Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

Digital Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

totally had 2 rounds, met them in university career fair. First round was both behavioral and technical, second round was fairly technical. The questions were easy. communication was good and they responded almost immediately to all the mails which I had sent. The questions asked were fairly basic ranging from problems in op-amp to CMOS. The second round had questions from flip-flops and shift registers. they were again simple and easy to solve.

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Met TI recruiters at the university EECS career fair. Told them I was graduating in 3 months, and what I was doing for my Master's research, etc. They filled out a form with my information and told me to apply for the positions I'm interested in online. I applied to everything I was qualified for, without thinking if I really wanted that job, and got the HireVue interview (video call) for Technical Sales, even though my resume is heavy on the technical side. The interview was completely behavioral, and I made sure to use coursework project scenarios for all answers. In the end, the interviewer asked me if I was competitive, and I said no, and then he asked if I really wanted to be in sales, and I answered no to that too. I added that I didn't know why I was even picked for this position, and told him I was more interested in being on the technical side of things. He himself had been in the technical field before switching to sales, so he talked about what he had done and what I was interested in. Based on that, he passed on my resume to the Design Engineering team, and I now have an interview with them next week.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when a team member was not performing as he was supposed to and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied for on-campus interview. Got a phone call later on, then had an on-campus interview. Then had a second round interview that was over the web and focused on us presenting a project we had worked on before. The interviewers were generally nice, and the HR folks are awesome. They are accommodating (within their limit) and really make the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions
    • What do a section of memory addresses allocated for a struct actually look like?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate because it was an intern position.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Three stage interviewing process: one on campus interview, one phone interview, and one all day on site interview. The final interview required interviewees to give a 15 minute technical presentation, and the solve a surprise brain teaser at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What are you extracurricular activities and how do you think they will help you succeed within your role here?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Three rounds of interviews. The final round was at TI's HQ; there was a dinner the night before, an overview of the company, lunch, and two interviews conducted by managers. There was a sales simulation, which is different than typical behavior interviews, but once you hear the topic, it's not bad at all.

Interview Questions
    • For me, it was my technical question due to surprise. The interview was almost entirely behavioral, but a technical question was thrown out and threw me off track for a moment.   Answer Question
    I failed to get a negotiation offer, despite having higher offers from competitors on the table. The impression I got was that I'm easily replaceable, and they could just hire another candidate as they go through several of these interview rounds. The new HR manager may be different however.

Intern Interview

I was emailed to do have a phone interview with a list of times and dates. After responding to which time and date worked for me, I never got a response back. They called me on that date and time, and they asked if I had a presentation ready. I had to tell them that I had received no email from them. They still continued the interview asking me technical questions. I received an email about 1-2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They dealt with programming since I had previous programming experience.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate because it was an intern position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

First communication was at UCF career fair. I scheduled an on campus interview two days later.

First interview was focused on what projects I had completed, what my role was, how I handled challenges etc. as well some analog circuit analysis

Second interview was a one hour video interview with another HR person. Included the general behavioral questions and a lot of repeat questions from the first interview regarding projects.

Third interview is an in person interview in Dallas, this is the last round and you will know whether or not you have a job after this within one day to a week.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to explain in detail what your role was in your most complex project, what challenges you encountered, how you dealt with them. Just real detailed into your projects.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

They came to my career fair where I first contacted them. They scheduled an interview with me the next day. It lasted 45 minutes and had a chance to get to know the position better. The questions were all pertaining to leadership with some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • This was more of an open ended question. I was asked to explain on an electronics level how a laptop or cell phone operated.   View Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

I'm there for the intern only, nothing too complicated, it only lasted half an hour, 3 to 4 basic analog design block problem, like redesign two single output op amps into one op amp with differential output, or design buffer for the delta sigma ADC. if you get in touch with these often it won't be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • I haven't touched the basic MOSFETs for almost a year, nothing seems to be familiar to me now. Though nothing challenging during the interview, but you need to have a solid background knowledge on the IC design.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

They asked me to draw a block diagram of a control system. It's more of a behavioral interview than hardcore technical interview. They asked about leadership and teamwork. One of the questions is what is something that you learned from a recent experience.