Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

I'm there for the intern only, nothing too complicated, it only lasted half an hour, 3 to 4 basic analog design block problem, like redesign two single output op amps into one op amp with differential output, or design buffer for the delta sigma ADC. if you get in touch with these often it won't be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • I haven't touched the basic MOSFETs for almost a year, nothing seems to be familiar to me now. Though nothing challenging during the interview, but you need to have a solid background knowledge on the IC design.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

-First a phone interview or on campus interview
    -Will fly applicant to sales office or to Dallas Headquarters
    -Interview with 2-3 Managers
    -Asked to sell a vacation package (Sales Simulation)
    -Leadership role questions
    -Interpersonal skills evaluation

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied through my college's recruiting website. Got an on-campus interview. Then a phone interview. Then I had a HireVue interview (basically recorded me answer some soft-interview questions). Then a skype interview with an engineer

Interview Questions
    • Scheduling was difficult, they weren't super flexible. Questions weren't super hard for an EE as far as I got.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I was initially contacted by the Manager I'd be working for and interviewed over the phone. I had another phone interview by another person in the department. I then was called in for on-site interviews with the Manager and three other members of the team. The on-site interviews were very thorough and took nearly 6 hours (they did take me out for an hour long lunch). A few days later I received a call from a TI recruiter from their corporate HR department indicating that the manager wanted to extend an offer. I went through a negotiation period with the HR person where we reached agreement, he extended an offer verbally and overnighted a written offer to me.

Senior Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

was pretty easy. I had had an offer from them before, so I just contacted the hiring manager directly since I kept his contact. They needed specific skill that I had in addition to overall analog skill set. I had number of offers, and they matched the best I had

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but perhaps I should've

Product Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Done by hiring manager and a couple of techies; meeting with manager of the manager is a good sign. HR gets involved at the tail-end of the process, if an offer is pending.

Interview Questions
    • A few test questions (e.g., calculate exact angle between two hands of a clock) - idea is to assess the thought process of the candidate.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Got through three interviews, the interviewers were reasonable and friendly, and the interview went fine. However, I was not selected for the position and never heard back from them even though I made it to the final stage. Bad communication from the beginning, I was disappointed that they didn't communicate.

Process Engineering Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Very little to it - I think they wanted someone asap and my resume seemed to fit what they wanted. Asked very few questions - mostly when could I start.

Interview Questions
    • Really no hard questions or unexpected situations at all.   Answer Question
    There was little to no negotiation - I needed the job.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2014.

I applied online, then a few weeks later I was chosen to do a video interview with a Sales Manager. I made it to the next round of interviews in which TI flew me up to Novi, Michigan. I did two interviews there, the first one I was asked to sell a time share, the second interview was all behavioral questions.

Finance & Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I initially connected with the company at a campus career fair where I was offered a 1:1 interview. After that, I was aked to do an online video interview where I recorded resposes to posted questions. Finally, I was flown into Dallas with a group of about 20 other candidates where there were multiple interviews, a meeting with company higher-ups, and a tour of the facilities. and then in person visit with group of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Started discussing a class project where I did a discounted cash flow and a manager asked if I had done on for TI   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!