Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Quality Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

The interview process included a presentation to be presented in front of approximately 8-10 engineers and two face to face interviews. Took approximately four hours which included lunch.

Interview Questions
  • What does the cross section of a MOSFET and BJT look like and how does it operate?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2014.

Was first recruited at my university's career fair and set up an interview the next day. It was pretty general, just asking personal questions and a lot about my resume. I got lucky though because the recruiter didn't see on resume that I've done a presentation in the past and commented on that if he had he would of made me do it for the first interview. So be prepared! I had a second phone interview with two quality engineers at the same time and they went into even more detail about my resume and threw in a few technical questions but mainly they just wanted to know about projects I have worked on and what machines I have used. The third interview they flew me out to Dallas and it was a day long affair. There were 8 of us split into 2 groups but they made it explicit we weren't there for the same job which was a huge relief. First half was a presentation given by a recent new hire(less than a year with the company) so it was easy to identify with them and more relaxed. Then lunch where you can meet supervisors and managers which was great networking experience. After lunch came our 20 min technical presentation and then 2 separate interviews. The hardest part of the day was the presentation but everyone was really nice so it wasn't too stressful. The fact that there were other students present at this point actually helped a lot so we could kind of cheer each other up.

If you have a really technical project that pertains to the job field definitely go into a lot of detail with it for the presentation. I did and the rest of my interviews weren't technical because of that.

The interview processes for other positions is a lot different though and you might not get to do a presentation. I know for design they set up a white board and have you draw things for them.

Interview Questions
    • The difference between wet and dry etching, which is an/isotropic.   Answer Question
    They were very lenient on my start time. The actual offer was a lot better than I was hoping for so I didn't negotiate it and they have really nice benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2012.

There was a standard phone screening which involved talking to a group of interviewers about the basics of semiconductor wafer fabrication which also included a brief run through my resume. After that they flew me to Dallas to interview with 8 other candidates. This interview consisted of 4 group/panel interviews and for one of the group interviews I was required to give a 20 minute technical presentation. Overall it was a difficult interview but well worth the amount of time it took. The interviewers do a wonderful job of making you feel very comfortable.