Texas Instruments

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

First interview was in person and were behavioral questions. The only technical questions was at the end. Question: Describe the voltage characteristics of a battery and a capacitor in parallel.

Second interview was over the phone. They wanted to know about specifics about the projects I have completed.

Third interview is on onsite. I have yet to be interviewed. No offer yet if any.

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2014.

I applied through a career fair hosted by my University. They matched me up with this position based on my previous experiences and gave me an on-site interview the next day on the spot. The interview was almost entirely behavioral. My interviewer only gave me a very basic digital logic and RC circuit question. Afterwards, he asked me to explain about my experiences on my resume and multiple behavioral questions. The interviewer and recruiters were very friendly; probably the most friendly recruiters I have talked to the whole career fair. The process is a two step process where I was interviewed on-site and then I would be given a phone call to set up a virtual interview if they liked me as a candidate.

After around 2 months, I was called to proceed on to the final round. I am supposed to be interviewed by 2 product engineers over a virtual interview. I am expected to also prepare a 10-15 minute long presentation of an engineering topic/experience that I was apart of and describe my role and outcome of this project.

Product Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Done by hiring manager and a couple of techies; meeting with manager of the manager is a good sign. HR gets involved at the tail-end of the process, if an offer is pending.

Interview Questions
    • A few test questions (e.g., calculate exact angle between two hands of a clock) - idea is to assess the thought process of the candidate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

On campus interview at Georgia Tech. Not too technical, go over your resume and describe the projects you have worked on at school, what do you like to do for fun, how do you manage your work/life balance etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are some specif tech blogs that you follow and why?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Three interviews: two phone interview one HR and one engineering manager and a final on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question may be of an area of interest depending on job functions.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2014.

Interviewed over phone after recruiter called to set up interview. Gave technical presentation over phone while sharing computer screen for powerpoint.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a few questions about my method of debugging and test as well as basic semiconductor questions (i.e. what is a controllable variable other than voltage in semiconductor optimization - ans: frequency)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2013.

A recruiter contacted me via email to send her my resume. Then she scheduled an interview on campus. It was not the technical interview. Then after almost two weeks I received an email for a virtual interview. The virtual interview was a 30min interview which I had to record myself by answering some question which was not technical either. It was about how well I do in group projects and define what is creativity and how well I can lead a group and give them an example. Then after a few days I received a call regarding another interview over webcam. I had to make a presentation about a project I did for one of my classes and present them in 15minutes. Then they asked some question about my presentations and some other technical questions. And now I am waiting to heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Q1. One of the questions were if you know your device will stop working at some temperature (i.e 25 degree below zero) how can you prove it to your costumer in a room where you are presenting your product? You can not make the temperature of the room to get to that temperature when you are meeting with the costumer?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

TI emailed for a brief phone interview. Scheduled it and had a 20 minute interview. It was a basic screening to see if I was interested and locations of interest. She said she would put on the Hiring Managers list. Still waiting for call from the Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2012.

My resume was shortlisted in the job fair,two weeks later there was a half an hour interview conducted in the university campus, then after two weeks I got a call for the onsite interview and I was little busy with my Intern so I set it up to my schedule, the staffing engineer was cool, All the arrangements were perfect. It was 3 one hour interviews. each interview was conducted by two engineers, there were lot of behavioral questions and later there was lunch and a video presentation on the technology. Then I had two more 20 minute interviews with the Manager and other higher professional.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do If one of the engineers you are gonna work with will not co operate after you have done everything you could ,to get him to work??   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2012.

University recruitment drive : Job fair- >On campus interview followed by onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • They majorly asked behavioral questions.. how did you solve a certain issue, give an example of your creativity etc   Answer Question