Texas Instruments Product Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a call from HR and schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager. After couple of days, I talked with HM on the phone and scheduled an onsite interview. Met six people, over three hours ,and they are all professional and knowledgable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I completed a total of three interviews in about 2 weeks. The first interview was done over the phone with a recruiter from TI. The other two interviews were done by my boss and her co-worker. There is also a really good chance that you could be asked to complete a presentation of some sort.

Interview Questions

• If I were to contact your current boss right now, what would he say is your weakness?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

1) Applied Online 2) 10 Minute Presentation over the phone with screen share Questions about project and some behavioral questions 3) On site interview - they were very generous with taking care of you Both Behavioral and Technical Questions

Interview Questions

• review your semiconductor physics, transistors, and amplifier cicuits   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Apply thru college career fair. - Got campus interview the day after the career fair. Almost all behavioral questions. Talk a little bit about my project on resume. - 3 weeks later got a virtual interview thru internet. Again, almost all basic behavioral questions. Only 2 "technical questions" asking about voltage divider and basic RC circuit. Also, they required me to prepare a 10 min presentation for whatever topic I like. I talked about my senior design project. The manager asked a lot of questions regarding to it. - One month After the virtual interview I received an email indicating that my interview went well and next step will be onsite interview. It took about 2 month to schedule and reschedule for it. During onsite interview there are also a lot of behavioral questions. I think this is because this role is not so "technical" so that they rather like to see how could you deal with problems.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult course you have taken? How did you deal with it? Provide an example on a certain course or project that you didn't do as well, explain why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Met at Career Fair from University. Have set interview the next day and told me it is not going to be technical interview, but had technical questions. 1-1 interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you have done during research/what was difficulties you had during research/what was most challenging, how did you overcome that challenge   1 Answer
    • Had a sheet of paper with a question on it. They asked me to draw Voltage vs. time graph while they provided me with Current vs. Time graph. Also, asked to draw an op-amp with gain of "-5"   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

First interview was in person and were behavioral questions. The only technical questions was at the end. Question: Describe the voltage characteristics of a battery and a capacitor in parallel. Second interview was over the phone. They wanted to know about specifics about the projects I have completed. Third interview is on onsite. I have yet to be interviewed. No offer yet if any.

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Champaign, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career fair hosted by my University. They matched me up with this position based on my previous experiences and gave me an on-site interview the next day on the spot. The interview was almost entirely behavioral. My interviewer only gave me a very basic digital logic and RC circuit question. Afterwards, he asked me to explain about my experiences on my resume and multiple behavioral questions. The interviewer and recruiters were very friendly; probably the most friendly recruiters I have talked to the whole career fair. The process is a two step process where I was interviewed on-site and then I would be given a phone call to set up a virtual interview if they liked me as a candidate. After around 2 months, I was called to proceed on to the final round. I am supposed to be interviewed by 2 product engineers over a virtual interview. I am expected to also prepare a 10-15 minute long presentation of an engineering topic/experience that I was apart of and describe my role and outcome of this project.

Product Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Done by hiring manager and a couple of techies; meeting with manager of the manager is a good sign. HR gets involved at the tail-end of the process, if an offer is pending.

Interview Questions

• A few test questions (e.g., calculate exact angle between two hands of a clock) - idea is to assess the thought process of the candidate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

On campus interview at Georgia Tech. Not too technical, go over your resume and describe the projects you have worked on at school, what do you like to do for fun, how do you manage your work/life balance etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some specif tech blogs that you follow and why?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Three interviews: two phone interview one HR and one engineering manager and a final on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical question may be of an area of interest depending on job functions.   Answer Question