Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

First I interviewed with a TI recruiter on my college campus. Then after that had a phone interview where I had to give a technical presentation and answer a basic opamp question. Finally, I was flown down to Dallas for an on-site interview. The interview process was fairly smooth and the recruiter was very nice; she coordinated everything well. On-site I was asked behavioral questions (Why do you want to be a design engineer? What skills do you have? etc) as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) Draw the cross-section of a MOSFET, the I-V characteristics and describe nonidealities
      2) Voltage waveform of an RC circuit across the resistor and capacitor
      3) D flip flop configuration
      4) Some tricky circuit analysis questions
      5) Design a comparator at the transistor level

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

1) Applied Online
    2) 10 Minute Presentation over the phone with screen share
    Questions about project and some behavioral questions
    3) On site interview - they were very generous with taking care of you
    Both Behavioral and Technical Questions

Interview Questions

• review your semiconductor physics, transistors, and amplifier cicuits   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Apply thru college career fair.
    - Got campus interview the day after the career fair. Almost all behavioral questions. Talk a little bit about my project on resume.
    - 3 weeks later got a virtual interview thru internet. Again, almost all basic behavioral questions. Only 2 "technical questions" asking about voltage divider and basic RC circuit. Also, they required me to prepare a 10 min presentation for whatever topic I like. I talked about my senior design project. The manager asked a lot of questions regarding to it.
    - One month After the virtual interview I received an email indicating that my interview went well and next step will be onsite interview. It took about 2 month to schedule and reschedule for it. During onsite interview there are also a lot of behavioral questions. I think this is because this role is not so "technical" so that they rather like to see how could you deal with problems.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult course you have taken? How did you deal with it?
      Provide an example on a certain course or project that you didn't do as well, explain why.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through job fair and talked to a university recruiter. University recruiter liked my resume, so she set me up with the first interview. First interview was basically behavioral, like why you want to work here, and etc. second interview is with two senior engineers and is a video conference with a 10 minute presentation about your self. The other minutes are basically technical questions.

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

This was one of the very different interviews that I had.
    First was the HireView Questions where it asks questions and you have a few seconds to answers. Then it was another interview with a TI employee on HireVue again. The last step was the onsite interview in Dallas. You have dinner the night before with current TSAs which is very casual and you hang out with them. Then you are on site all day the next day. You have a behavioral interview, campus tour then a sales simulation. Overall, the process was not too bad. Just have fun with the current TSAs, be friendly and show passion for TI and what they do and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• The sales simulation was a unique but it wasn't hard to do once you hear it.   Answer Question

Student Program Employee- Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at my University, and applied for the job. A few days later a hiring manager called me and told me to apply for a different job. After that, took a bit of scheduling but I was able to get an Webx interview with two current PE's. I shared a 10 minute presentation on myself with them, then they asked questions about the presentation. Nothing too technical until the end, when one interviewer showed me some technology he was working with and he asked me for some potiential points of failure on the product.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time, being involved with so many organizations while keeping grades high?   Answer Question
    • What are some points of failure on this device?   1 Answer

Interview

First one was a video interview using Hirevue. Seven behavioral questions. Second round involved another interview via Hirevue with two managers. Both were very high up and was pretty intimidating. Asked about my project, work and extracurricular activities.

Interview Questions

• Not extremely difficult but they were definitely looking for design experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Texas Instruments was honestly very rude and unwelcoming. Any question I asked was met with unenthusiastic responses. They seemed to not care about my personality at all and just saw me as a resume and applicant. I will never recommend this company to anyone, as I can easily rate my experience with them as my worst.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself contributing the the small iOS team we have? We don't have any space for you there.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

They contacted me several weeks after my universities job fair. I had a pleasant face to face interview on campus and at the end he told me I should hear back in two weeks. That interview was not very technical but rather about my interests and schoolwork. I instead heard back a month later that I got to the second round of interviews. They said it would be a technical video interview on their own video conferencing system. Two whole months after I got the email that i moved to the next round they finally scheduled a time for the video interview after many unsuccessful attempts on their end. This interview was completely behavioral after telling me that it would be technical. They asked a lot about the teams and projects that I worked on. They also asked me to explain the process we used to collect data in one of my projects. I was not happy that they took so long to schedule the interview but only hours after my interview sent me an email that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you know you excelled and a time where you know you underachieved.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The interviewer first told me about TI and info about this position. Then there were behavior questions, focusing on multitask, teamwork and projects. The technical questions are not hard, but he may choose a topic that you may not very familiar with, but with appropriate reasoning it is no hard to get there.
    I didn't get any response for a month after this interview. it's like they don't send deny emails.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time that your team didn't work as expected.
      Tell me about one failure.