Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

Technical Sales Associate Interview

It was swift and very transparent. Three step process. Screening video interview, web interview, on-site interview. HR was very helpful, they provided a dinner the night before the interview with all of the candidates, I enjoyed the process and the employees that were currently in the program.

Technical Sales Engineer Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

1-Video chat interview
    2-Onsite interview
    They do a 2 interviews onsite. For one you need to sell a travel package and in the other one they just ask some behavioral questions. You need to make sure to ace the sell part and ask right questions during the sell simulation. Be professional and try to be yourself.

Manufacturing Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I was told to go into a room to take a test. I took the test and was informed I past it. I was then told to have a seat in the hallway while waiting for a woman to interview me and review my personal data sheet. I was early to the testing and was prepared with documents. I dressed appropriately for the interview. However I was told they refused to interview me based off my prior salary. I explained I understood the pay was lower but was in extreme need of work. They still refused to interview me or let me talk to upper management.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately I was not asked any questions because after passing the test I was refused an interview based off my
      last salary.

View Answer

Design Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

It was an in-person interview from referral. I was asked about the project I've been working on, and my experience on IC design. They also mentioned several different positions, and asked my preferences. Questions were not difficult.
    Follow-up emails never got replied. Never heard from them for a couple of months. No offer.

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2015.

The interview process consisted of two parts:

1) a 1 on 1 interview on campus with a TI rep - Mainly behavioral questions, only technical question pertained to my previous projects and their circuit designs.

2) a 1 on 1 online virtual interview using Hireview software - Entirely Behavioral, questions mainly pertaining to working in a team to see if I was a fit.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a past project as if you were talking to someone with no technical background   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you did something innovative.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

The Process took about 3 weeks. Applied at my school's career fair. Did an interview on campus couple of days later (completely behavioral). Had an online interview 10 days later for about an hour (completely behavioral): Team leadership experiences, bad teams that you have been a part of and how did you handle the situation, Hardest class you have taken and how did you manage to pass or do well. About 10 days later had an interview on-site. Did two interviews back to back. One simulation (you need to sell something to the interviewer) and the other one was a panel interview. Make sure you ask A LOT OF questions from the interviewer (client) during the simulation interview to make sure you understand the situation and needs of the costumer. Very positive experience. HRs were very helpful and super nice so were the interviewers. Make sure you have enough practice for the simulation part before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about your internships or volunteer works. tell us about a time where you made a big decision in a team and the succeeded.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

First I interviewed with a TI recruiter on my college campus. Then after that had a phone interview where I had to give a technical presentation and answer a basic opamp question. Finally, I was flown down to Dallas for an on-site interview. The interview process was fairly smooth and the recruiter was very nice; she coordinated everything well. On-site I was asked behavioral questions (Why do you want to be a design engineer? What skills do you have? etc) as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Draw the cross-section of a MOSFET, the I-V characteristics and describe nonidealities
      2) Voltage waveform of an RC circuit across the resistor and capacitor
      3) D flip flop configuration
      4) Some tricky circuit analysis questions
      5) Design a comparator at the transistor level

Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

1) Applied Online
    2) 10 Minute Presentation over the phone with screen share
    Questions about project and some behavioral questions
    3) On site interview - they were very generous with taking care of you
    Both Behavioral and Technical Questions

Interview Questions
    • review your semiconductor physics, transistors, and amplifier cicuits   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Apply thru college career fair.
    - Got campus interview the day after the career fair. Almost all behavioral questions. Talk a little bit about my project on resume.
    - 3 weeks later got a virtual interview thru internet. Again, almost all basic behavioral questions. Only 2 "technical questions" asking about voltage divider and basic RC circuit. Also, they required me to prepare a 10 min presentation for whatever topic I like. I talked about my senior design project. The manager asked a lot of questions regarding to it.
    - One month After the virtual interview I received an email indicating that my interview went well and next step will be onsite interview. It took about 2 month to schedule and reschedule for it. During onsite interview there are also a lot of behavioral questions. I think this is because this role is not so "technical" so that they rather like to see how could you deal with problems.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult course you have taken? How did you deal with it?
      Provide an example on a certain course or project that you didn't do as well, explain why.

Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2015.

Applied through job fair and talked to a university recruiter. University recruiter liked my resume, so she set me up with the first interview. First interview was basically behavioral, like why you want to work here, and etc. second interview is with two senior engineers and is a video conference with a 10 minute presentation about your self. The other minutes are basically technical questions.