Texas Instruments Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014
393 interviews

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied through my college's recruiting website. Got an on-campus interview. Then a phone interview. Then I had a HireVue interview (basically recorded me answer some soft-interview questions). Then a skype interview with an engineer

Interview Questions
    • Scheduling was difficult, they weren't super flexible. Questions weren't super hard for an EE as far as I got.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

After applying, received a call asking for an on campus interview the following day. Three workers of texas instruments were the interviewers. Questions varied from personal traits (leadership, good/bad things about myself) to technical (draw transistor level gates, etc). Questions were not too difficult, but it'd be good to review the theory on whatever position you're applying for. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things about yourself you feel you should work on?   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2010.

Start from HR for evaluation of papers then interview to current position needed by Department Manager
    After completing all requirements needed orientation for 1 week before deploy in the line. Medical check up was shoulder by the company result will be given if you are passs on the medical fit test.

Program Manager Interview

I was initially contacted by the Manager I'd be working for and interviewed over the phone. I had another phone interview by another person in the department. I then was called in for on-site interviews with the Manager and three other members of the team. The on-site interviews were very thorough and took nearly 6 hours (they did take me out for an hour long lunch). A few days later I received a call from a TI recruiter from their corporate HR department indicating that the manager wanted to extend an offer. I went through a negotiation period with the HR person where we reached agreement, he extended an offer verbally and overnighted a written offer to me.

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2010.

two rounds of phone interview, then on-site interview and finally some phone interviews again with upper management. On-site interview was pretty technical and the team was friendly. The whole process was taking a bit too long than what I would expected.

the offer met my expectation so no negotiation was needed

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2010.

Direct questions relevant to the job. No surprises but have to know what you are talking about. Questions were mostly technical. It was group interview with people whom you have to work with.

No negotiation. Just accepted

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2012.

applied through job fair at college, I received an email for the interview, with date, time and the location. They were multiple interviewer, each one in a different room, they call the name of the person waiting and take you to a room for a one o one interview.

Senior Analog Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

was pretty easy. I had had an offer from them before, so I just contacted the hiring manager directly since I kept his contact. They needed specific skill that I had in addition to overall analog skill set. I had number of offers, and they matched the best I had

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but perhaps I should've

Product Engineering Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Done by hiring manager and a couple of techies; meeting with manager of the manager is a good sign. HR gets involved at the tail-end of the process, if an offer is pending.

Interview Questions
    • A few test questions (e.g., calculate exact angle between two hands of a clock) - idea is to assess the thought process of the candidate.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in June 2012.

Had initial phone interview with HR recruiter. After phone interview, I met with two of the regional managers in the office and had two separate 1:1 interviews that each lasted roughly 30 minutes. Questions were straightfoward and not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you dealt with stress and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!