Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

They came to my career fair where I first contacted them. They scheduled an interview with me the next day. It lasted 45 minutes and had a chance to get to know the position better. The questions were all pertaining to leadership with some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • This was more of an open ended question. I was asked to explain on an electronics level how a laptop or cell phone operated.   View Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

I'm there for the intern only, nothing too complicated, it only lasted half an hour, 3 to 4 basic analog design block problem, like redesign two single output op amps into one op amp with differential output, or design buffer for the delta sigma ADC. if you get in touch with these often it won't be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • I haven't touched the basic MOSFETs for almost a year, nothing seems to be familiar to me now. Though nothing challenging during the interview, but you need to have a solid background knowledge on the IC design.   Answer Question

Finance, Accounting, and Operations Co-Op Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

The process was fairly quick because I was asked to interview after talking to a recruiter at my university's career expo. The person who interviewed me was really nice and pretty interested in what my story was. They got back to me about whether I made it to the next stage in 72 hours.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

Texas Instruments came out to my university for a career fair. I spoke to them for a bit about projects I had worked on. This led to an on campus Interview the very next day (I was very surprised because most interviews aren't until at least the next week. I went in really nervous and the interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. All of the question were behavioral because he was recruiting for different positions in IT. Most of the jobs he spoke about were looking for someone that was graduating at the end of this current semester and since I still have another semester to go so I was not selected. The encouraged me to apply again next semester.

Applications Engineer Interview

They asked me to draw a block diagram of a control system. It's more of a behavioral interview than hardcore technical interview. They asked about leadership and teamwork. One of the questions is what is something that you learned from a recent experience.

Finance Accounting Operations Access Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

three round interviews. First one was a one to one on campus interview. Asked behavioral questions and a few from my resume.
    2nd round interview was online. It was like making a YouTube video. You were asked 9 questions and had 3 minutes to answer each one.
    The last interview was on site in Dallas.

Interview Questions
    • What project have you failed at and how did you cope with failure?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

-First a phone interview or on campus interview
    -Will fly applicant to sales office or to Dallas Headquarters
    -Interview with 2-3 Managers
    -Asked to sell a vacation package (Sales Simulation)
    -Leadership role questions
    -Interpersonal skills evaluation

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied through my college's recruiting website. Got an on-campus interview. Then a phone interview. Then I had a HireVue interview (basically recorded me answer some soft-interview questions). Then a skype interview with an engineer

Interview Questions
    • Scheduling was difficult, they weren't super flexible. Questions weren't super hard for an EE as far as I got.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I was initially contacted by the Manager I'd be working for and interviewed over the phone. I had another phone interview by another person in the department. I then was called in for on-site interviews with the Manager and three other members of the team. The on-site interviews were very thorough and took nearly 6 hours (they did take me out for an hour long lunch). A few days later I received a call from a TI recruiter from their corporate HR department indicating that the manager wanted to extend an offer. I went through a negotiation period with the HR person where we reached agreement, he extended an offer verbally and overnighted a written offer to me.

Senior Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

was pretty easy. I had had an offer from them before, so I just contacted the hiring manager directly since I kept his contact. They needed specific skill that I had in addition to overall analog skill set. I had number of offers, and they matched the best I had

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but perhaps I should've