Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Started by applying for the semiconductor manufacturing intern position on the college career website as well as online in early to mid September.

About a month later I get an email stating that I have been selected for an on-campus interview in mid October. The on-campus interview was a general behavioral interview. They specifically asked what I knew about the semiconductor manufacturing process and why I wanted to work in this industry. A week after this interview I get an email that said that they're continuing to review my application and will contact me if they are going to continue the application process with me.

After almost a month with no contact I get a call from HR asking if I was free for a phone interview with 2 plant managers the very next day. I agreed and a conference call was set up, though the details of how to connect were not sent to me until the morning of the interview. The phone interview was slightly awkward as I was talking to one manager for a few minutes before the other one connected, and thus I had to repeat a lot of things I had already said. They once again asked what I knew about the manufacturing process and why the semiconductor industry. The interview was as much informational as it was answer questions.

A week after the phone interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the semiconductor manufacturing process?   View Answer

Decided to pursue opportunities in another industry.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

First round interview is at campus. Just some behavior questions about team work etc. After one month, I got the second virtual interview, i am required to give a 10-15minitues presentation( need to use ppt) and then some questions about details of the presentation, technical and behavior questions were asked.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I was refered by a current employee. After filling out an online application I had an online interview. The interview was automated and I had to record myself answering 7 behavioral questions. The questions were about times that I had to work with an uncooperative partner/ times that I failed at something. The next interview was a skype interview with two applications engineers. This was very technical. They asked me questions about my resume and about my general knowledge of electrical engineerin.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online and had two online interviews. One of which asked to answer a few questions by myself, the other was actually talking to a representative. The questions were not too difficult, but it was hard to convey communication skills while not in person.

Texhnical Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I applied online with a referral and within a few days they sent an email asking for me to take 5 minute "get to know you interview." This was basically a screening to make sure you are able to talk to someone. The next phase was a 30 minute online live interview with a representative. And the final phase was they flew me down to dallas for a welcome dinner and two interviews and a simulation the next day.

Technical Sales Engineering Rotation Program Interview

Started at the on-campus career fair, where I approached TI's booth and spoke with a rep in tech sales. After discussing my interest and qualifications, I was informed of their interest to do on on-site 30 minute interview a few hours later. When I returned for the interview I was asked a variety of behavioral questions, with a lot of "describe a time when/where you" questions, specifically with questions such as "failed" "encourtered hardship" "had a co-worker not contributing" as well as "describe how a transistor works to us if we were joe-schmoes." After this interview, I was told I would be contacted if they wanted to continue the process. I was then contacted two weeks later via email & phone, and was directed to an online interview process to be completed in the next 48 hours. I then went online and was asked 6 questions, 5 about specific times where I encountered some sort of relationship-based hardship or success. Heavy emphasis on "Talk about a specific time". After that, I was contacted for an interview with a hiring manager, scheduled for one hour. He wasn't too friendly and really emphasized technical aptitude, whereas the prior interview emphasized more behavioral. I struggled with pulling out specific incidences he was looking for. Questions included tell me a time you had a problem in a relationship with someone and how it came out, tell me a time where you did something very challenging, tell me a time where you had no answers but had to make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time where you had no answers but had to make a decision   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interviewed for a product/test engineering internship through my university career fair. There was an initial 1:1 behavioral interview (with a very easy technical question) shortly after career fair. After 2 weeks, I heard back that they wanted me to move onto a 2nd round video interview (in 1 week). My video interview was more technical and project based, and they asked me to give a 10 minute presentation on a project I had previously worked on. One week after, I heard back about my offer. They initially gave me 2 weeks to decide on the position, but I was able to extend this (they said they usually don't offer interns extensions, but I was an exception).

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate salary, but I was able to negotiate my response date for another 2.5 weeks.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

First interview was in person and were behavioral questions. The only technical questions was at the end. Question: Describe the voltage characteristics of a battery and a capacitor in parallel.

Second interview was over the phone. They wanted to know about specifics about the projects I have completed.

Third interview is on onsite. I have yet to be interviewed. No offer yet if any.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

At career fair in my college, they scheduled an on campus interview for the next day. I passed that first interview and they scheduled the second and final interview. I haven't done the second interview, which is supposed to be a phone interview yet. During the first interview they just asked about my projects and what I wanted to do as an intern.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, didn't ask any scary technical questions, mostly stuff about projects.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Got an interview through on-campus recruiting. I was expecting a heavily technical interview, but it was pretty relaxed. Most of the interview was me explaining past projects that I had done.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you've taken on a leadership role and how you dealt with conflicts within the team.   Answer Question
    none, this was an internship position