Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Knowing people that work in the company helps establish contact. Process was deliberate, well organized and thorough. Phone call by manager established fit for position and comparability with supervisor. Group interview established collaboration potential with team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you got a project back on schedule after it had fallen behind schedule.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Exhaustive and detailed. TI uses a staffing agengy to hire, usless your corporate. They just went through the usual smorgasbord questions that any average company asks. Examples would be but are not verbatium. Are you a team player? Can you give us an example of a situation in which you blah, blah, blah.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was an on campus interview with the hiring manager and one of the leads within the department. I was nervous at first but they were both very nice and engaging which made it easy to dive into conversation. They asked me questions based off of material I had on my resume, and from there discussion was very smooth. We laughed a lot and I got to pick their brains on the kind of work I would be dealing with as an intern which they were extremely informative about. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome ambiguity in a team environment   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to take lead on a project and how your team reacted to your decisions   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was swift and very transparent. Three step process. Screening video interview, web interview, on-site interview. HR was very helpful, they provided a dinner the night before the interview with all of the candidates, I enjoyed the process and the employees that were currently in the program.

Technical Sales Engineer Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1-Video chat interview
    2-Onsite interview
    They do a 2 interviews onsite. For one you need to sell a travel package and in the other one they just ask some behavioral questions. You need to make sure to ace the sell part and ask right questions during the sell simulation. Be professional and try to be yourself.

Manufacturing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I was told to go into a room to take a test. I took the test and was informed I past it. I was then told to have a seat in the hallway while waiting for a woman to interview me and review my personal data sheet. I was early to the testing and was prepared with documents. I dressed appropriately for the interview. However I was told they refused to interview me based off my prior salary. I explained I understood the pay was lower but was in extreme need of work. They still refused to interview me or let me talk to upper management.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately I was not asked any questions because after passing the test I was refused an interview based off my
      last salary.

1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

It was an in-person interview from referral. I was asked about the project I've been working on, and my experience on IC design. They also mentioned several different positions, and asked my preferences. Questions were not difficult.
    Follow-up emails never got replied. Never heard from them for a couple of months. No offer.

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two parts:

1) a 1 on 1 interview on campus with a TI rep - Mainly behavioral questions, only technical question pertained to my previous projects and their circuit designs.

2) a 1 on 1 online virtual interview using Hireview software - Entirely Behavioral, questions mainly pertaining to working in a team to see if I was a fit.

Interview Questions

• Explain a past project as if you were talking to someone with no technical background   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you did something innovative.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The Process took about 3 weeks. Applied at my school's career fair. Did an interview on campus couple of days later (completely behavioral). Had an online interview 10 days later for about an hour (completely behavioral): Team leadership experiences, bad teams that you have been a part of and how did you handle the situation, Hardest class you have taken and how did you manage to pass or do well. About 10 days later had an interview on-site. Did two interviews back to back. One simulation (you need to sell something to the interviewer) and the other one was a panel interview. Make sure you ask A LOT OF questions from the interviewer (client) during the simulation interview to make sure you understand the situation and needs of the costumer. Very positive experience. HRs were very helpful and super nice so were the interviewers. Make sure you have enough practice for the simulation part before the interview.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your internships or volunteer works. tell us about a time where you made a big decision in a team and the succeeded.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

First I interviewed with a TI recruiter on my college campus. Then after that had a phone interview where I had to give a technical presentation and answer a basic opamp question. Finally, I was flown down to Dallas for an on-site interview. The interview process was fairly smooth and the recruiter was very nice; she coordinated everything well. On-site I was asked behavioral questions (Why do you want to be a design engineer? What skills do you have? etc) as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) Draw the cross-section of a MOSFET, the I-V characteristics and describe nonidealities
      2) Voltage waveform of an RC circuit across the resistor and capacitor