Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

It was a straightforward interviewing process. They called me for an interview within days that i submitted the application online. They really want to know the process that you take when doing a certain task/question.

Product Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Interview was over the phone, which lasted for about an hour and a half. He went over his role, some information on my resume, and then asked me some general engineering questions related to some projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• When would you choose an inverting and non-inverting op-amp configuration for a thermistor circuit, and why?   Answer Question
    • What are some ideal characteristics of an op-amp?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Co-Op Conversion interview with VP of Sales & Marketing. Discussion of "why sales" and the ideals of both company and preferences to sales or marketing opportunities. Discussion was high level and somewhat one sided, lasting about 45 minutes.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Had to present a technical project I had worked on and answer questions about it. Also had behavioral in person interview and 2nd semi technical phone 1 on 1. All in all not too bad, technical knowledge was needed though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The first stage was a phone interview with a 10 minute powerpoint on an engineering related topic (college projects, internships, etc.). The next step was an all day onsite interview with a ton of circuit analysis (mainly op amp circuits not taught in the classroom, but can be solved without too much trouble if you know the basics of op amps). A few basic c programming questions to check if you have ever done any programming... A few questions on how you would approach a problem (broken pcb, inoperative circuit, etc.). The onsite interview included a panel interview with a few members of the team as well. There were a few behavioral questions sprinkled in as well.

Interview Questions

• Which circuit presents a lower input impedance to a voltage/circuit that needs amplification, an inverting or non inverting amplifier configuration?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Denton, TX).

Interview

I did a mock interview at my university for a class and it was one my toughest/worst interview I have ever had. TI Recruits heavy from school and the interviewer was being tough for no reason.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The interview was good, a lot of knowledgeable engineers that were engaged and interested in what they were doing. Very technical. I felt comfortable to have an opportunity to work with such good engineers.

Interview Questions

• Show the gain of on amplifier/ improve. Compensation of the amplifier.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them I had other offers, they increase the options and salary

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a call from HR and schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager. After couple of days, I talked with HM on the phone and scheduled an onsite interview. Met six people, over three hours ,and they are all professional and knowledgable.

Manufacturing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Exhaustive and detailed. TI uses a staffing agengy to hire, usless your corporate. They just went through the usual smorgasbord questions that any average company asks. Examples would be but are not verbatium. Are you a team player? Can you give us an example of a situation in which you blah, blah, blah.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Knowing people that work in the company helps establish contact. Process was deliberate, well organized and thorough. Phone call by manager established fit for position and comparability with supervisor. Group interview established collaboration potential with team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you got a project back on schedule after it had fallen behind schedule.   Answer Question