Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I first had an online interview where a basic behavioral question would pop up on the screen and I would have a short amount of time to formulate an answer, then it would video record my response for 2 minutes. A few days later I got an email inviting me to visit headquarters for an on-site interview. They paid to fly me out and put me up in a hotel (The Westin) for a night. The first night we had a casual dinner with the applicants and the interviewers at a restaurant so we could meet and ask questions in an informal setting. This eased my nerves and got me more excited for my interview the following day. The next morning we met with one of the VPs for breakfast and an info session about the company, the HR department, and the internship and rotational programs. It was another opportunity to get questions answered and learn about the position more prior to interviewing. We then split up and each candidate had 2 interviews. My first was with a panel of 2 interviewers while my second was with just 1. These were very conversational, STAR questions where you could work in examples from previous experience. As well as general interest questions like Why TI? Why HR? What functions within HR are you most interested in? etc. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. Following the interviews we had a lunch with employees currently participating in the HR Rotational program. Some had been interns previously, some had not, but it was a good opportunity to have exposure to the kinds of people we would be working with if hired and to get questions answered in a casual setting. Following this, we took a bus tour of Dallas. This was awesome because I had never seen the city before and was apprehensive about how I would like it. They showed us where most employees live, popular spots to hang out like restaurants and bars, parks, museums, etc. TI really went above and beyond to give us a full view of not only what its like to be an employee of TI but also what it is like to be a resident of Dallas. I wasn't sure if this internship would be right for me prior to my visit but left Dallas excited and dying to work for TI. Overall, it was a wonderful and exciting experience.

Interview Questions

• As a finance major, how do you think you're classes and previous experiences will translate to human resources.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

3 stage process, first webcam recordings, then webcam face to face, then onsite. Heard back on the afternoon of the onsite interview in Dallas. The interviewers vary. Some were very strict and asked hard questions, some just asked standard behavioral questions. Some were nice and some were mean, but if you show the required traits they will note it down.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Lubbock, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a call after a attending job fair at university. the interview was completely behavioral questions. The guy who was interviewing was the manager of the product development team looking to fill a place in his team.The interview went cool and easy process. Have to talk a lot about your resume.

Interview Questions

• Did you face any problems with team members while working in teams   Answer Question

Applications Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

2 Rounds of online interviews, 1 onsite. They take care of everything, give you a small tour of their HQ. You will have the opportunity to talk to current employees about anything regarding the job and the life at TI before you interview in person.
    The in person interview will be completely technical. They will ask for you to prepare a project presentation and they will drill you on every aspect of it.

Interview Questions

• Expect to be asked various questions on anything technicality you mention in your presentation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

totally had 2 rounds, met them in university career fair. First round was both behavioral and technical, second round was fairly technical. The questions were easy. communication was good and they responded almost immediately to all the mails which I had sent. The questions asked were fairly basic ranging from problems in op-amp to CMOS. The second round had questions from flip-flops and shift registers. they were again simple and easy to solve.

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Met TI recruiters at the university EECS career fair. Told them I was graduating in 3 months, and what I was doing for my Master's research, etc. They filled out a form with my information and told me to apply for the positions I'm interested in online. I applied to everything I was qualified for, without thinking if I really wanted that job, and got the HireVue interview (video call) for Technical Sales, even though my resume is heavy on the technical side. The interview was completely behavioral, and I made sure to use coursework project scenarios for all answers. In the end, the interviewer asked me if I was competitive, and I said no, and then he asked if I really wanted to be in sales, and I answered no to that too. I added that I didn't know why I was even picked for this position, and told him I was more interested in being on the technical side of things. He himself had been in the technical field before switching to sales, so he talked about what he had done and what I was interested in. Based on that, he passed on my resume to the Design Engineering team, and I now have an interview with them next week.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when a team member was not performing as he was supposed to and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied for on-campus interview. Got a phone call later on, then had an on-campus interview. Then had a second round interview that was over the web and focused on us presenting a project we had worked on before. The interviewers were generally nice, and the HR folks are awesome. They are accommodating (within their limit) and really make the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions

• What do a section of memory addresses allocated for a struct actually look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because it was an intern position.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Three stage interviewing process: one on campus interview, one phone interview, and one all day on site interview. The final interview required interviewees to give a 15 minute technical presentation, and the solve a surprise brain teaser at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are you extracurricular activities and how do you think they will help you succeed within your role here?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The final round was at TI's HQ; there was a dinner the night before, an overview of the company, lunch, and two interviews conducted by managers. There was a sales simulation, which is different than typical behavior interviews, but once you hear the topic, it's not bad at all.

Interview Questions

• For me, it was my technical question due to surprise. The interview was almost entirely behavioral, but a technical question was thrown out and threw me off track for a moment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I failed to get a negotiation offer, despite having higher offers from competitors on the table. The impression I got was that I'm easily replaceable, and they could just hire another candidate as they go through several of these interview rounds. The new HR manager may be different however.

Intern Interview

Interview

I was emailed to do have a phone interview with a list of times and dates. After responding to which time and date worked for me, I never got a response back. They called me on that date and time, and they asked if I had a presentation ready. I had to tell them that I had received no email from them. They still continued the interview asking me technical questions. I received an email about 1-2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They dealt with programming since I had previous programming experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because it was an intern position