Texas Instruments

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.6

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Apply thru college career fair.
- Got campus interview the day after the career fair. Almost all behavioral questions. Talk a little bit about my project on resume.
- 3 weeks later got a virtual interview thru internet. Again, almost all basic behavioral questions. Only 2 "technical questions" asking about voltage divider and basic RC circuit. Also, they required me to prepare a 10 min presentation for whatever topic I like. I talked about my senior design project. The manager asked a lot of questions regarding to it.
- One month After the virtual interview I received an email indicating that my interview went well and next step will be onsite interview. It took about 2 month to schedule and reschedule for it. During onsite interview there are also a lot of behavioral questions. I think this is because this role is not so "technical" so that they rather like to see how could you deal with problems.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most difficult course you have taken? How did you deal with it?
    Provide an example on a certain course or project that you didn't do as well, explain why.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

1) Applied Online
    2) 10 Minute Presentation over the phone with screen share
    Questions about project and some behavioral questions
    3) On site interview - they were very generous with taking care of you
    Both Behavioral and Technical Questions

Interview Questions
    • review your semiconductor physics, transistors, and amplifier cicuits   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

First interview was in person and were behavioral questions. The only technical questions was at the end. Question: Describe the voltage characteristics of a battery and a capacitor in parallel.

Second interview was over the phone. They wanted to know about specifics about the projects I have completed.

Third interview is on onsite. I have yet to be interviewed. No offer yet if any.

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2014.

I applied through a career fair hosted by my University. They matched me up with this position based on my previous experiences and gave me an on-site interview the next day on the spot. The interview was almost entirely behavioral. My interviewer only gave me a very basic digital logic and RC circuit question. Afterwards, he asked me to explain about my experiences on my resume and multiple behavioral questions. The interviewer and recruiters were very friendly; probably the most friendly recruiters I have talked to the whole career fair. The process is a two step process where I was interviewed on-site and then I would be given a phone call to set up a virtual interview if they liked me as a candidate.

After around 2 months, I was called to proceed on to the final round. I am supposed to be interviewed by 2 product engineers over a virtual interview. I am expected to also prepare a 10-15 minute long presentation of an engineering topic/experience that I was apart of and describe my role and outcome of this project.

Product Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Done by hiring manager and a couple of techies; meeting with manager of the manager is a good sign. HR gets involved at the tail-end of the process, if an offer is pending.

Interview Questions
    • A few test questions (e.g., calculate exact angle between two hands of a clock) - idea is to assess the thought process of the candidate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

On campus interview at Georgia Tech. Not too technical, go over your resume and describe the projects you have worked on at school, what do you like to do for fun, how do you manage your work/life balance etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are some specif tech blogs that you follow and why?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Three interviews: two phone interview one HR and one engineering manager and a final on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question may be of an area of interest depending on job functions.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2014.

Interviewed over phone after recruiter called to set up interview. Gave technical presentation over phone while sharing computer screen for powerpoint.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a few questions about my method of debugging and test as well as basic semiconductor questions (i.e. what is a controllable variable other than voltage in semiconductor optimization - ans: frequency)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2013.

A recruiter contacted me via email to send her my resume. Then she scheduled an interview on campus. It was not the technical interview. Then after almost two weeks I received an email for a virtual interview. The virtual interview was a 30min interview which I had to record myself by answering some question which was not technical either. It was about how well I do in group projects and define what is creativity and how well I can lead a group and give them an example. Then after a few days I received a call regarding another interview over webcam. I had to make a presentation about a project I did for one of my classes and present them in 15minutes. Then they asked some question about my presentations and some other technical questions. And now I am waiting to heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Q1. One of the questions were if you know your device will stop working at some temperature (i.e 25 degree below zero) how can you prove it to your costumer in a room where you are presenting your product? You can not make the temperature of the room to get to that temperature when you are meeting with the costumer?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

TI emailed for a brief phone interview. Scheduled it and had a 20 minute interview. It was a basic screening to see if I was interested and locations of interest. She said she would put on the Hiring Managers list. Still waiting for call from the Manager.