Texas Instruments Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014
393 interviews

New College Hire Interview

I had one itpnitail in person interview on campus which was just describing my resume and activities. Second interview was a phone interview with two hiring managers, half behavior and half technical. The next step was in person in dallas I had to give a 10 minute presentation in front of 8 managers, and then a series of behavioral interviews and then agroup interview with all candidates and all hiring managers

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

There are two people in one room A, and two people in room B. You will present your project to the first two people in room A, and then again to room B. In neither room was I asked a single technical question. Behavioral questions only.

Interview Questions
    • They used a good cop/bad cop routine. Room A was very harsh. Combative even. Creating silence, and asking questions that simply create conflict. I was the team leader on a project, and when asked "who is the most important person on the team" I said "we were all important", he followed up with "why wasn't it you?" and "how do we get your friend's resumes". Room B was very friendly. I didn't get the offer. To prepare for this, I would practice how to work with interrogations.   Answer Question

Analogue Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2011.

The technical interview was bit difficult.they start with basics .RC circuit then LC circuit,then mos

Digital Design Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2011.

I was recruited straight of college in Bangalore. The interview process started off with a written exam for all participants: digital circuits and aptitude. Then we had a technical interview and, following that, an HR interview. Everybody who got into the HR interview was recruited. The technical interview dealt with mainly CMOS circuits and transistor characteristics.

Interview Questions
    • Explain setup time and hold time. This catches out a lot of interviewees   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2009.

Co-oped from College. This is the best and easiest way to get in for Finance, Accounting and or Planning.
    6 month "internship" depending on the group it could be easy and rough.
    At the end you do a presentation of what you "learn" for senior management.
    You learn alot and it is a big help once you accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something you did wrong and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2011.

Interview process was very good. They checked all the information and asked relevant questions in the interviews. They described the requirements properly.

Applications Developer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2009.

My interview consisted of a preliminary screening interview with the team lead consisting of questions related to my past experiences, the current role I have, and the projects that I handled. After that (I guess I passed) I was recommended for the next level interview with the solutions architect who then asked me a lot more technical questions, roles I had, and my experiences with various technologies. After that I was invited over for a personal interview with the management and an overview on how the company is as a whole, a brief description of the team I would be in and the roles that were needed for the team.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult business process/problem you have encountered and what steps did you do to overcome the problem?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary.

Product and Test Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2010.

1) How you think you are better candidate for this job position?

2) Your strengths and weekness

3) Do you like to work in team or alone?

4) How Buck converter works and how you choose which type of buck converter is efficient for your application?

Interview consisted of both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most tough decision you have ever made in your life.   Answer Question
    pretty good offer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2012.

There was a standard phone screening which involved talking to a group of interviewers about the basics of semiconductor wafer fabrication which also included a brief run through my resume. After that they flew me to Dallas to interview with 8 other candidates. This interview consisted of 4 group/panel interviews and for one of the group interviews I was required to give a 20 minute technical presentation. Overall it was a difficult interview but well worth the amount of time it took. The interviewers do a wonderful job of making you feel very comfortable.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2012.

First was the pre placement talk... they spoke about the company and what they look for in candidates. Then we had a written IQ/analytical thinking test, consisting of one general puzzle, and one data-structure related puzzle. Then we had a group problem solving exercise. The problem statement was: How are you going to increase India’s medal haul at the next Olympics to 20. We were supposed to think individually for five minutes, discuss for 8, and one of us would go and present for 2 minutes. Finally we had interviews with three panellists; mine lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!