Texas Instruments

Updated Dec 15, 2014

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Explain teams and group projects you have been involved in; Explain a time where you had to think on your feet; Explain a time where you had to think on your feet; Problem solving skills, etc. Nothing particularly difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - a weird kind of group project for Manufacturing Leadership team though   Answer Question

Mixed-signal Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied the resume by my friend in TI, got a call from the manager later he conducted phone interview for basic technical check, one week later TI bring me to Dallas (I was in San Jose) for group interview, the entire organization interview me and check everything thoroughly, aq very stressful interview experience, from 8:00 in the morning until 4:00 pm, non-stop.

Interview Questions
    • They drew a picture of the circuitry and ask me to explain how it worked, to be honest I had never seen it before, hence I answered terribly on those questions. I believe that is something only those people know, because they worked on it. If I drew my work on the board, it will stun them as well, I believe:)   Answer Question

Engineering Leadership Development Program Interview

Applied online and was called by a recruiter, initiated a phone interview.

IC Design Engineer Interview

on campus

Interview Questions
    • what is the influence of the pole which is far away from the unity gain freq to the stability of the system   Answer Question

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Campus Job Fair, Interview about some project content. Not good.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interviewer was very polite. This was an on campus interview and it was mostly a behavioral/personality interview. There were no technical questions. A lot of qualified students were invited to interview and it was not clear what type of candidate they were looking for. There was a career fair a day earlier.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked what kind of innovations I would like to see from TI and any difficult teamwork issues.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Three interviews: two phone interview one HR and one engineering manager and a final on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question may be of an area of interest depending on job functions.   Answer Question

ACCESS Rotational Program Interview

Met at a university career fair and had an interview schedule for the next day. Nothing out of the ordinary, mostly just technical fit. Next round is a video interview and there will be a 3rd round at the HQ in Dallas.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

It as pretty easy as I know the Manager and worked with him before.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic electical (basic networks, control theory, stability) and Anaglog design (oscillator, small signal model) knowledge was tested. I did not feel there was any question difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was fresh out of my college (finishing my PhD). I did not even know there is any scope for negotiation.

Technical Writer Interview

Mine was a long interview process. I arrived early in the morning, was interviewed by the department manager and several other employees, and ended up staying there for a little over four hours in all.

Interview Questions
    • "What did you learn while being interviewed" was a good one.   Answer Question