position needed by Department Manager
    After completing all requirements needed orientation for 1 week before deploy in the line. Medical check up was shoulder by the company result will be given if you are passs on the medical fit test.

Program Manager Interview

I was initially contacted by the Manager I'd be working for and interviewed over the phone. I had another phone interview by another person in the department. I then was called in for on-site interviews with the Manager and three other members of the team. The on-site interviews were very thorough and took nearly 6 hours (they did take me out for an hour long lunch). A few days later I received a call from a TI recruiter from their corporate HR department indicating that the manager wanted to extend an offer. I went through a negotiation period with the HR person where we reached agreement, he extended an offer verbally and overnighted a written offer to me.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2010.

two rounds of phone interview, then on-site interview and finally some phone interviews again with upper management. On-site interview was pretty technical and the team was friendly. The whole process was taking a bit too long than what I would expected.

the offer met my expectation so no negotiation was needed

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2010.

Direct questions relevant to the job. No surprises but have to know what you are talking about. Questions were mostly technical. It was group interview with people whom you have to work with.

No negotiation. Just accepted

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2012.

applied through job fair at college, I received an email for the interview, with date, time and the location. They were multiple interviewer, each one in a different room, they call the name of the person waiting and take you to a room for a one o one interview.

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!