Texas Instruments

Getting the Interview

366 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through campus career fair, got the interview notification the second day. The interviewer asked me some behavior questions such as "what do you know about ti" "why do you want to join TI." They also asked about the TA experiences. Such as what you learned from your TA work. If you found an error in you notes at class, how do you handle it.

Interview Question – I am asked about how I learned DSP.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Rotation Program Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Initial communications over phone and email to set up interview.

Interview included a mixer to meet with other interviewees and an opportunity to ask questions-- strongy recommend asking questions to understand the program.

Two hour long interviews that included a presentation and some questions regarding past projects and some technical questions.

Interview Question – Given an area, what is the fastest and most accurate way to approximate the number of coffee shops and why is it the fastest and most accurate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – great company. great offer. wonderful opportunity. no negotiation :]

Manufacturing Supervisor Intern Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Applied online, really pleased and surprised to receive an interview. HR rep contacted on a Sunday night at 9:00 pm, took lots of time between emails, took a week longer than expected to set up phone interview. After taking all that time, she did not confirm the date of the interview and caused a lot of confusion.

Interview Question – Lots of questions on leadership, they score your answers to determine your leadership potential   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was extensive but extremely quick. After the career fair I had an interview the next day, two phone calls, one virtual interview and then they flew me to Dallas for two more interviews and a dinner with people in the program.

The process was great! They paid for flight, rental car, hotel room, dinner, and traveler check to cover any other items. TI takes care of you and you can tell that they treat all their employees like they matter. They are a top tier company and definitely show it.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Advice is to show strong presentation skills.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – I applied online and went through 3 interview processes. First one was a prescreen interview which consists of 5 questions and you have to video record your responses. Second one was a online interview with a TI employee and third one was an onsite interview at one of TI's sites. My overall experience was really great, they were very quick to respond and every person I had an interaction with made me feel at ease. I got an offer fairly quickly and accpted it. I have been in the program for couple of months now and really enjoying all the aspects of the program and TI in general.

Interview Question – The questions are mostly behavioural, focusing on your soft skills.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was a long one as they had me return 3 times to interview with different people. They definitely go after top talents and want to ensure you have something to contribute to the company.

Interview Question – How do you work in a tough environment?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round was a webcam interview where you record yourself answering some basic behavioural/interest questions. Second round was a phone interview with two current TI Applications engineers. You prepare a 10 minute presentation on a technical project you've done for the phone interview, and share slides via TI's videoconference system. Third round was in person at TI - they fly you down to Dallas to interview at headquarters, again presenting on the same project.

Questions are technical, but based around your project (and expect a ton of behavioural questions if said project was a group project), so just make sure that you can talk in-depth about the dirty details. Also be prepared to discuss anything on your resume.

Interview Question – Just all of the technical detail on my project - everything down to coding algorithms for a mainly hardware project.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wanted a better balance of field and desk work.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details – Received an email through my school's career site. Interviewed right on campus. Followed up with a phone interview less than a week later. Everyone involved seems super excited to work for TI, seems like a great company. I'm not entirely finished with the application process yet, but I expect to be recieving an offer soon

Interview Question – Questions were fairly straightforward. They didn't ask anything specific just wanted to know if I had a general idea of the fabrication process   Answer Question

Applications Rotational Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – TI interview process was very nice. I was interning at TI and at the end of my internship I sought out some positions and they were able to give me interviews for a few different positions while I was still working in Dallas and had a year left in college. Overall, the interview process was straightforward. I met with a few of the managers and they asked me a series of questions. It started broad, discussing personality, work ethic, some personal views, etc. It then progressed to more technical questions. One of the walls of the room was an entire whiteboard and I was asked a series of questions (mostly based on fundamentals) and was asked to explain in writing what I was thinking. By and large, it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Give us an example of a time you failed and explain what happened and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details – There are two people in one room A, and two people in room B. You will present your project to the first two people in room A, and then again to room B. In neither room was I asked a single technical question. Behavioral questions only.

Interview Question – They used a good cop/bad cop routine. Room A was very harsh. Combative even. Creating silence, and asking questions that simply create conflict. I was the team leader on a project, and when asked "who is the most important person on the team" I said "we were all important", he followed up with "why wasn't it you?" and "how do we get your friend's resumes". Room B was very friendly. I didn't get the offer. To prepare for this, I would practice how to work with interrogations.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments