Texas Instruments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – On campus interview at Georgia Tech. Not too technical, go over your resume and describe the projects you have worked on at school, what do you like to do for fun, how do you manage your work/life balance etc.

Interview Question – What are some specif tech blogs that you follow and why?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was first recruited at my university's career fair and set up an interview the next day. It was pretty general, just asking personal questions and a lot about my resume. I got lucky though because the recruiter didn't see on resume that I've done a presentation in the past and commented on that if he had he would of made me do it for the first interview. So be prepared! I had a second phone interview with two quality engineers at the same time and they went into even more detail about my resume and threw in a few technical questions but mainly they just wanted to know about projects I have worked on and what machines I have used. The third interview they flew me out to Dallas and it was a day long affair. There were 8 of us split into 2 groups but they made it explicit we weren't there for the same job which was a huge relief. First half was a presentation given by a recent new hire(less than a year with the company) so it was easy to identify with them and more relaxed. Then lunch where you can meet supervisors and managers which was great networking experience. After lunch came our 20 min technical presentation and then 2 separate interviews. The hardest part of the day was the presentation but everyone was really nice so it wasn't too stressful. The fact that there were other students present at this point actually helped a lot so we could kind of cheer each other up.

If you have a really technical project that pertains to the job field definitely go into a lot of detail with it for the presentation. I did and the rest of my interviews weren't technical because of that.

The interview processes for other positions is a lot different though and you might not get to do a presentation. I know for design they set up a white board and have you draw things for them.

Interview Question – The difference between wet and dry etching, which is an/isotropic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very lenient on my start time. The actual offer was a lot better than I was hoping for so I didn't negotiate it and they have really nice benefits.

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an e-mail to answer some behavioral questions through webcam. Couple days after, I got a call for an interview where I have to give a 3-5 slide presentation on a project that I worked on.

After the presentation I didn't hear back for two weeks so when I contacted the HR first, he suggested if I was interested in other positions. I said yes but he hasn't replied since then.

Interview Question – Just questions about the project and if I considered any other options.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – I stopped by the booth at my university's career fair and spoke to an engineer for a bit. He invited me to an interview on campus the next day where he gave me circuits questions. They were pretty standard and basic such as RC equations and transfer functions. After that, I was invited to do a 1 hr presentation to 2 people about a project I did. The presentation was more like a walk through where they asked me questions about the project as I went through the slides. They were all technical questions for the most part about the project, so you better know your project well. However, my project was an analog amplifier and both the interviewers were digital guys, so they didn't really have a lot of hard questions. I passed, and they invited me down to Texas. They paid for the hotel, airplane, etc which was cool. The first night at the hotel you go through a presentation with some of the engineers where you drink a bit and relax. After, you head out to a restaurant. The next morning, I went in for 2 interviews. Each interview was with 3 people. The first interview, they asked me mostly behavioral questions. I feel like they were not satisfied with my responses, considering they let me do most of the talking. The next group of people, kind of treated me like crap. For these interviews, you do your presentation in person that you did over the phone. They kept interrupting me and asking questions that were relevant to the slide that I talked about like 6 slides ago. They asked me technical questions too.

Interview Question – Too long ago, forgot honestly. They asked me about IIR filters and how to choose where to place the zeros and poles for types of filters.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details – through campus careerfair

Interview Question – nothing really tricky, all basic questions. things like how to make an inverter faster or write result of a piece of c code.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Career Fair, then an On Campus Interview, which consisted of going over resume and asking more in depth questions, behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Fairly straight forward questions, asked about situational questions, what is my biggest accomplishment.   Answer Question

DLP Pico Group Co-op Interview

DLP Pico Group Co-op
Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2013.

Interview Details – Obtained on campus interview from a career expo, then had a phone interview. After a few days, received a co-op offer; whole process took about 1 week. During my on campus interview, it was two TI employees and me. They were both project managers from different groups. During the interview, they asked all soft skill questions. They also asked me how comfortable I was with programming and hardware.

Interview Question – All soft skill questions however I know in the past they asked: how a low pass filter works. question: A time when you had to troubleshoot a problem and how did you go about solving it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, salary based on amount of coursework completed

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – applied through campus career expo. Got a call later that night. Had a 2:1 interview on the next day. A lot of behavior questions and indepth explaination of resume.

Interview Question – What does TI do?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Richardson, TX

Interview Details – Explain teams and group projects you have been involved in; Explain a time where you had to think on your feet; Explain a time where you had to think on your feet; Problem solving skills, etc. Nothing particularly difficult.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected - a weird kind of group project for Manufacturing Leadership team though   Answer Question

Mixed-signal Test Engineer Interview

Mixed-signal Test Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Applied the resume by my friend in TI, got a call from the manager later he conducted phone interview for basic technical check, one week later TI bring me to Dallas (I was in San Jose) for group interview, the entire organization interview me and check everything thoroughly, aq very stressful interview experience, from 8:00 in the morning until 4:00 pm, non-stop.

Interview Question – They drew a picture of the circuitry and ask me to explain how it worked, to be honest I had never seen it before, hence I answered terribly on those questions. I believe that is something only those people know, because they worked on it. If I drew my work on the board, it will stun them as well, I believe:)   Answer Question