Texas Instruments

392 candidate interviews

Intern - Monthly Interview

Intern - Monthly
Calicut, Kerala (India)

I interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2013.

Interview Details – Written test , including basic analog and digital electronics, u have to do both... in the one.. u get more marks.. you ll be interviewed under that field, i qualified in digital, they started from the basics. and went till the zenith.. they give you time to think, questions were from.. both digital electronics part and a bit of signals ans systems including fourier transforms etc, if u have studied microcontrollers do mention it in the resume , state machines, flip-flops, registers constructions..and finally problem solving skills on a given situation by state reduction techniques

Interview Question – all questions were.. bookish.. final problem they gave was innovative..they hint u ..to think in the correct way   Answer Question

Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Applied through my college's recruiting website. Got an on-campus interview. Then a phone interview. Then I had a HireVue interview (basically recorded me answer some soft-interview questions). Then a skype interview with an engineer

Interview Question – Scheduling was difficult, they weren't super flexible. Questions weren't super hard for an EE as far as I got.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Technical Sales Associate

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2014.

Interview Details – TI came to campus and offered 5 profiles.2 of the profiles were hardware ie. digital or analog,one was for software,one for signal processing,2 for technical sales.I applied for analog technical sales as in this profile it was mix of analog knowledge and communication skills.There was 90 mins test comprising of 20 mcq question from field of analog electronics.I cleared it and next day went for Personal interview.

Interview Question – With so much knowledge in electronics what was the reason for poor cgpa?   Answer Question

ASIC Physical Design Engineer Interview

ASIC Physical Design Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Forwarded my resume to a HR team. Got a phone call in 2 weeks which was the first round of phone interview. Went for an onsite interview within a month. Had 5 rounds of interview from 9AM to 3PM. Purely technical.

Got a call back 1 month after the interview with the offer to join TI.

Interview Question – Questions regarding library creating and area of the cells in the library   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard pay scale for all new new hires (fresh grad)

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details – After applying, received a call asking for an on campus interview the following day. Three workers of texas instruments were the interviewers. Questions varied from personal traits (leadership, good/bad things about myself) to technical (draw transistor level gates, etc). Questions were not too difficult, but it'd be good to review the theory on whatever position you're applying for. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Question – What are some things about yourself you feel you should work on?   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Equipment Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2010.

Interview Details – Start from HR for evaluation of papers then interview to current position needed by Department Manager
After completing all requirements needed orientation for 1 week before deploy in the line. Medical check up was shoulder by the company result will be given if you are passs on the medical fit test.

Internship Interview

Internship
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2014.

Interview Details – First a shortlist was made based on the resume of the candidates who applied for the post.
Online Aptitude and Technical Test for 30 minutes each for shortlisted candidates.
Technical test based on respective domain.
Followed by Group Discussion.
A topic was given and two teams were made which have to discuss about its pros and cons.
They were looking for good communications skills.
Then two rounds of Technical Interview.
Asked about the things you have mentioned in your resume. You should be able to explain your projects very well.

Interview Question – Interviews were mostly focused on Basic technical knowledge and skills   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by the Manager I'd be working for and interviewed over the phone. I had another phone interview by another person in the department. I then was called in for on-site interviews with the Manager and three other members of the team. The on-site interviews were very thorough and took nearly 6 hours (they did take me out for an hour long lunch). A few days later I received a call from a TI recruiter from their corporate HR department indicating that the manager wanted to extend an offer. I went through a negotiation period with the HR person where we reached agreement, he extended an offer verbally and overnighted a written offer to me.

Design Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2010.

Interview Details – two rounds of phone interview, then on-site interview and finally some phone interviews again with upper management. On-site interview was pretty technical and the team was friendly. The whole process was taking a bit too long than what I would expected.

Negotiation Details – the offer met my expectation so no negotiation was needed

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details – There are was first telephonic interview and after that 3-4 rounds of face to face interview. Face to face interview was mostly on technical side related operating system concepts and general puzzle problem. Interview process was long and took about 2 months of time. There are also questions related to process architecture like ARM. Interview was more about problem solving and geared towards approach for solution rather than right answer.

Interview Question – sizeof implementation   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!