Texas Instruments

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Test Engineer Interview

Product Test Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Had interview on campus. Then received offer several months later

Interview Question – Everything was standard. No curve balls   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Product Test Engineer Interview

Product Test Engineer

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2010.

Interview Details – First apply online. Then you receive an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was semi technical and semi character questions. Typical questions. Why TI, Why engineering, discuss projects and information on resume in detail. Most likely it should refer to something that TI does. For me I had experience with FETs and doing research. Please dont forget I said detailed. Be concise but know your stuff. The person interviewing you is most likely a team member and you cant bs them with your technical knowledge.

Next interview is a panel interview of managers. They want to decide where you fit. Although you are to wear business professional clothes. The managers will be in their everyday work wear. Usually jeans and a shirt. They are nice people. But please do not be unprofessional. Once I was hired, I conducted a few interviews. You will be surprised at why people dont get hired. It isnt their lack of knowledge or background. Its usually always lack of professionalism. They will fly you out and you do a tour of the facility. They give you lunch. And throughout the various tours they pull each person one by one for an interview. Dont be alarmed that 5-6 people are in there. The interview is once again another brief discussion on who you are and your skills. Then they ask you about your goals. Please make your goals relevant to TI. Research the company. They may even ask you if you know what TI does. Its not just calculators. The first interview was more nerve wrecking than the second. I am not a disgruntled employee. I hope this information truly helps.

By the way, I received my offer letter within two weeks, I was still in college when hired. My degree was BSEE.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you are doing to enhance yourself?   View Answer
  • What project are you most proud of and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate anything. I did however receive a signing and moving bonus.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Texas Instruments Videos

Texas Instruments – Why Work for Us?

Look around you. TI is there. Our analog and embedded processing technologies power every type of electronics you touch – from laptops and cameras to auto infotainment systems and medical technologies to video games… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments Product Test Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees and interview candidates.