Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

The Interview process for me was a 3-round process. The first round was a campus interview, the second round was a phone interview, and the third round was a Dallas on-site interview. The first two rounds were all behavior questions. The last round was both behavior and technical questions. I had to also present a project I had worked on in school. Also, for the on-site interview you are to work together with a team on a project and the interviewers will grade you on that.

Interview Questions
    • Their questions were fairly simple and easy. Be ready to answer the two most hated questions ever! "Why TI?" and "Why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

I met with them at a career fair and they were really insistent on having me interview for a sales/product marketing position. I interviewed at the university and then was called back for a hireview 2nd interview (webcam based). The interviews were more behavioral than anything else and were pretty simple. After my second interview they called and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult group you've had to work with?   Answer Question

Position was in Tucson and I wanted to do more engineering work than sales.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

Gave resume at career fair, had on-campus interview the next day. Asked me behavioral questions. Had a webex interview a couple weeks later with two employees and more behavioral questions as well as some questions about C and the stack. Few days later they told me I had an offer, then set me up with a phone call with the guy I'd be working for, doing embedded systems stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Did a function call that took two parameters, each parameter was an in-line evaluation. The output shows that the parameters were evaluated in reverse order. Why?   View Answer

I'm not interested in the low-level hardware-interaction stuff.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

I applied online around the time of my university's career fair and a week later I was emailed a link to sign up for an interview. The interview was around 30 minutes, most of it was talking about myself, coursework, projects, skills and whatnot. There were frequent questions on what I was talking about, almost to see if I in fact knew what I was talking about, nothing too specific or tough.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were specifically about my projects. For example I mentioned I've worked with robots and he asked how servos work. The only general questions he had were, can you describe to me how a MOSFET works? what would you say op amps are most useful for?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

I was interviewed for the Manufacturing Leadership Development Rotation Program, or as they call it, LDRP. There were 3 main stages:

1) On campus interview. I talked to a TI recruiter at my university's engineering career fair for what seemed like less than a minute, then he had me set up an interview for the next day. I remember being really sick and gross but he was nice and tolerant. The interview was relaxed and was mostly behavioral questions. At this point I didn't really know I was interviewing for LDRP.

2) A couple weeks later I was called to set up a phone interview for LDRP. The phone interview was with 2 people, and again, they asked some behavioral questions, but I seem to remember this being more about my technical background.

3) On the same day of my phone interview, I got a call to congratulate me & set up an on site interview at the end of the next week in Dallas. The night before the interview we all had dinner with current members of the program, which was helpful. There were four parts to it--2 behavioral interviews, 1 technical presentation (I gave it on my previous summer research), and a surprise "project." The first three (interviews + presentations) were each with 2-3 interviewers. During the project, all 12 interviewers from the day were there to observe how we work in teams. The interviews were all behavioral and asked a lot about leadership skills.

The interview was on a Friday, and I received the offer the following Tuesday. I'm a materials engineer, and I accepted the offer because I'm really interested in getting into the semiconductor industry, and I'm very excited about living abroad in SE Asia for year 2 of the rotation. It also seems to be an awesome program that sets you up to get a lot of good experience with the best managers--not to mention they only hire 10 people annually for this position. My start date is mid-August.

Interview Questions
    • The group project was a bit stressful, but there's no way to practice for it. Just be sure to be quick thinking, diplomatic, and show you're a leader.   Answer Question
    I asked, but there's no negotiation for new grads. Something about the budget already being set and/or it being unfair to other hires, which I would disagree with--but the benefits and salary are still good.

Technical Sales Interview

Entirely behavioral questions, no technical questions or anything related to my resume. Asked me to pick a topic I was familiar with and sell it to them. Pretty laid back environment, actively received feedback while interviewing. After a few weeks they told me through email they weren't going to continue the process

Interview Questions
    • Pick a topic you are familiar with and sell it to us. Describe three times you failed and three times you succeeded.   Answer Question

Human Resources Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

I had one interview that was web based. I was on a webcam and the questions appeared on the side of the screen. I could not see the interviewer during this process.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

They came to my career fair where I first contacted them. They scheduled an interview with me the next day. It lasted 45 minutes and had a chance to get to know the position better. The questions were all pertaining to leadership with some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • This was more of an open ended question. I was asked to explain on an electronics level how a laptop or cell phone operated.   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

They asked me to draw a block diagram of a control system. It's more of a behavioral interview than hardcore technical interview. They asked about leadership and teamwork. One of the questions is what is something that you learned from a recent experience.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I'm there for the intern only, nothing too complicated, it only lasted half an hour, 3 to 4 basic analog design block problem, like redesign two single output op amps into one op amp with differential output, or design buffer for the delta sigma ADC. if you get in touch with these often it won't be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • I haven't touched the basic MOSFETs for almost a year, nothing seems to be familiar to me now. Though nothing challenging during the interview, but you need to have a solid background knowledge on the IC design.   Answer Question