Texas Instruments

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2010.

Interview Details – Direct questions relevant to the job. No surprises but have to know what you are talking about. Questions were mostly technical. It was group interview with people whom you have to work with.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Just accepted

Member of Technical Staff

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – I was selected as part of a campus recruitment. Had a quick phone interview call and then followed up with a more technical in-person interview on campus.
this was followed by a final round at the headquarters where I was interviewed by 3 separate people. the nature was mostly technology focused with a bit of generic questions.
Was given an offer letter after they conducted another 3 rounds of interview - so the wait for me was a bit more. but the HR folks contacted me to state that I was a shortlisted candidate and wanted to let me know after additional rounds. Others in my interview round were told no right away. So, a bit more communication that I had expected.

Interview Question – Detailed explanation of a school project I had done with a lot of follow-ups. Kept extending the interview and HR finally dragged me away from that interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – I was recruited by one of the TI fellows and asked to come down to Dallas. The interview was thorough but fair. Gave a presentation to members, senior members of staff and fellows. Was asked questions about the presentation and then had individual sessions with several of the people present at the talk. The staff overall wanted to engage in a lively discussion and see what I knew, but was not disrespectful about it.

Interview Question – Question was very specific to my talk, and challenged me on practicality of my approach. Basically, be prepared to engage in a lively discussion with intelligent people.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Texas Instruments Videos

Texas Instruments – Why Work for Us?

Look around you. TI is there. Our analog and embedded processing technologies power every type of electronics you touch – from laptops and cameras to auto infotainment systems and medical technologies to video games… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments Member of Technical Staff interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees and interview candidates.