Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

It was very professional and organized. I had a phone interview with two of the head project managers. They asked soft skill questions; very generic. They were very nice and straight to the point. Then about a week later, I got an email from one of the interviewers asking to come on site for a face-to-face interview. I met with another project manager and she asked behavioral questions. She also asked about situational questions. I really enjoyed talking to her. Very sweet and smart. Then talked to another business analyst about in depth of the position and then talked to one of the two first phone interviewers face to face. Though I did not make the final cut, it was overall a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• very generic questions. there were questions of "what if you were in this situation...."   Answer Question

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Champaign, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career fair hosted by my University. They matched me up with this position based on my previous experiences and gave me an on-site interview the next day on the spot. The interview was almost entirely behavioral. My interviewer only gave me a very basic digital logic and RC circuit question. Afterwards, he asked me to explain about my experiences on my resume and multiple behavioral questions. The interviewer and recruiters were very friendly; probably the most friendly recruiters I have talked to the whole career fair. The process is a two step process where I was interviewed on-site and then I would be given a phone call to set up a virtual interview if they liked me as a candidate.

After around 2 months, I was called to proceed on to the final round. I am supposed to be interviewed by 2 product engineers over a virtual interview. I am expected to also prepare a 10-15 minute long presentation of an engineering topic/experience that I was apart of and describe my role and outcome of this project.

Applications Engineer Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process consisted of 3 interviews. The first was 30 minutes on campus after a career fair. The interviewer asked me to draw a block diagram for a system I've built before. He also asked about challenges I've faced throughout college and how I dealt with them. The second is a 1 hour webcam interview. The interviewer asked more behavioral questions similar to the first interview. For the third and final interview I was flown in to TI Dallas headquarters for a social dinner with other candidates and current members of the rotation program. The next day I attended a campus tour and two back-to-back interviews. For these I presented a project I had done before and was asked additional behavioral and technical questions. These technical questions are based on your project so don't expect to derive Maxwell's equations. Others have had to build different configurations of Op Amps or describe a Bode plot. I guess I was lucky.

Interview Questions

• You must have good examples of work that you have done in teams. That is ALL they care about. Technical knowledge can be taught. Do not be afraid to admit you or your team's failures.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an on campus interview where we covered my resume and they asked one non technical but tricky thinking-out-of-the-box type question.

I later got invited to a two day on site interview. There was a tour and a presentation before the interviews. There were two 30 minute panel interviews, involving the typical questions on work experience and then some simple technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The trick question was thus: given an array of 100 ints from 0 to 100 where each number (besides 1) appears once, write psudocode to find the missing number.

The technical questions were quite simple. One was describe how current through a diode will react as the junction temperature is increased.

1 Answer

Negotiation

I declined the offer without negotiating, as I was given a better offer by another company.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online after attending a on conference where they were hiring for mostly hardware engineering stuff. After applying, I received an email via HireVue asking me to answer a few questions and record my responses. Shortly after, I received another email asking for my availability in order to schedule a 1 hour interview with a manager from California. The next day, I received a call where they wanted to fly me out to dallas, tx for the final interview. They wanted me to prepare a 10 minute presentation describing a technical project I worked on.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based on my project. I had 2 one-hour interviews with 2 people each. One asked me to derive the transfer function for a circuit that he designed while I was presenting. The other group asked me to solve an equation that they had on the board.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I first had an online interview where a basic behavioral question would pop up on the screen and I would have a short amount of time to formulate an answer, then it would video record my response for 2 minutes. A few days later I got an email inviting me to visit headquarters for an on-site interview. They paid to fly me out and put me up in a hotel (The Westin) for a night. The first night we had a casual dinner with the applicants and the interviewers at a restaurant so we could meet and ask questions in an informal setting. This eased my nerves and got me more excited for my interview the following day. The next morning we met with one of the VPs for breakfast and an info session about the company, the HR department, and the internship and rotational programs. It was another opportunity to get questions answered and learn about the position more prior to interviewing. We then split up and each candidate had 2 interviews. My first was with a panel of 2 interviewers while my second was with just 1. These were very conversational, STAR questions where you could work in examples from previous experience. As well as general interest questions like Why TI? Why HR? What functions within HR are you most interested in? etc. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. Following the interviews we had a lunch with employees currently participating in the HR Rotational program. Some had been interns previously, some had not, but it was a good opportunity to have exposure to the kinds of people we would be working with if hired and to get questions answered in a casual setting. Following this, we took a bus tour of Dallas. This was awesome because I had never seen the city before and was apprehensive about how I would like it. They showed us where most employees live, popular spots to hang out like restaurants and bars, parks, museums, etc. TI really went above and beyond to give us a full view of not only what its like to be an employee of TI but also what it is like to be a resident of Dallas. I wasn't sure if this internship would be right for me prior to my visit but left Dallas excited and dying to work for TI. Overall, it was a wonderful and exciting experience.

Interview Questions

• As a finance major, how do you think you're classes and previous experiences will translate to human resources.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

3 stage process, first webcam recordings, then webcam face to face, then onsite. Heard back on the afternoon of the onsite interview in Dallas. The interviewers vary. Some were very strict and asked hard questions, some just asked standard behavioral questions. Some were nice and some were mean, but if you show the required traits they will note it down.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Lubbock, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a call after a attending job fair at university. the interview was completely behavioral questions. The guy who was interviewing was the manager of the product development team looking to fill a place in his team.The interview went cool and easy process. Have to talk a lot about your resume.

Interview Questions

• Did you face any problems with team members while working in teams   Answer Question

Applications Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

2 Rounds of online interviews, 1 onsite. They take care of everything, give you a small tour of their HQ. You will have the opportunity to talk to current employees about anything regarding the job and the life at TI before you interview in person.
    The in person interview will be completely technical. They will ask for you to prepare a project presentation and they will drill you on every aspect of it.

Interview Questions

• Expect to be asked various questions on anything technicality you mention in your presentation.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

totally had 2 rounds, met them in university career fair. First round was both behavioral and technical, second round was fairly technical. The questions were easy. communication was good and they responded almost immediately to all the mails which I had sent. The questions asked were fairly basic ranging from problems in op-amp to CMOS. The second round had questions from flip-flops and shift registers. they were again simple and easy to solve.